In Divination, where does the information come from?

Tristran
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: In Divination, where does the information come from?

Post by Tristran »

A knowledge base that only spirits have access to. Spirits relay information concerning future events that are heading our way via ink bowl, black mirror, cards, numerology etc

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

What spirits are involved in the tarot, then? What spirits are involved in the I Ching? Do you not believe that man himself is a spirit or a multiple of spirits and can he not also access this knowledge base?

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

The great angel Hru - at least if you take the GD's answer to that seriously. :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Yes in GD tradition you one should summon HRU for proper divination.

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... lit=+tarot

This topic may be interesting for you.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

The brain.

Tristran
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tristran »

Desecrated wrote:The brain.
Valid answer if host body is possessed by another entity that has access to the spiritual world.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Tristran wrote:A knowledge base that only spirits have access to. Spirits relay information concerning future events that are heading our way via ink bowl, black mirror, cards, numerology etc
I do my own tarot reading online by picking cards that 'speak to me', and I am quite accurate. They say it works on the basis of 'Law of Attraction'. Of course, I follow certain rules to assure accuracy. I clear my head, connect with my Higher Self, ground myself and surround myself with a white shield in shimmering purple. I always go with the first reading and don't get another one for the same situation unless there are some significant changes in the situation. For people who are not psychic, clairvoyant and the likes our knowledge of the meanings, reasoning and intuition are the best guides while doing divination that does not require help from the spirits. There also cases where people uses spirit guides in these methods, sometimes maybe involuntarily but that is not always the case.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

This is very dependent on the situation and the method.

When using the Tarot, it's possible that it all comes from the subconscious. We really can't know for sure. Some traditions might say that there are forces who work through the cards. I don't know about this.

When you're working with spiritual entities, that's obviously where the information comes from. (This could also be the subconscious, but that gets into arguments about the origins of these entities.)

We also have access to the collective unconscious, which, contrary to what Tristan says, is accessible to everyone. The Akashic records, as well as the other various names to describe it, all speak of the same thing, which is the universal pool of information.

Most of the newer "traditions" or "paths" would say that all divination comes from the brain. To a certain extent, this is probably true. However, some level of information can exist outside of you, and it's still pretty debated where and what this information is.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Napoli »

Haelos wrote:We also have access to the collective unconscious, which, contrary to what Tristan says, is accessible to everyone. The Akashic records, as well as the other various names to describe it, all speak of the same thing, which is the universal pool of information.
Before I started practising magic I used to hear that all divination methods are powered by spirits whose main intention is to mislead us. This superstition is one of the biggest reasons many orthodox religion asks its followers to stay away from these things. When I did get rid of such thoughts I realised that these religious authorities are so ignorant of the vast potential of humankind, who is also a part of the collective conscious mind of the universe.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Tristran
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tristran »

Haelos wrote:We also have access to the collective unconscious, which, contrary to what Tristan says, is accessible to everyone. The Akashic records, as well as the other various names to describe it, all speak of the same thing, which is the universal pool of information.
If you are correct then can i ask you to obtain information about how Numerology + Sacred Geometry + Sound (frequency) equals Levitation + Divination.

Apparently this is how UFO's fly, so if the information is universal and free then why are angels reluctant in giving out this free information ?

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá àse

I guess we should see in which point of view we're standing on.

As occultists, esoterists, magicians and initiates, we can say that the information brought to us through tarot (and most mancies and oracles) comes from the Astral Light (Aether, Akasha, Astral LVX, Nous, Psychic plane, Espiritual realms, etc). The information is "printed" in different levels of the psychic world and through symbols, trances, and many other methods we get it. That would be a simple, esoteric, explanation.

BUT, if we go in a little more "mystic" point of view, we can say that there are angels, spiritual masters, guides, adepts, etc, that help us delivering that information to us.

AND from a much more religeous point of view, we have deities and ancestors talking through the oracles.

You might ask, why would you need to study tarot meanings and symbolism if there are a bunch of spirits, from our blood line or from our spiritual initiatory lineage, that "tell us" the things we need? I can answer that and hope its useful.

We all know that The Empress means in mundane divination prosperity, fertility, a mistress, etc etc etc. Have you notice that sometimes a tarot card that is so obvious suddenly it has a deeper meaning, that comes from nowhere? You look a the card and not only see and understand the profound symbolic meanings, but also SEE and HEAR and you begin to TALK like its the card telling you A LOT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION of the consultant? Well, as esoterists and occultist we'd say that you just "clicked" with some information in the astral light, that you aligned yourself with that higher source and started to channel it. For a myistic would be that his guiding spirits and guardian angel gave that specific information; and for the witch, shaman, priest would be his gods and ancestors talking and showing the things needed.

If you ask a cuban santero he or she would tell you that it's his/her "muertos" (dead ones, egun, ancestors) talking. For them tarot and spanish card reading is an ancestor oracle. For others it's a more "angelic" oracle. For me, it's all the above.

We have, as humans, a complex and complete spiritual frame (cuadro espiritual) formed by angels, elders of our tradition, blood line ancestry, elemental spirits, etc etc etc. So I think, we have all that to work and develop ourselves with. So, I think all of the above is the answer.

NOW, we go to specific divination methods, oracles and mancies... In merindiloggun talks Esu for Ifa and all the Orisa, in I ching are geomantic forces, and so on. Depends on the method and cult behind it.

As for the akashic records, are in a most high place, Devachan, and to get there without proper initiation, you might have a glimpse of it in the higher astral. From the most basic or low astral you get info distorted and just "mundane" information. Low psychism. Akashic records would be High psychism.

Saravá
Idansinají

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

@ WillowDarkWytch - that's such an awesome and comprehensive summary of all the different ideas around this [smile]
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

tripkos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by tripkos »

Napoli wrote:Before I started practising magic I used to hear that all divination methods are powered by spirits whose main intention is to mislead us.
This is because, we have a hard time controlling our emotions. That's why most religions emphasize cultivating a pure heart. We project our own fears, hopes and what not (spirits for that matter) onto the astral matrix. I myself also have this problem now and then, and it's really hard for me to distinguish some projections from the truth. If i do some astral projection (not the full blown version) then sometimes i encounter nasties, which are my own perception of the theme i need to clarify.
YORKO MALENO ZINJOYO NURFELDO GARSTAFANO FANO FAAANO FAAAAANO - neriël yukti

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

No difference between saying spirits and human brain

Brain is telephone receiver for spirits

Spirits and subconsciousness are same

Subconsciousness is supernatural

Supernatural resides within the human body

Spirits only mislead personality types with weak intuition

So that is true for some people

They should lead from physical perception

Some people have to lead with intuition to be healthy though

mindsword
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mindsword »

I think it depends on which system you are using, and what intentions or otherwise the maker(s) put into it and things affecting your life at that particular moment, also the subconscious. Like different ones for i-ching, tarot, some handpicked bones blessed by a hatian priest, your homemade spaghetti length system etc etc...

Harr harr.......

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”