Creating a school of magickal learning on OF

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Do you want a school of magickal teaching on occultforum.org ?

Yes, this will add value to the site
53%
No, this isn't necessary
47%

Total votes: 19

TheAwakenedHeart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Creating a school of magickal learning on OF

Post by TheAwakenedHeart »

In case there's any future interest in it, I've also posted a brief tutorial on basic spirit keeping:

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 46&t=37312
"The Way is not in the sky. The Way is in the Heart." - Buddha

All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it power. - Tao

Of the Heart Chakra, Anāhata Chakra: The characteristics of the Heart Chakra are Love, Unity, and Healing"""

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

Thanks TheAwakenedHeart!
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JohnTitor »

While I have read the objections and issues raised, I do not feel that anyone has truly discussed the benefit to the site. I see those who agree, and those who don't agree. The material pertaining to the latter is much larger than that which pertains to the prior. I personally have 9 years of general and in depth study of several paths and practices. In my experience however, there is a general reluctance to teach. My personal motto is always "I can teach you what NOT to do."

The convoluted ideologies and beliefs behind any Magickal system have complicated it to the degree that- there is a fear of teaching for there is no way to ensure that the student will follow appropriately to that which has been taught. My personal vote is yes, it will add value to the site... but so would having a thread strictly for the more experienced to post in, and the less so- read vs respond to. Often times the student or inquisitor will be left w/o an understanding simply because there is no medium save for the screen in front of them. You will come across those who are financially incapable of getting certain materials thought needed for rituals, ceremonies and other such practices that are believed to REQUIRE certain materials. I was in this way impeded in many practices and had to make due, often times fashioning my equipment from what I could find in the woods or going without- substituting certain actions or items within a rite to fit my situation. Now you are looking at the students possibly doing likewise. The BENEFIT however, is that instead of looking through over 300,000 posts and over 25,000 topics- you will have a center to it all where the student may jump straight into the 101 of said field of study, and progress from there. To expand upon this, there will surely be further releases of information pertaining to the topic at hand in each of the categories and subcategories. This adds a level of organization which no offense- is otherwise lacking within the general categories.

If you want to say learn Wiccan practices and culture- there are many resources online to help in doing so- but none of them are interpersonal the way having the set releases here would be. I have tried other Magick schools online and the "professors/mentors" have a lack of interpersonal relationships with the students, as they are speaking to masses instead of to each student. This ties in with the question of time, effort, and availability that were brought up by several other members, as well as the students affinities or inherent ability. One may find visualization or projection of intent difficult without a set model to build upon. I personally with my many years would not feel comfortable teaching when the student may not adhere to, or abide by certain restrictions put in place for their own protection. If any of them are as I was when I jumped headlong into things and not necessarily financially able, or lacking proper facilities or other necessities in their field of study- then things could go drastically wrong for them and their friends/family as they sometimes did for me during my first 3 years.

Benefits are certainly desired and while I think it's a good idea- I agree that much more thought and a model for how it would work if even truly considered as being implemented on the stie- is needed. Constant discussion outside of threads between students or inquisitors and the teacher/mentors would be required so as to avoid the lack of an answer specific to the person if say... they couldn't quite get the feel for energies or see color in energy as many can, and many cannot. It is a curious thing to consider certainly- but to discuss it so far as it has been, an experiment is due.
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place."
Lao Tsu

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Just to remind everyone, we have a forum for running study groups and for publishing tutorials on occult subjects. I have provided a link to this board below.

Study groups board

We currently have two study groups running. Again, I have provided links to them below.

A Tutorial on Basic Spirit Keeping
The Angel Magick Study Group for Beginners

Please feel free to create your own study groups, if this is something that interests you to do so. Please also feel free to post any tutorials you have on the Study groups board too.

JohnTitor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by JohnTitor »

Clockwork_Ghost

Thank you for the study group re-share. Does this imply then that these study groups are to take the place of an actual model for the school concept?
Creation is our gift, yet we seek only destruction. We have the ability to achieve greatness and mold our very existence into that which we desire- only to writhe in our perceived notions of existence and preconceived limitations set forth by our predecessors. Let us go forth together and create something wondrous and unique~
----------------------
"If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place."
Lao Tsu

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

JohnTitor wrote:Clockwork_Ghost

Thank you for the study group re-share. Does this imply then that these study groups are to take the place of an actual model for the school concept?
The main isues surounding the school, as proposed in both this thread and The big web of Occult practise are as follows.

1. Not all of the proposed questions concerning its structure and formation have been answered, and
2. We have no teachers

When all the questions that have been posed have been addressed and agreed upon by both forum members and the staff, then this discusion will move forward. We need these questions to be answered to ensure that the school won't just turn into one big chaotic mess. We also need school teachers. I am happy to administer the school, if it becomes viable, but I don't have time to teach. In the mean time, please use the existing Study groups board.

Atzmuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Atzmuth »

We need teachers. If this is provied, I will give you the perfect structure for teaching.
There is no Lucifer to folow, no God to obey
There is no Hell for punishment, no Heaven for reward
There are no Demons to fear, no Angels to listen
There is you and your fate
Wake up Alice
You are in Truthland.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Atzmuth wrote:We need teachers. If this is provied, I will give you the perfect structure for teaching.
Please send me a PM message with what you have. [thumbup]

Atzmuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Atzmuth »

I am building up the structure. I will work hard on it.
There is no Lucifer to folow, no God to obey
There is no Hell for punishment, no Heaven for reward
There are no Demons to fear, no Angels to listen
There is you and your fate
Wake up Alice
You are in Truthland.

Return to “Site Discussion”