Is anyone achieving "practical" results from divination?

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is anyone achieving "practical" results from divination?

Post by Shinichi »

Nahemah wrote:Ah. My advice?

Let go. Freeform, relax. Lose the ceremonial and connect to the emotional, you are a sharp magickian, but caught up in the form and the function. Let it ride, breathe and have some fun with it.

Takes time, but it's fun. [geek2]
Oh, I go with the flow plenty, but I'm still a human with human emotions and my own personality. [razz]
landing wrote:This is what troubles me, too, i m studying occult for helping saving the people i care and love.... but most of them wont listen anything, they go their own direction even if their gut feeling tells its wrong, and i m not powerful enough to influence them in a deeper level.
so, maybe finally what we need to learn is to TRUST in the LOVE OF UNIVERSE?
universe loves everyone in a long term plan......?
Heaven is ruthless, and Cosmic Love isn't necessarily any more prevalent than Cosmic Wrath or any other cosmic thing. The Universe is The All, after all. Your life is your own responsibility, and the lives of your loved ones are their own responsibility. You cannot save someone from themselves, and you cannot force someone to see wisdom.

If you are going to walk the path of The Mysteries, the two more important things you need are a stable heart and strong mental fortitude. The immaturity and foolishness of the people you care about isn't even close to being the worst thing you will face on The Path.

~:Shin:~

landing
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by landing »

Shinichi wrote:

Heaven is ruthless, and Cosmic Love isn't necessarily any more prevalent than Cosmic Wrath or any other cosmic thing. The Universe is The All, after all. Your life is your own responsibility, and the lives of your loved ones are their own responsibility. You cannot save someone from themselves, and you cannot force someone to see wisdom.

~:Shin:~
The universe is the All, yes, but i don't feel Heaven is ruthless.
I v experienced the worst shit in my life,still not totally ending.....but i feel the universe core is LOVE.
am I crazy minded?

and yes, i have to be responsible for my own, but i can same time save or help the others too if i m powerful....
the All the society etc is a collective consciousness. we r all connected.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jastiv »

I used to worry about fate and stuff like that. Now I no longer worry about it, or that I won't be able to influence loved ones, hated ones or just others around me. That is as a result of a certain initiation.

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

Sometimes. I've had some really spot-on single draws from my tarot deck, and other times what comes out seems like gibberish. I seem to draw the 9 of swords more often than any other card. There have been spreads I've done that were also very strong, and others that seemed like noise. Having concentration and determination beforehand is important. And if the question isn't very clear, the answer might not be either. All of this gets better with practice.

Omnicentrik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Omnicentrik »

This is what troubles me, too, i m studying occult for helping saving the people i care and love.... but most of them wont listen anything, they go their own direction even if their gut feeling tells its wrong, and i m not powerful enough to influence them in a deeper level.
so, maybe finally what we need to learn is to TRUST in the LOVE OF UNIVERSE?
The way the latter is done in my experience is to embody that LOVE. Otherwise, the universe is a mixed bag we need to navigate in terms of how events flow through our lives, us and others. So get powerful enough to lovingly (or at least empathically) influence rather than callously control as many appear to do or want to do in this world. Look, you don't have to be an occultist to have a strong will to influence psychically, and often influences are collective in nature or under forces of occultists with power and complete lack of heart. Control happens all the time, and even if your control is to negate that of those without heart, it is worth it to strive for that in my view- if you want to sustain those you love.

Rather than controlling them, you can learn to control the forces around them and help them navigate their world. To do that you need to master at least a modicum of influence at a deeper level, and an understanding of ambient influences as well as those from the core of the people you are protecting. Look, that kind of empowerment demands commitment and a certain drive. Over the years, I have learned to keep silent more and act on my convictions even more than that.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I have at times had people come to me seeking divination of their concerns.
I'm not very good at divination.
I'm actually much better at getting into peoples' heads. So I do that instead.

But the interesting coincidence here ...is that the answers to peoples' concerns are almost always inside their own mind, just not in a place in their mind which they are prepared to listen to, or emotionally objective enough to listen to.
I'm trying to think of an example where this was not the case, and I can't think of a single example.

This has interesting implications for trying to divine for myself the answers to questions in my own life.

Hearing truth is one thing, accepting it or acting on it is quite another though. Perhaps in some ways the art of divination is to sugar coat the truth.

Oh, and on the general topic of divination, I'm a huge fan of a static screen on an old cathode ray tube television. Not a fake video of static, but real time live static from a CRT TV. I find that if you stare at it, and unfocus your eyes, you will start to see 3 dimensional forms in the static. Much like those old "3D posters" they used to sell in malls. Except on the static screen, the forms are shifting and moving, polymorphic. It's an incredible avenue for visually inspecting things which enter your mind on a pre-conscious level.

Cerber
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 pm ...
Oh, and on the general topic of divination, I'm a huge fan of a static screen on an old cathode ray tube television. Not a fake video of static, but real time live static from a CRT TV. I find that if you stare at it, and unfocus your eyes, you will start to see 3 dimensional forms in the static. Much like those old "3D posters" they used to sell in malls. Except on the static screen, the forms are shifting and moving, polymorphic. It's an incredible avenue for visually inspecting things which enter your mind on a pre-conscious level.
On that side note. Did you know, you don't even actually need a TV set for that? If you practice meditation, a little more intense forms of it, than the general mainstream wave, there are "levels of the mind" in which you can not just receive, but visually perceive pretty much same "white noise" by your actual visual cortex (not a "minds eye"), with closed eyes in complete darkness (preferably while not necessarily). Just a random fun fact from the book of "Little known curiosities of human machinery".

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I used to use the I Ching. Once I asked it about some stock market shares in a raider. I Ching said: he loses all his followers.

I took followers to mean dollars so sold all the shares. A couple of months later the shares were pretty much worthless.

These days I prefer to use more sentient means. For example if needing to make an important decision, I make it then project a couple of months down that time path to see if I am still happy with that decision.

That works pretty well for me.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:42 pm
Kath wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 pm ...
On that side note. Did you know, you don't even actually need a TV set for that? If you practice meditation, a little more intense forms of it, than the general mainstream wave, there are "levels of the mind" in which you can not just receive, but visually perceive pretty much same "white noise" by your actual visual cortex (not a "minds eye"), with closed eyes in complete darkness (preferably while not necessarily). Just a random fun fact from the book of "Little known curiosities of human machinery".
I've seen that "color static" since my earliest childhood memories. I was always fascinated by it. At some point I decided to call it "retinal static", although there is a term for it which currently escapes me (it's early morning and I'm not caffeinated yet hehe). I see it all of the time, I just usually mentally filter it out, but it's ever present. Although I usually only pay attention to it when my eyes or closed, in the dark, or I am looking at a field of view which is all the same color & value. This is possibly the early underpinnings of my thinking that 'the void' is a mirror into the self.

It is somewhat easier though, I think, to see 3-D shapes emerge and change in TV static. Perhaps just because it is more opaque.

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”