Free Tarot Readings

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Free Tarot Readings

Post by chowderpope »

Since I want to get some experience doing readings for others, I'm taking a cue from Desecrated and offering tarot readings to anyone with a question. I typically use a three card spread to be interpreted in whatever way the cards decide to speak. I'll provide the divinatory interpretations for each card from Liber T and a photograph of the spread.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Free Tarot Readings

Post by Ušušur »

I also like doing three cars spreads, mostly - what will happen this week in this and that area. Results are very satisfying.

So! My questions for you is:

Should I move outside the city this fall?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Ušušur wrote:
Should I move outside the city this fall?
tarot1.png
Ace of Swords / Ten of Wands / Two of Wands

Ace of Swords: Root of the Powers of Air. Great power for good or evil (invoked rather than natural). Intellect at its best and finest, as a tool for use. Conquest, activity, and strength during trouble. Justice , wrath, punishment, affliction.

10 of Wands: Oppression. Inertia impedes progress. Overbearing resistance. Cruelty, malice, tyranny. Perseverance, endurance, effort. Materialism, possessiveness.

2 of Wands: Dominion. Creative Will. Sudden application of phenomenal energy. Willful, imperial, independent. Strength, courage, fierceness; unyielding, restless, impatient.

I think only you will be able to interpret this within the context of your particular situation, but what I'm getting is there's an oppressive force in your life that will take strength and courage to leave behind. Let me know if that resonates or if I'm way off.

BTW, I realize that's a yes or no question, and the answer was not yes or no. I personally don't think the tarot is well suited to give straight answers like that.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

The moment I posted the question I left home and I thought to myself it shouldn't be 'yes' or 'no' but rather 'what will happen if'. So I agree with you on that one.

However, your reading is quite correct. All separate cards are really on-point, but what I think is really important (and hard to achieve) in tarot is to figure out the relations between the cards... it's sort of a trap because there's always a tendency to start building some kind of narrative.

I'd interpret, in this particular case: first one is what one needs to do, second one is the obstacle, third one is the result if the obstacle is conquered. Perhaps too arbitrary? But it makes sense to me.

gj [gz]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Ušušur wrote:The moment I posted the question I left home and I thought to myself it shouldn't be 'yes' or 'no' but rather 'what will happen if'. So I agree with you on that one.

However, your reading is quite correct. All separate cards are really on-point, but what I think is really important (and hard to achieve) in tarot is to figure out the relations between the cards... it's sort of a trap because there's always a tendency to start building some kind of narrative.

I'd interpret, in this particular case: first one is what one needs to do, second one is the obstacle, third one is the result if the obstacle is conquered. Perhaps too arbitrary? But it makes sense to me.

gj [gz]
I mean, I don't mind yes or no questions because even then you can get answers that shed a new light on your question.

Isn't finding the relations between cards a way of building the narrative? I see those as the same. I think when you find the relationship between cards, it suggests a narrative by itself. Maybe I'm not really understanding what you mean though.

I considered your interpretation as well actually. I thought, well maybe he will leave the city, have some obstacle, but the third card in this spread confused me about that. I didn't understand how the outcome would be since it was the two of wands. On second thought it's making more sense though. Dominion, willful, independent, courageous, that all makes total sense when considered as the outcome of leaving the city.

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

It's my English, so I'm not properly expressing myself.

When I say 'building the narrative', what I mean to say is that we as humans tend to add things in order to create more sense of two or more semi-causal pieces of something. Basically, you add one thing, another thing, and it's hard to say when it's really the connection you intuitively felt, and when it becomes something what your imagination is projecting. Those two are, I believe, two very separate things, so that's why I'm careful when it comes to correlations in tarot.

Say you do a standard celtic cross spread. If you're at least somewhat imaginative, it's not that hard to make a story of a journey of a Querent though all stages even though you maybe - theoretically - didn't actually felt all that, you 'just' used your imagination based on images, and if you're a good storyteller, it just might sound very plausible. And at the same time, it could have nothing to do with the actual divination. It's extreme, but quite possible.

