Site Issues Ongoing

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Site Issues Ongoing

Post by Nahemah »

Hi folks.

We are experiencing some issues with the site.

Could members please let us know of any weirdness or unusual problems. Some of you may not be able to log in or post, but bear with us as we are working on the problems now.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Site Issues Ongoing

Post by isis.auset5 »

Hi!

I reported an issue to the support email because my account was marked as spammer.

Was it one of these cases? (Sorry, I didn't get an answer but today I tried and was able to log in as normal, so I was just wondering)

-Isis

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

I'm only having issues on my phone, which I find particularly odd since OF doesn't really have a mobile site and it should do the same as my laptop.

When I try to make a post from my phone and hit submit, it resets the page and deletes the post. Like the time out thing that happens when some of us write huge posts, but it doesn't matter how long I take to write the message. Any post I make on my phone essentially refuses to be posted when I hit submit.

Other than that, I haven't noticed any major weirdness. Beyond the usual, anyway. [razz]

~:Shin:~

Robin_Alexander
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Robin_Alexander »

I'm having trouble changing my password and such . . .

The site keeps telling me it'll send an email, but the email just never comes (same issue as when I tried to register, but couldn't due to the email not coming through). It's no big deal right now, especially as - after a crap-ton of attempts - I managed to work out what combination I needed, but . . . it could probably stop new members signing up, or old members from logging in.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it again.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I can't find any search button on the "written word" theme. Also in chrome, chromium and firefox the "advanced search" link is invisible until I mouse over it.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Btw I'm having the same problems as Shinichi.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

We need to get with it somehow on the mobile issues.

Vashta, as owner is the one who can ok this, if we can set the site up with phone connectivity. I am not sure why, but I think there was an issue with doing it before.

Please bear with us for the interim, but I do think we need to catch up with the 21st Century, at least a little.

Akimbomoss, I don't use that skin, as it doesn't work properly, but I'll look at it and see what's what with it for you.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

akimbomoss wrote:[...]Also in chrome, chromium and firefox in the classic skin the "advanced search" link is invisible until I mouse over it.
Sorry I need to correct what I said [blush] .

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Okies mate I'll check your permissions and account details etc. to check if I can see the problem there. I can see them, though advanced search is white and hard to see, admittedly and I also use chrome as my browser.

Anyone use the other browsers Akimbo mentioned, who can /can't see the search or anything else too?

We're working our way through things as we go, but you guys letting us know what's up is proving invaluable atm, thanks all.

We need some time for the mobile thing, but I'll flag Vashta and we'll get round the mod table soon to discuss it and work it out.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Nahemah wrote:Okies mate I'll check your permissions and account details etc. to check if I can see the problem there. I can see them, though advanced search is white and hard to see, admittedly and I also use chrome as my browser.

Anyone use the other browsers Akimbo mentioned, who can /can't see the search or anything else too?

We're working our way through things as we go, but you guys letting us know what's up is proving invaluable atm, thanks all.

We need some time for the mobile thing, but I'll flag Vashta and we'll get round the mod table soon to discuss it and work it out.
I use Firefox and until Akimbo mentioned it, I didn't even know there was an advanced search link........ so yes, I have the same problem.

-Isis

EDIT: Also, the same problem happens in Opera browser, which is basically sourced from Chrome.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

Well, I'm brand new, so this may be a me problem. I posted 2 times successfully. I wrote a third post, submitted it, it said your post has been submitted. Then when I looked back like an hour later it was gone- poof.

Also, a question- if this is the wrong place- apologies.

I have only belonged to one other internet forum- so I don't know what is or is not the norm. However, on the other forum it is set up so you get notifications when someone adds to a thread that you have posted on. You can also set it to notify you of new posts in threads you have favorited etc... Is there a similar system here that I have not yet discovered. I see the notifications for PM's. But haven't found anything else similar. BY THE WAY- this forum has a great setup- so I am NOT complaining, just trying to learn how to best utilize it.

"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

when I'm on phone I'm a spammer as well, according to this site. Laptops only

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Well there we go, I can't login from my phone again. Thank you very much for fixing nothing [stare]
Dear Stukov, would you be so kind and remove my credentials from your pambot filters, if that's not too much trouble for you?

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Cerber wrote:Well there we go, I can't login from my phone again. Thank you very much for fixing nothing [stare]
Dear Stukov, would you be so kind and remove my credentials from your pambot filters, if that's not too much trouble for you?
Huh?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Screenshot_2017-09-21-06-23-47.png
Are you able to fix this?
If not, can I fix it my self?
..and while I'm at it I might as well update your 10y old phpbb maybe. The world have moved on quite a bit [rolleyes] You probably won't believe it but forums these days are compatible with small hand-held screens, NASA scientists worked very hard to deliver us this space age technology

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Ok, it works again. Did you do anything?

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

I visualized it working for you , just for you Cerber
.......................... [wink] ........................

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:I visualized it working for you , just for you Cerber
.......................... [wink] ........................
Oh em gee, I knew I could rely on you in times of hardship, thanks a lot [thumbup]

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

cant seem to post videos
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Return to “Site Discussion”