Non-Tarot Divination Cards

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Non-Tarot Divination Cards

Post by dRider »

Anybody here tried divination with playing cards? It works, of course, considering it's not the cards that hold the power in the first place, and it doesn't require a specialized $40 deck. There even seems to be meanings for the four suits. Playing cards today probably originated from the same decks that the first Raider-Waite Smith Tarot decks came from, which as far as I know were the first official Tarot divination cards, so the suits probably come from them too. But it seems as though they mean:

Spades - work, effort, spell materials
Clubs - intellect, education, nature, structure or structures
Diamonds - wealth, resources, reward, materials (maybe for a spell, all depends on how it reads)
Hearts - love, humans, health

Does anybody else have any experience here or anything to mention?

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Non-Tarot Divination Cards

Post by cactusjack543 »

i prefer short reading as a star pattern of cards or perhaps sigals if i make them in the future i prefer left to right where my true reading the top is the future and bottom the past where the guidence is left from right. however i can tell futures from most anything i really enjoy using ashes from peoples cigarettes

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

i did a very strange reading on someone just know hoping to reach my cards reality to be a fixeruper within witchcraft

these cards have no spades or heart but roman numerial

this person has a form of control with all witchcraft

in the past it has been decided for the witchcraft realm to trust the satanics in securing witchcraft history but they drastically fail they hover in hells gates powerful traders but no protection its the white witch with regious guarantees that secures at a great cost mother natures agreements with witches. where all suffer at the hands of the ones they tamed some of tremedious power to me it sounds like the binding spell cure has been found.

in the old days witches recived offering from clouds upon the history of witchcraft bieng currently ignored and denied.

brave are we wutches holding the four winds clouds wind birds at our beck and call the one true favored card. the dark forces within witchcraft grow anger at past deals and offerings that have been made so they carry the flag of war. the lands quiver at the sight of the flag. witchcraft itself holds currently the offerings of the challace in hope the dove fills it one day the frogs fall upon it. the collectors for times of wars is busy collecting but no where is secure the bounries are crossed lawl no future wars. the ones that create gaze upon the ritual offering sent forth to it and also currently carries the flag of war.

the future looks bright for the most part other then securing the queen securing witchcraft holdings. a king stands proad with blessing from far and wide with challengers he smites them down. the gathers start to gather and dance while the queen cries from her dreams of the forbidden wars of treasures kept for the witchcraft realm. lawl appears with witchcraft a loud cry sacrifes are petty we arent making wise choices way to much revengee.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Back to the original question, yes - I have used playing cards as Tarot, with mixed results. The loss of the major arcana means that the readings will never be as precise, but it is still manageable if you assume that the picture cards within the suits correspond in some way to actual people in the persons life, if you get my meaning.

This bastardises the original system, and I wouldnt do any readings for anything important with them, but at a pinch they suffice.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

I just don't like how they try to give defined meanings for each card, as if it means this every time. I think it means what the user feels it should mean, like reading the clouds or something else that's directly tied to intuition (as opposed to being the intuition on what the card manufacturer says it means). Loss of major arcana would be less of a reading, but only if you go by the old systems of reading, the ones based on having those extra cards.

I have found that if the first in a three spread is predetermined to represent a problem or hinderance in my life, then the second should be where the "problem" comes from (blockage in a chakra, etc). Then the third might suggest a solution or balancing. This system works rather well for playing cards.

dusieqq
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dusieqq »

Hello im very greenie to everything in divination but i found that my phorpecies are quite accurate as im using non tarot cards, clasical ones to divine, i feel very comfy when im holding my cards, shifting em and doing all sort of things that comes with physical contact with cards, sometimes i feel like they don't like to lie in their pocket so i usually just throw em on my table letting em to sunbathe copule of hours...
Im writing this post because i want to know how you divine from it? My fav is cross shaped divination but as i heard from friend it's very bad to use it because christian cross comes with binding, unindependence and other sort of bad things in meaning so i've started to look out for another ways to describe...
Wierd thing that happend to me about cards when i wanted to phorpet close future of mine friend i decided, hmm lets see what cards will bring if ill just shuffle them untill six cards wont fell off or swap their position against other, then i shuffled that choosen six and let em tell me what will be and strange thing, as i was telling her what was the result she was "everything just happens now, some of the things happend earlier but most of happens now or starts to happen" Then I was like wow, what the hell, you know i just picked cards toooootally random there is no way it was the chant of luck i bet, so then i found out that i might have potential in divination and now what comes to my mind is...
Even if i have this classic deck, if i buy tarot deck then will those classics not be mad at me that ive changed them for new "better" ones? So for now im letting the time to flow and my only cards are those for now.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Hi Everybody!

I cannot vouch for the website, or the blog, but when I read the original post at the top, this was the deck I though of immediately, and the following article is where the Googlebeast pointed me.
My late Granny actually used something similar in the way-back and I once had her deck, but if I recall my Ex got her claws on them and that was it... [rolleyes]

http://occultview.com/2009/07/13/gypsy- ... ing-cards/

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”