wtf

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

apple
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by apple »

is anyone managing this site anymore? wtf

soham
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by soham »

It seems no body is taking interest in this site. There should be a webmaster to implement various suggestions.
soham at this site = durki at occultforums.com

kiren
Admin
Admin

wtf

Post by kiren »

I have been on a peroid of absence which is academic and work related. I am currently devising a script to delete this hideous golf spam.

people interested in helping should email me, this could be a long process... but i promise to cleanse OUR board of spam yet again.

noOne
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by noOne »

I sugest you increase the number of moderators, it's easy to control spam and the things in general.
I don't know if this script has anti spam modules, but you can sure put some posting restrictions(time between posts, captcha after a certain number, etc.)

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by Vashta »

Hello,

I'm sorry for my absence, I've been moving house and falling in love, I kind of ignored everything else for a few months there.

The IP addresses are too different to ban by IP address, each spammer uses a different IP for each 3-6 posts, which suggests it's part of a botnet attack. The user accounts have been barred from logging in, and we're looking into improving the user registration system, as the captcha field on registration isn't blocking the spambots anymore.

I've deleted the posts and topics, so hopefully the board will be clear enough now. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the situation.

Once again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by Nahemah »

Yey:cool:
Cheers Vashta and congrats on the love etc.:D
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Lizard1138
Forum Member
Forum Member

wtf

Post by Lizard1138 »

Well, it looks like the spam is building up again. I love this forum, but seriously there needs to be CAPTCHA's when you register as a user or when you make posts.

Return to “Site Discussion”