Sometimes I can't see names?

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sometimes I can't see names?

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Hey all, quick question from a forum beginner here. Sometimes I can't see people's names on random threads. I'm not sure what replaces it. It could be described as squiggles to be the most accurate. It's not another language, i know that but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the forums are supposed to look like that. Every time I see it i expect to be logged out and not have the "permission" to see the names as if I were a guest, but I'm always still logged in. Thanks in advance.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Sometimes I can't see names?

Post by Nahemah »

Could be several things. If it's an archive thread, the original poster doesn't appear ' in the right place', but they are credited for authorship in their post. If it's the language under the Avatar, that's Malachim and it's a user title. Or it could be a problem I haven't seen yet, so can you link me to one of these threads if possible so I can check?
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hmmm I guess it's the Malachim. Is that sort of like a rank? newbie, less newbie, less less newbie, long time membeR?
Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member
Nahemah
Administrator
Administrator
When I try to copy past it it turns into english...

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yep, it's a rank thing, but it's more an affectation than anything else as we only have member, moderator, benefactor and admin titles, instead of post count related ones like you see on other forums.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh okay cool. Well I'm here for the information not the ego grooming so that's great. And I guess that could reduce the half assed posters only doing it for the title. I'm liking the site more and more

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

I was laughing and reading this post when I noticed the odd name thing happening. Here is the thread http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... is#p509983 . On page 7 at the very top it says

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

and it says that person posted a few times and it would seem that person is talking to themselves. Whats the deal with that?

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

That's the archive, it's listed that way as those threads are from the old Occult Forum.com site.

The OF forum was a treasure trove of valuable information and the owner here was given the opportunity to keep the archive when the original OF finally closed down. Vashta who is the site owner here, myself and various other members who are here now, are all old timers from the OF forum. The site itself couldn't be saved, but at least the material has been.

Threads pop up when the search feature is used or someone posts in them again for some reason and reactivates the topic, this is why the most recent posts in this thread have the avatar bar and titles active, while the older posts have the original poster title placed within the post itself.

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh okay great. Thanks, that really clears that up. I was confused or thought someone was a little crazy and was talking to themselves haha! Hey, to each their own.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Nahemah wrote:Could be several things. If it's an archive thread, the original poster doesn't appear ' in the right place', but they are credited for authorship in their post. If it's the language under the Avatar, that's Malachim and it's a user title. Or it could be a problem I haven't seen yet, so can you link me to one of these threads if possible so I can check?
It's actually in Thedan Script, not Malachim. Malachim is typically the language alphabet that you see angelic names written out in, which I've always found weird that their names are written in Malachim, yet it's always claimed that Enochian is the language of angels [crazy]
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Did I do it again?

Yeh, I did, lol. Oops, I've lost count of the times I've said the script is Malachim when it's actually Theban, there are several previous threads where I've done that too. [blush] [rolleyes]

My apologies.

Omniglot is good for explaining this and other scripts...

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/theban.htm

Return to “Site Discussion”