Resetting your tarot deck

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Resetting your tarot deck

Post by Muloc7253 »

How often do you do it? I've been resetting/reordering (as in put them all back into the order they come in) after ever reading but feel this is wasting time, I might start doing it once a month or something.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Resetting your tarot deck

Post by TheSeeker »

I used to do this with my runes, but they'd never stay in the right order after I put them back in their bag... [rolleyes]

No disrespect intended, but why would you bother doing that? Seems a wee OCD to me. [smile2]

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Mostly because when I started with the tarot I'd only use them a few times a week, and it wasn't that much of a bother then, now I use them much more but its become habit and "feels right".

Anyway, I've compromised. I'm not gonna reset after every use but will always place The Fool on top (representing the beginning of the journey) and the Universe on the bottom before shuffling (even if the minor arcana are involved). This takes a lot less effort and still "feels right".
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Moth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Moth »

"I'm having trouble with my Tarot deck"

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

:D
"The world is made of many pages
And every page contains a world
We flicker through them in the daytime
But in the night become unfurled."

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Moth wrote:"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
I wish there was a "Like" button on this page... [grin2]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

used to do this with my runes, but they'd never stay in the right order after I put them back in their bag... [rolleyes]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

"I'm having trouble with my Tarot deck"

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Dang,got there before me...You guys! Proper cards,both o' yeez. [crazy]

Muloc,it's purely down to comfort and personal preference.I know folk who only store their cards wrapped in silk.,in a box on a high shelf and others who can never find their deck,but 'are pretty sure they're lying round here,somewhere'...

I keep mine in a black velvet,beaded glove I found stuck in a hedge,on my merry and wending way home smashed,after a glorious night on the tiles.It was an awesome 'lucky' find.Happy recollections every time I look at it,lol.But seriously. [thumbup]

I sewed up the fingers to make a bag of it and guess what? Fits em like a glove!.....[groan]

I wore the glove for a week before I set it to it's new task.I 'm a bit gothic in my outlook and dress sense,so no,it didn't look that out of place,in case anybody wonders,lol.Got my 'hamr' [special kind of luckiness] all over it.

Could be a new thread idea in here? How do you store your cards/tools.It might be interesting/insightful, to find out what different folks do.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Patrikevna
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Patrikevna »

I reset my deck sometimes, when a desire appears.It does not happen often.
But I "close" my deck (if I dont forget [wink] ). I choose two cards - sometimes, by chance, some times I choose cards to "programm" events i need, most often I take Sun and High Priestess. And I lay them face down - one card on top of a deck, another - at the bottom.
I am Wonderphrenic

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”