Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Ashley challis
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley challis »

Hi,

How do I add an avatar image to my profile. I just can't figure it out. Please help ASAP.

Regards Ash.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I 'm guessing you got it sorted,as I can see your new avatar,is it ok now?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Ashley challis
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ashley challis »

Yes thankyou, my computer skills some time lack.

Ash.

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

May I ask how? Becuase I dont understand at all how to do it on this forum.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Go to the user profile, there you will find the category personality. Click it and you will come to a screen which among others contain avatar options. Find a picture online you want to use, make sure it is not to big. Image shack is a great way to resize and image. Store this image on your computer then click the upload button, select the image file you want and wait as the site uploads it. Assuming it is not to big you now have an avatar picture and all you need to do is click ok. There is also a button named change avatar, click it and you can select from a list of pre loaded images, choose one, press submit and you will have that as an avatar. Please let me know if you need any more help.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

Ah ok now I know. There's some problem with this site. When I tried tonight I only got back to the profilepage. That's why I didn't see anything about where to upload a avatar. I was too tired to see that obviously. :( Tride now but it never finished the upload and now I get a bad link answer. Hmm

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Then I do not know. You have to contact one of the mods about this problem then.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I got the same bad link message when I clicked on the personality page also,then after I checked my posts page,it came up ok the second time clicked.

I think you should report this too,Gandridur.I 've had this happen before too,but it seems resolved for me atm.I 'm not sure why it happens.I know zilch about the technical stuff.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

Nahemah wrote:
I think you should report this too,Gandridur.I 've had this happen before too,but it seems resolved for me atm.I 'm not sure why it happens.I know zilch about the technical stuff.
I have reported it now so... I dont know a zilch either about stuff like that. So your not alone. :) Back in 98 I had no job and got the offer to go a IT-education course for a year for free. So I had nothing to loose. The only crux was that I had to perform a test with 40 questions about computers and things together with a group of 200 hundred. With 50 in each group. I was like mmm I never going to succed doing a test like that. Not a chance. So a week before the test I did a ritual for that. Forgot it and went to the test and looked at it. Not a chance in hell! Yeah I could answer one, only one for sure that was the only one that was simple and that Windows is a OS. So I just marked a,b,c on each question and was sure I had failed afterwards. A month later I got the result in my mail as i would. I had completely forgotten it. I was going to throw that away immediately without opening it. But I opened it and I had 35 of 40 that was a requirement for this education course. Then I remembered the ritual again. I can be argued that I would have succeded anyway. Who know for sure. Anyway I plauged myself through the educaction for three months before I jumped off. It was soooo boring and all the guys, all they talked about was It and computers. All the fucking time! How boring isn't that?:( And there was only one girl. I talked to her and liked her att first but after awhile she was attracted to me and I wasn't. I had during that time started to practice Tarot and she was the first person I did a reading about and the answer I got that she was totally screwed. I wasn't sure if I was right and if I was right, well she is screwed. And about a little more that a month, when she understood I wasn't attracted to her, she showed how screwed she was. So for allmost two months I went to this boring classes and had no one to talk to. So no, There's not a tiny bit of a it-neard inside me.=)

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

It was soooo boring and all the guys, all they talked about was It and computers. All the fucking time! How boring isn't that?
Most the men I know talk about computers all the time as well. But I kind of like it. I like computers. Besides what was they supposed to talk about in your class, it was after all a computer class.

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

Venefica wrote:

Besides what was they supposed to talk about in your class, it was after all a computer class.

Sigh!

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Is it strange to talk about computers in a computer's class?

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

You dont get it so nevermind. As you say in your profile you have Asperger syndrome so you are excused.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

"As you say in your profile you have Asperger syndrome so you are excused."

Gandridur,that was rude and uncalled for.Please think for a bit before you post like that.

If someone dosen't understand your point,then perhaps explaining it differently/ a little more, wouldn't hurt? Remember English is not Venefica's first language.[yet she writes in it very well]

I get what you meant,but I was equally bored by the IT part of a course I was on,so I was more interested in the class members as people, outside of the subject we were taking,as you were also.I didn't have much in common with them,so we didn't have a lot to converse about.Breaks were awkward,lol.

V's question makes sense if you think about it,why not talk about computers in the comp class? She enjoys this kind of thing and she was just referring to the subject.So it 's strange for V and other 'tech head' types,to accept that some of us not only don't understand IT/PC,but don't really have any interest in learning about it.

