Um... is the forum cursed?

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Um... is the forum cursed?

Post by Frumens »

Long-running members are leaving all at once. This just makes me wonder... is the forum cursed? Does it have bad karma or something? How is the egregore feeling? I'm not sensitive enough to communicate with it, but I'd really like to know. Are we about to get hacked again?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Um... is the forum cursed?

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Frumens wrote: Long-running members are leaving all at once.
Several long running members have left recently, yes. Anyone here is welcome to leave, this is not a prison. What you don't mention is that there are also a lot of new members joining. Just because someone with hundreds of recorded posts leaves, and someone with no recorded posts joins doesn't mean that the forum suffers as a result. Some people have left because of what I have done to the forum, mostly under the belief that I am damaging it in some way. What I am doing is simply cleaning the place up - all the Forum Rules come from scattered posts made throughout the forum, I have invented none of them. Again, this is up to the forum members here - I don't have a problem with people disliking me. I apologise if my actions have alienated anyone, but at the end of the day every decision has been discussed with other staff members, I am not simply acting alone.
Frumens wrote: This just makes me wonder... is the forum cursed?
No. The forum is a blessed place of knowledge. There is no curse. [grin]
Frumens wrote: Does it have bad karma or something?
No. Karma is a Right Hand Path thing, the forum is neither Right Hand Path or Left Hand Path.
Frumens wrote: How is the egregore feeling?
The egregore became a god-form a long time ago. It is a complex and eldritch thing that eats email addresses, refuses to send out verification emails, and does other varied and wonderfully random things.
Frumens wrote: I'm not sensitive enough to communicate with it, but I'd really like to know. Are we about to get hacked again?
No, we have some serious protection.

Thank you for your concern. [thumbup]

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

Ebb and Flow... it's the way of things. Often only of the merit you give it. There is no need to push the river, it will flow on it's own. To each their own. We float in the tides.

each is their own life boat.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Posters come and go, it's the same with all forums. This place is actually a lot more active than it was a few years ago - and the quality of the conversation has risen considerably.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Rin wrote:Posters come and go, it's the same with all forums. This place is actually a lot more active than it was a few years ago - and the quality of the conversation has risen considerably.
I looked at your old posts. You used to use emoticons all the time—it was so adorable! Why did you stop doing that? Was the child inside of you forced to grow up?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by palindrom »

Frumens wrote:
Rin wrote:Posters come and go, it's the same with all forums. This place is actually a lot more active than it was a few years ago - and the quality of the conversation has risen considerably.
I looked at your old posts. You used to use emoticons all the time—it was so adorable! Why did you stop doing that? Was the child inside of you forced to grow up?
i used to put smileys everywhere, and in another forum i got really told off for doing it. some people thought it childish and effusive, and took it as a sign for me not being able to control my emotions.

others loved it, though.

i'm not doing smileys so much anymore in forums, but still very much with my friends...

as for the forum being cursed: i think the energy changed with those little additions on the bottom of the first page. one will see where it leads to...

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

This place isn't cursed, it's just going through a transition. Well, I haven't been here long, but I do know this place was attacked by a cat once.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

Frumens wrote:
Lol :p It's definitely not something I stopped doing consciously... now I'm gonna go back through my old posts to see if there's any difference.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

thatrandomguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by thatrandomguy »

clockwork_ghost wrote:
The egregore became a god-form a long time ago. It is a complex and eldritch thing that eats email addresses, refuses to send out verification emails
It refused 2 to send a verification email to me on 3 different occasions and ate the email account itself once [mad]
cyberdemon wrote:This place isn't cursed, it's just going through a transition. Well, I haven't been here long, but I do know this place was attacked by a cat once.
Sounds like an interesting story, care to expand on it? [grin]

edit: ah i just found out about the well nourished feline, anyone wanna try and make a rite to appease the god of occultforums and verification emails for people that wanna create an account? [grin]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

I am interested in transition of this place. Will it blend or blow? ^^
Good thing there are possitiv comments from long-drawn users. I wasn't sure after register how long it will last. Never been here before but I participated in one forum life from start to end. We even tried to ressurect the place with one of new users but there was nobody anymoar to hear what we have to say. I think this forum have really good stuff to watch over it and cool active members. Am I wrong?

praise the Sun [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Yeah, the forum is pretty slow and sometimes it seems... well: dead.
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

We're currently trying out a few new things to help advertise the boards so we have new members. Our current small group of active members normally do a once-a-day login, so new posts aren't a constant thing.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

This forum is actually one of the more active occult boards on the internet.. every few hours there is always at least several topics with new posts.

