New Global Moderator - cyberdemon

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

New Global Moderator - cyberdemon

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Hi all,

I would like to take a moment to welcome a new member of staff: cyberdemon.

In his short time here, cyberdemon has proven himself to be a very constructive member of the forum. We especially appreciate his interest in making this forum a much better place for people new to the occult, and the way he can engage so many people in interesting and sometimes controversial subjects. cyberdemon has expressed interest in getting the chat room up and running again, which should also prove a real asset to the forum as a whole.

We trust you will join us in welcoming cyberdemon to the Occult Forum.org staff [thumbup]

[yay] [yay] [yay] [yay] [yay]

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: New Global Moderator - cyberdemon

Post by cyberdemon »

Congratulations cyberdemon! Oh, wait..

I'll do my best to help maintain the forums and as always support everyone in their pursuit of occult knowledge.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

I don't know cyberdemon, only read a few post relating to the adding rule debate. It seems a weird thing making a moderator out of a relatively new person who was embroiled in conflict almost from the start.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

A good debate, no? I also don't know anyone here and therefore I can try and dish out impartial opinions on current situations. I brought up what I believe to be an issue as a new member as well as being experienced in the arts. It's not up to me to decide whether the rule will be added or not - it is up to the forum administrator after he reviews every opinion placed forth in the debate. Sometimes it is necessary that issues that don't affect long-time visitors to be brought up, un/acknowledgement of these issues (at the very least) can be make-or-break in the long run.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

I think it is a mistake to entrust responsibility to one who demonstrates a clear lack of maturity. Such decisions may cause people to leave the forum.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

A good debate? To each his own, but I don't think so. Students have been complaining for centuries of teachers with holding information or being vauge. And as said in that thread, I don't think anyone owes another anything here other than common courtesy, but that wasn't really in question.

I congratulate you and believe you can probably do a great job here. New blood is good for breathing life into 'old' things. My point is more about the timing of your appointment. Things are already shaken up from admin change. You are very new to the forum and are only known to many for your personal argument and attempt to change the forum rules for what has been going on forever.

I don't mean this in offense against you, just speaking my uneasy mind and watching.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

manofsands wrote:I congratulate you and believe you can probably do a great job here. New blood is good for breathing life into 'old' things. My point is more about the timing of your appointment. Things are already shaken up from admin change. You are very new to the forum and are only known to many for your personal argument and attempt to change the forum rules for what has been going on forever.

I don't mean this in offense against you, just speaking my uneasy mind and watching.
Thank you! I'll do my best not to disappoint.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

manonthepath wrote:I think it is a mistake to entrust responsibility to one who demonstrates a clear lack of maturity. Such decisions may cause people to leave the forum.
Thank you for your openness and honesty, and for having the courage to put to paper something so many other forum members are probably thinking right now. Yes, cyberdemon is controversial and his forum rule could be seen as simply being a knee jerk reaction over being called out over his altar / portal thread, but this isn't completely true. Remember, Desecrated was warned over his lack of clear reasoning in his comments regarding other people's paradigms, and this caused other people to quit the forum as a result. If we had nipped the issue in the bud earlier, and had politely reminded Desecrated not to simply tell people that they were wrong, but to give examples as to why, then maybe an intelligent and experienced occultist might not have gotten temporarily banned and be on his last warning.

Remember please that cyberdemon took the time to try to create a rule and present it to the forum for consideration. An immature reaction would have been to directly insult through some form of ad homenim response. While I personally value your ability to offer such open and honest responses to other forum members questions, other people may take your comments to be a tad harsh from time to time, and may jump to defend themselves instead of taking the time to realise why you say what you say, and that you're simply trying to help.

Please also remember that the decision to make cyberdemon a moderator was arrived at by Vashta, Nahemah, and myself after careful deliberation. While he is only new here he has worked hard to suggest changes that he believes will help make this place better for everyone. He is not acting alone, he is part of a team, and any decisions he makes while on the forum will come from discussions with the rest of the forum staff. [thumbup]

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Yo, want to show some of insight of fresh blood here.

There is tense atmosphere on forum. Lots of trash treads and overall chaos in every corner of forum. But there is very nice community: You all have knowledge of some sort and many people are mature/know how to behave. At first I too wanted to help a little but thats just not my style and I don't have much time right now to go over all this. For me cyberdemon took upon his shoulders great responsibility and is working properly right now. I imagine he is great help for Clockwork Knight who wants to upgrade and change some things. I don't know why there were some sparks of anger but it is not my problem. As long as he tried to improve our forum I respect him cause he invested his time and work to do it. Some people may think it is just few posts to look over but I don't think it is easy as that.

Keep your energy over 8000 and have fun, work hard.
and praise the Sun [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Return to “Site Discussion”