Gandridur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gandridur »

Nahemah wrote:
Gandridur,that was rude and uncalled for.Please think for a bit before you post like that.
I was only honest without any hard feelings. I had no intention to be rude or anything else. It's all too easy interpret and see things that are not there with written words. Your filter is not mine and mine is not yours. Please think too for a bit before you post.:) Over and out.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

"Your filter is not mine and mine is not yours. Please think too for a bit before you post.smile Over and out."

Perhaps.However there are rules pertaining to good forum conduct and also simple courtesy never harmed anyone.Honesty is commendable,unless it is disingenous.So to match you honestly,in my honest opinion your comment was a cheap shot.I have some honest questions for you.

You show understanding that Venefica did not pick up on the intonation of your post and yes,she may have asked you what seems an obvious question...

but given that you read her profile and know she has Aspergers,as you clearly stated yourself.....couldn't you have shown a little more consideration and patience with your response and explained in more detail? Some times folk don't get the full jist of a topic,for varying reasons,it's not Aspie specific,believe me.

Asking questions is a common way to check if you are unsure of something and to ask for more info to clarify,is also common on forums such as this one.I fail to see why V 's question was off topic or irrelevant. You could have explained a bit more and broadened out the conversation a little? [ heck,folk here might actually be interested,imagine that]

It's not like we don't know V here,she is a long standing member of this forum and it's earlier forebear,you are not proving anything by referring to her Aspergers,or telling others anything new or shameful.So why refer to it?.

Would you mind clarifying for me,why you believe it's the Aspergers that makes her 'not get' it or you?

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

V's question makes sense if you think about it,why not talk about computers in the comp class? She enjoys this kind of thing and she was just referring to the subject.So it 's strange for V and other 'tech head' types,to accept that some of us not only don't understand IT/PC,but don't really have any interest in learning about it.
What I mean was not that I do not understand why someone would not like or be interested in IT and computers, we all have different interests. It was more why go to a class one have no interest in. To try to explain myself more, if I went to a football class I would be bored out of my head, but I would not think it strange if those around me talked about football for that is after all what we where there for. Though I might have expressed myself wrong.

And I am not insulted. I might very well not have gotten it. It might be that I have Aspergers or just my personality in general but my question was more why go to a class for something one think is very boring to the point of all but making fun of those that go to the class because they find it interesting? It just to me seams like time would be better spent learning something one think is interesting. That is all I meant. So yes I did miss the point of the story I think. However sometimes I think it is good, at least when I say or write something, that someone do not pick up the point I had intended but instead comments on something else in what I have said that I might not have think of otherwise.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Sorry V.I just didn't agree with Gandridur's statement and I expressed that a bit strongly,I didn't feel that it was a fair response to your question.

Principessa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Principessa »

It seems that i have the same problem...no matter where do i click it redirects me in the same place=>personal so its imposible to change my avatar;yesterday seemed to be some problems on submiting images outside site and i managed to put an avatar from those mentioned there but today not even that...i dunno what to do:/

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Send a message to admin Principessa,or if you can't/the site wont let you,make a topic in the Site Discussion folder.I',m just going to check my profile,see if it's working ok for me.There have been glitches before,so don't worry,if it is a glitch its sortable.

I just checked and I 'm having some problems too.I pmed admin.

Principessa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Principessa »

Okies=)

Metahermetic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metahermetic »

In trying to add a photo or avatar to my account, I get this error:

Error (code 1001) - We are looking into this, sorry for the inconvenience

I'm not sure if maybe this forum has a time restraint on adding account features. (I know some sites require 24-48 hrs. of an account being new & used before all features become active and available to the user.)

I'll check back on adding the photo in a few days and see if either A) the issue is resolved due to what I mentioned or B) it is a site issue and the error gets fixed. Just dropping you a line that it may be an issue. If it's not, just ignore. Thanks.

Metahermetic
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metahermetic »

found, thanks.

A

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yey! Forum was glitchy,so admin changed a few things,glad you got it sorted Metahermetic.

katheytez
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by katheytez »

it would seem that everyone who is having the problem got a fix... but they didn't state HOW they got a fix.
anywho, whenever i press the upload button, the page simply refreshes.
im not computer illiterate... am i?
love and peace,
-kp
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."

Return to “Site Discussion”