How to start

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to start

Post by isis.auset5 »

Hello!

I finally got my first deck of Tarot cards - seriously, the mailman came by minutes ago - and it's Crowley's Thoth deck. I know many of you will probably say it's not a good deck to start with, but it was honestly the one that enticed me the most.

My question is: what now? I have Crowley's 'Book of Thoth', a few websites bookmarked, 'Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom' by Rachel Pollack ... Other than that, what else do you advise me?

Thank you!

Frater_NT

Re: How to start

Post by Frater_NT »

Another good book for you to read is Understanding Crowley's Thoth Tarot by LMD. You are right in that the Thoth deck is an advanced deck that isn't usually recommended to beginners. I would like to add, if the Thoth deck is the one that you felt drawn to, it might be a good idea to read other Crowley books as well, especially Liber Al. His deck ties into a whole system called Thelema so there is a ton of material out there to explore.

isis.auset5
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by isis.auset5 »

Thank you, I'll be sure to do that. I am honestly interested in Crowley's work, but I haven't had much time to look into it until now because of university.

valentinesummers20
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by valentinesummers20 »

I have purchased my first Tarot Deck (Fantastical Creatures) about a year ago and I simply felt lost and I kept thinking I started with the wrong deck. From my little experience, if you connected to them simply work with them, it took a while for me to connect with my cards but just recently I have.

Read books but also connect to them yourself, make your own interpretations and stories to the cards, make them your own if you know what i mean :)

Good luck!

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”