Community Discussion: RaineAshford

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Community Discussion: RaineAshford

Post by RaineAshford »

Desecrated wrote:
RaineAshford wrote:I'm not being fooled by the demon invaders, they are my enemies and they killed La'Vey. His death in a car was no accident.
I'm googling around and trying to find some information.

"Anton LaVey died on October 29, 1997, in St. Mary's Medical Center in San Francisco of pulmonary edema."

Nothing about a car crash.
Can you provide some evidence or links of this?
"Security concerns led his daughter, Church of Satan High Priestess Karla LaVey, to demand "absolute secrecy from all who knew of LaVey's death and satanic funeral,"

They hid the cause of his death because they're cultists under demonic control.

They hacked wikipedia and had it hidden and cast mind control on people so they'd forget. It's the power of Satan hiding history.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

So lets recap:

We have Magari who hates the forum, everybody on it and its administration, being his usual hyprocritical self and doing nothing but stroking the thread into a shitstorm with his pointless one liners.

Raine turns it up to 11 because of perceived attacks when the conversation was meant to be moderate and balanced and shows that she is unable to remain level headed or take onboard any advice by people who actually give a shit.

Far too many well meaning and empathetic people believing there is no issue and that we shouldnt be concerned for the sanity of another witch on our board / community when its clear there is an issue. Anyone who looks at this objectively can see Raine is not trolling but requires assistance to lessen the white noise. The real issue is whether she can integrate with the community from this point onward.

The administrators should lock this thread, the approach was one with some merit and worth trying but it seems to have not worked as intended.

At the end of the day this community is here for enjoyment purposes as well as anything else, and honestly this is getting in the way of that.

Everyone, myself included, should take a timeout from this thread or its just going to become worse.

*EDIT* Just actually read your full contribution Cybernetic_Jazz, that is basically a much more thorough explanation of what I was mentioning with the person I referenced, and you expounded on it quite well. Thanks for that contribution.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

Well said Sypheara.

ulvfdfgtmk
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ulvfdfgtmk »

Sypheara wrote:Far too many well meaning and empathetic people believing their is no issue and that we shouldnt be concerned for the sanity of another witch on our board / community when its clear there is an issue.
In case you were refering to me, I never said that there is no issue. I just believed that this thread, even though it was intended to solve the issue, will make matters even worse.
Therefor I agree with what you said here:
Sypheara wrote:The administrators should lock this thread, the approach was one with some merit and worth trying but it seems to have not worked as intended.
Sypheara wrote:Everyone, myself included, should take a timeout from this thread or its just going to become worse.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

D, re-read the first 3 pages before u start talking about high horses.

And once again, we see truth as so offensive that it shouldn't be spoken. Not in my world, guys, sorry.

I hope that these posts will serve a purpose someday. That perhaps another witchlet or neophyte heading down the rabbit hole can pull themselves out before it gets to this point.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

ThyNegative wrote:Sam!
i am not going to join this discussion, but never, never tell anyone "you have mental health issues".
THAT'S EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE!!!.
worst offense ever! no matter what.
but of course if you want to offense someone, it's a great choice.
Shit, and I was going into counseling. Seems pointless now.
Beloved of Set

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

Fuck it, after this I may as well leave. Even Reddit would have banned him by now. This is ridiculous.
Beloved of Set

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I have locked the thread per my previous comment and because it has gotten completely off topic. I will be reviewing all the comments and provide warnings for posts that I feel are necessary. Reasons will be given and as always you can contact me for any questions about it. I will be providing some additional guidelines based on my observations here and I will add a few other things. I will post publicly my decision regarding Raine, with an explanation.

One thing I would like to say quickly is that I do bear the responsibility for creating this thread, but the community has been responsible for content of the thread. Some things were said well and done respectfully while others were not, or just completely off topic. I understand I created something that became could become a spectacle, but the spectacle was entirely of you guy's creation. I did purposely let things go until today because I said I would, and encouraged dialog, but I wanted to see if the community was capable not necessarily self-policing, but at least having some self-restraint in behavior. Some of you did a good job, some of you did a poor job.

I understand my power can set the tone and it is my job here to do so, but I am disappointed overall because I thought we was better than that, perhaps that was an over expectation of those on the internet, or maybe it was just humanity. Either way I will try to do a better job as a gardener to encourage a beautiful garden.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I understand that this thread was intended more as an intervention, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way in the end.

It's not ok to call out a member like this, I know you had the best intentions at heart in doing so but this isn't the way to resolve the issue. It's resulted in public shaming of a member, and that is not ok. I've removed this thread from announcements with immediate effect.

RaineAshford, we want you to participate in this forum but your behaviour is unacceptable, it needs to be addressed. It is not ok to call everyone magical plebs or idiots or anything else that's an attack on their character, no matter what they do. There are formal complaints registered since August, at which point you were issued a temporary ban, and your behaviour has not improved. This needs to be addressed. We do not allow members to insult other members, or to attempt to derail posts. If you continue, you will certainly be banned, and at that point I will wholeheartedly support the decision of the administration, however I do think that you should be given a chance to integrate, but you have to work with the community because if you continue to work against it we will have no choice but to take action.

Pretty much everyone on this thread could do with being reminded that there are protocols for dealing with unacceptable behaviour, and the correct response when you feel that someone has broken forum rules is to report their post. This leaves us with an auditable trail of reports to back up any administrative decisions.

Stukov, it was well-intentioned, but it's probably best to stick to the guidelines, it did turn into a bit of a witch-hunt. If a member won't follow the rules, issue warnings and bans, but don't hold a public enquiry. I see how you've handled the situation so far and for the most part you've done very admirably, good adherence to the rules and quality of enforcement, but this thread was definitely a mistake.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Vashta wrote:It's not ok to call out a member like this, I know you had the best intentions at heart in doing so but this isn't the way to resolve the issue. It's resulted in public shaming of a member, and that is not ok. I've removed this thread from announcements with immediate effect.
It was already removed from announcement since I first logged in today.
Stukov, it was well-intentioned, but it's probably best to stick to the guidelines, it did turn into a bit of a witch-hunt. If a member won't follow the rules, issue warnings and bans, but don't hold a public enquiry. I see how you've handled the situation so far and for the most part you've done very admirably, good adherence to the rules and quality of enforcement, but this thread was definitely a mistake.
Understood, I also responded to your post earlier in the Moderator Forum, do you wish to continue discussing here, or there?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Return to “Site Discussion”