Anyone want to Flex Their Divination Muscles?

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Anyone want to Flex Their Divination Muscles?

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Hey all! So I just remembered the time I had my first Tarot card reading a few months ago. Now I don't want to sound like I'm judging my friend but she had only been doing cards for like a week before she did my reading. What it told me (or what I gleaned from the cards and looking in the little book that came with them) was that very positive things that I already knew about. I have a bright future, my personality will help me destroy obstacles in the near future, my positive attitude will push me to great heights. The thing is, I was excited about the reading and wanted to do more research about what the card meanings meant. Unfortunately, that task was waaaaay out of my abilities to wade through the metric ton of bullshit the internet has about Tarot card readings, so I gave up.
Now I come to you, oh masters of divination and humbly ask if you could assist me in a re-reading of sorts, because I have pictures!
I don't know if this is along the lines of spell begging, but examples always help me learn things, and I have heard about the awesome divinations on this forum so I thought I'd give it a shot. Also, I remember there wasn't a specific question, so I guess this was a "general reading".
Thanks all
Attachments
here
here

Seabed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Anyone want to Flex Their Divination Muscles?

Post by Seabed »

I must say that I'm not familiar with that tarot spread. Do Celtic cross spread (find on the Internet, it's quite common). It's good for general reading and I will do a reading for you.
Only Lovers Left Alive

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

"This is where things get interesting! Many Tarot readers first learn to read Tarot by interpreting each card. But it’s when we look at the dynamics between the Tarot cards and get into the story of the Tarot reading that the magic happens!"
I copy pasted this from a guide on how to read celtic cross readings. I can look up each card and what they mean (Idid that with my friend who gave me the reading at the time) but what I'm failing to ascertain is how they interact with each other? I feel as though this is a little too subjective for me to get a true reading and instead fool myself by seeing what I want to see.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

You learn how to read the relationship between the cards by understanding the spread that you are using. If you get a Death card for your Future, then you know you're going to go through some changes - why you are going to go through those changes will be in the cards that represent your Present, Past, and the other cards that lead up to the Future. Understanding the nuances of those cards, and how they build up to influence the Future, may even tell you exactly what changes you will go through - presuming you are self-aware enough, or aware of your own life enough, to understand the forces that are moving around you.

But I can't comment on your reading, because I don't recognize the spread in your picture either. I don't know what card represents what, so I can't tell you how they relate. Plus, Tarot isn't my forte anyway. [tongue]

If you want to play around with Tarot readings, I recommend Facade. I've gotten some interesting readings off this site.

~:Shin:~

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Okay thanks Shin. I would eventually like to learn to read tarot cards; divination seems like an invaluable skill. As soon as I have less on my plate I will look into card sets and meanings, but I'll check out that site!

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”