Posting one sentence threads

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Posting one sentence threads

Post by inMalkuth »

While I can understand the need to curtail those that would post innumerable threads that only contain one concise expressive thought, I feel that this is actually an unfair thing. What is the difference between posting one thought, or one paragraph arguing one thought? What is the difference between posting one sentence that provides a link to an outside reference and a thread that is trying to start a conversation?

I think people need to try and have a conversation than get in a tizzy about someone making statements. For all you may know, the statement is actually very thought provoking, but people would rather get their ego feathers ruffled by someone declaring something for the sake of a discussion than to do any real effort in understanding what this premise is even illuminating.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Posting one sentence threads

Post by chowderpope »

Posting one-liners that are barely thought out, not helpful, and only interesting to yourself, is spamming. You shouldn't be allowed to keep spamming new threads just because you think every other stray thought that crosses your mind is a game changer.

You said something nonsensical about the biggest cause of suffering today being a lack of respect for the community, and I think that's your whole problem here. You have no respect for this community and think you can litter your trash all over it because you seem to think of yourself as some kind of special person, some enlightened genius. You really have painted yourself to be quite the special person, though not in the way you might like to imagine.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

inMalkuth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by inMalkuth »

Right well, you sort of remind me of the mom at the yard sale I was at today who, in front of her whole family and a gathering of strangers, yelled at and insulted her daughter for talking too much. Way to go mom.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

If you were my daughter I'd have made you get a job and move out of the basement by now.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I've made my statement that one sentence posts are not constructive for the community, either put forth more effort to make a detailed post, or go make a blog. This thread is going to be locked because it will only get worse from here.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Return to “Site Discussion”