you preview post button is broken....

Posting Issues, Announcements and Membership Matters.

chasespades
Forum Member
Forum Member

you preview post button is broken....

Post by chasespades »

Hi im new here, i was going to make the first post in the introduction section, saying hi and asking for help and info on a particular situation Im dealing. I spent over an hour typing it and after finally completing it, i clicked the preview post button to make sure i had set it up in a reasonably tolerable format instead of a wall of text (since it was quite alot of information) only to be greeted by an entirely fresh empty white box.

i originally intended to scream every expletive and foul word known to man at the admins of this site, i wouldnt mean a word of it, but dammit that was alot of work that got erased, so please look into that, before someone else has to deal with it.

Im gonna go and try to retype the post considering i do need a little help with my situation, ill be sure to avoid the preview button...

Cerber

Re: you preview post button is broken....

Post by Cerber »

If you type long post, neither preview not posting will work, you just get disconnected, timed out. You have to save it before posting or preview if you take more than 5 - 10 minutes to type. Or click preview every 5 minutes during your work to keep your connection alive.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Now you tell me , ( and him ) Cerber...sheesh...

If I had known *that* it would have saved me a *lot* of trouble...

I kept asking...no one gave me *that* answer... [cry2] ... [lol] ... [thumbup] ... bows down... [pray]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Now you tell me , ( and him ) Cerber...sheesh...

If I had known *that* it would have saved me a *lot* of trouble...

I kept asking...no one gave me *that* answer... [cry2] ... [lol] ... [thumbup] ... bows down... [pray]
I thought I (or someone else) did. Anyway, we all experienced that inconvenience at least once. Been there my self [grin]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

But I agree, if this forum would be run by engineers and not phylosophers and magicians, there would warning message obove somewhere when you type that you are about to time out and should save your work or post it /preview it, at the very least, but other options might be too complicated

Return to “Site Discussion”