I mean all this is nuanced quite a bit, my point is that making a connection between two tarot cards should really feel natural to the reader, not adding your own stuff so could complete the whole picture. I guess the phrase 'building the narrative' isn't inherently wrong, maybe I should've said 'adding things that aren't there in order to make everything more meaningful'.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Ušušur wrote: I mean all this is nuanced quite a bit, my point is that making a connection between two tarot cards should really feel natural to the reader, not adding your own stuff so could complete the whole picture. I guess the phrase 'building the narrative' isn't inherently wrong, maybe I should've said 'adding things that aren't there in order to make everything more meaningful'.
Do you think I made that mistake in my interpretation? You can be honest, the whole reason I'm doing this is to practice and discuss with people.

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

No, I don't think you did at all. You were precise, short, without adding more arbitrary stuff. It's good! [thumbup]

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Thanks. Yeah, I have noticed some professional tarot readers will get into very specific details. Like "You will marry a girl with red hair." How the hell did you know that by looking at the cards? If you're that psychic, why use the cards anyway? I think a lot of people give tarot and divination a bad name.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

If you want some further practice you can do me, but only if you include reversals (with the cards being upside down and what not).
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Stukov wrote:If you want some further practice you can do me, but only if you include reversals (with the cards being upside down and what not).
Ok let's go. Do you have a question?

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

chowderpope wrote:
Stukov wrote:If you want some further practice you can do me, but only if you include reversals (with the cards being upside down and what not).
Actually no.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

poster04847.jpg
poster04847.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 17595 times

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Stukov wrote:
chowderpope wrote:
Actually no.
stukov.png
Four of Swords / Judgement / Seven of Disks (Reversed)

Four of Swords: Truce, rest from strife. Convalescence, recovery, restoration. Relief
from anxiety, refuge from mental chaos. Intellectual authority, dogma, convention. Social
satisfaction.

Judgement: Final decision in respect to the past, and new current in respect
to the future; the opening of new doors concurrent with the closing of old ones.

Seven of Disks (Reversed): Successful unfulfilled thus far. Failure; or success only through labor and
patience. Inertia, disappointment, lost motivation, emotional loss, hopes crushed. Yet persevering,
methodical, realistic, faithful, determined.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Cerber wrote:What is my purpose?
cerber.png
Three of Wands / High Priestess / Ace of DIsks

Three of Wands: Virtue, established strength. Self-respect, integrity, self-assertion, arrogance,
conceit, pride, nobility, generosity. Firm, decisive, determined, persevering; private,
solitary.

High Priestess: A pure, exalted, and gracious influence. Change, reaction,
increase-decrease, fluctuation, cyclicity. Secrets, hidden things, mysteries.

Ace of Disks: Root of the Powers of Earth. Material gain, power, labor, wealth, contentment.
Instructs that matter is entirely of the substance of Spirit, and of the Creative
Light of the Sun.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Thank you

Azrael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azrael »

"Is this the right path?"

Boomerang
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Boomerang »

Could you look for me in your reading. In the last year I have most certainly been protected by some form of guardian. Other darker issues have Been experienced while awake but belong in dream. And have recently asked the help of a white Witch who proclaims Earth care and offerings to nature.
Thankyou in advance.

mariocr
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by mariocr »

Hi, my name is Mario
I am a bit confused about the path that I should follow.
First I tried Catholic, than Jehova's witness, next tried to be a Satan follower, for last demonolatry and non of that inspire me, my dead grandmother use to be an successful healer and medium and I wish I can follow her steps, so I tried many things with no success, my pendulum told me to start practicing kabbalah but most of the times it doesn't give me the right answers.
I want a second opinion from you, wich should I follow? A path that will be compatible with me.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Hi Mario. My only advice would be to find something that you can believe in. If you don't believe it's real, it won't work.

Return to “Divination and Mantic Arts”