Resurrecting/bumping old topics

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Resurrecting/bumping old topics

Post by Oroboros »

I have seen forums where it is encouraged to resurrect old threads in order to continue to examine and discuss the topic of said thread. So there are not 50 threads on the same topic.

I have also seen forums where it is discouraged- the preference there being to focus on more current topics or start a new topic.

I was wondering if there are any similar unwritten rules here. I have read through the rules and guidelines and did not see this mentioned.

Thank you
"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Resurrecting/bumping old topics

Post by Desecrated »

Oroboros wrote:I have seen forums where it is encouraged to resurrect old threads in order to continue to examine and discuss the topic of said thread. So there are not 50 threads on the same topic.

I have also seen forums where it is discouraged- the preference there being to focus on more current topics or start a new topic.

I was wondering if there are any similar unwritten rules here. I have read through the rules and guidelines and did not see this mentioned.

Thank you
If you make a new thread there is usually more activity in that than bumping old threads. But there is no rule against bumping.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Resurrecting/bumping old topics

Post by Oroboros »

Thanks for clarifying that for me.
"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Return to “Site Discussion”