Not posting much myself at the moment, had two weeks of illness thats finally clearing up but has left me in the mental state of using all my free time solely for myself / relaxation.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Sypheara wrote: Not posting much myself at the moment, had two weeks of illness thats finally clearing up but has left me in the mental state of using all my free time solely for myself / relaxation.
I hope you feel better soon.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

cyberdemon wrote:We're currently trying out a few new things to help advertise the boards so we have new members. Our current small group of active members normally do a once-a-day login, so new posts aren't a constant thing.
Yeah, maybe you're right.

I'm just said that the Chaos Magic topics in the Paradigm forum are pretty dead. :(

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

No, no it is not cursed, lol.

Posting picks up and drops regularly.seasonally, folk have lives, shit happens, old members leave and new ones join.

And so it goes on.

We prefer quality over quantity any day, so this isn't really an issue, unless you want it to be one.

Want more Chaos Magick posting?

Be the change you want to see. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Nahemah wrote:Want more Chaos Magick posting?

Be the change you want to see. [thumbup]
Actually, I am.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thank you.

I'm not as active as I used to be, but I am still around and will try to check out and post in some topics soon, just to keep things ticking along too.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Nahemah wrote:Thank you.

I'm not as active as I used to be, but I am still around and will try to check out and post in some topics soon, just to keep things ticking along too.
Unfortunately Chaos Magic was always like this - people can't discuss anything about it, because:
a, Other practitioners do things differently
b, The final verdict is always "Well, Chaos Magic is like this - it's up to your paradigm"; which is absolutely right, of course.

So you can't really discuss things, because "meh, whatever" is the best reaction you can get.

Being a chaote is a lonely thing, most of the time.
Only Eris is our constant companion. :)
This is the best and worst part of Chaos Magic, at the same time.

someonehidden
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by someonehidden »

Frumens wrote:Long-running members are leaving all at once. This just makes me wonder... is the forum cursed? Does it have bad karma or something? How is the egregore feeling? I'm not sensitive enough to communicate with it, but I'd really like to know. Are we about to get hacked again?
Does it have bad karma or something?
This is funny. It is impossible for forum to have bad karma.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

someonehidden wrote:
Frumens wrote:Long-running members are leaving all at once. This just makes me wonder... is the forum cursed? Does it have bad karma or something? How is the egregore feeling? I'm not sensitive enough to communicate with it, but I'd really like to know. Are we about to get hacked again?
Does it have bad karma or something?
This is funny. It is impossible for forum to have bad karma.

Is it possible for any organization to have bad karma?

What about a flag?

What are we but just an organization of a multitude of different organisms?

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

I say yes. We are all part of a social organism. I'm not negating individual will or agency. Collective unconscious yo. Yeah, flags have Karma too! Stop laughing at me, damnit!
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Deathquota wrote:
I say yes. We are all part of a social organism. I'm not negating individual will or agency. Collective unconscious yo. Yeah, flags have Karma too! Stop laughing at me, damnit!

I agree

Haqim
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haqim »

Deathquota wrote:
From an objective point of view, it's absolutely true.
And many times practicing magic is requiring an objective mindset.

However, from a subjective point of view it's all about the mage.

I bet you know this zen "riddle":

ONE WINDY day two monks were arguing about a flapping banner.

The first said, "I say the banner is moving, not the wind."

The second said, "I say the wind is moving, not the banner.'

A third monk passed by and said, "The wind is not moving. The
banner is not moving. Your minds are moving."

Return to “Site Discussion”