Adminstration

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Adminstration

Post by Stukov »

Few admins have been a way for a bit, just keep using the report feature on whatever you think needs my attention. I come and go based on the moderation queue.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Adminstration

Post by chowderpope »

Respectfully, it would be nice to have a moderator who is more active and involved with the community. With mods dropping in every blue moon to sporadically discipline rule breakers they happen to catch, it makes the scale of justice unbalanced. Plus, when you have mods that are not very active, they are basically like strangers to a good portion of the group. So when you drop in and start laying the smack down, it's like some strange person just entered the party and told you to turn the music down, then left. It's weird.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

The forum is barely active. Why do you need a moderator?
I'm quite comfortable with the way things are at the moment.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

chowderpope wrote:Respectfully, it would be nice to have a moderator who is more active and involved with the community. With mods dropping in every blue moon to sporadically discipline rule breakers they happen to catch, it makes the scale of justice unbalanced. Plus, when you have mods that are not very active, they are basically like strangers to a good portion of the group. So when you drop in and start laying the smack down, it's like some strange person just entered the party and told you to turn the music down, then left. It's weird.
I think you should apply to be considered as a Moderator.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:The forum is barely active. Why do you need a moderator?
I'm quite comfortable with the way things are at the moment.
This forum is very much active, it just operates on a slower level.
We desperately need an active moderator to keep all the trolls, false account, spam and other nonsense.
I am very uncomfortable with how the forum has looked the last weeks, the few conversations that have actually been serious have ben re-railed by the continued nonsense that has flowed from other threads.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote: ..the few conversations that have actually been serious have been de-railed by the continued nonsense that has flowed from other threads.
But that happened only once or twice and it always dies off fairly soon. You can restart the original "storyline" if it's important to you afterwards. And you never said anything, and if you don't express your disapproval means you approve it.. kind of [rolleyes]

p.s. I thought you need an admin to deal with fake accounts, banning and other complicated matters. Would be very a powerful moderator if he has access to all the admin areas and all the tools. I wouldn't mind somebody splitting threads when it's going too far in to the bushes every now and then, but I believe number of rules and supervisors should be kept to a minimum [rolleyes]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote: But that happened only once or twice and it always dies off fairly soon. You can restart the original "storyline" if it's important to you afterwards.
It would be better if it didn't happen at all. And it hasn't been once or twice, there has been 4-5 threads per day.
And you never said anything, and if you don't express your disapproval means you approve it.. kind of [rolleyes]
There is a reason why I'm not part of the moderator team. If I was, I would have kicked myself long time ago.
p.s. I thought you need an admin to deal with fake accounts, banning and other complicated matters. Would be very a powerful moderator if he has access to all the admin areas and all the tools. I wouldn't mind somebody splitting threads when it's going too far in to the bushes every now and then, but I believe number of rules and supervisors should be kept to a minimum [rolleyes]
This site needs both an admin and an moderator to be honest.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

For a chaos magicians you guys have surprisingly strong craving for order and rules.. I still prefer more freedom with all of its dangers and challenges

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:For a chaos magicians you guys have surprisingly strong craving for order and rules.. I still prefer more freedom with all of its dangers and challenges
I'm not a chaos magician.

"Freedom is a tool for adults, Not a plaything for children".
I would prefer more freedom, but I don't see it working on this forum.
We attract too many weirdos.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

We have a group of people who rotate based on life being busy to handle moderation and administration. And I do not see an issue being more of a lurker than the poster I used to be long ago.

As I said in my statement above, use the report function to draw my attention where you think it needs to be.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Okay sounds good Stukov. We will activate the bat signal if needed.

Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

I have a little more freedom in my schedule than before and happy to moderate again if/as needed.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Forum's active. I mean, I've been summoned by initiates. Ugh, I'm going back to sleep. Ya'll have a good time, now.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Return to “Site Discussion”