Gnostic is an offence and they killed them.

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Gnostic is an offence and they killed them.

Post by biguns »

There's this guy that translated the Nag hammadi texts, very long story short: the word Gnostic was something of an offence to that group, an offence made by the Christians, a sort of "know it all"...

Also, the Christians managed to kill them and slander (so shocking, I know) their true teachings along their true life style and beliefs. The "Gnostics" didn't believe in Christ at all, they even warned the xtians against their god and what would bring to the world.

I just had to vent, knowing how the original translators (Catholics) made an awful work, but now it's all in the open.... Soon all those thirsty people will know the truth...

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Gnostic is an offence and they killed them.

Post by Stukov »

The original Gnostics did believe in Jesus in the sense they saw him as their enlightened teacher. Yes early catholic church hunted down other Christian sects, murdered them, and burned all their texts. Far as what they believed they followed a teaching of Jesus that the old testament god was evil and believed in the light, love, etc existence of a benevolent deity who was similar to how eastern religions view it. They also believed you found answers by looking inward, not worship and waiting for their master or deity to give it to them.

This is rather well known in theological and historical studies, so I don't know what your post is about.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

I already said a non Catholic/Christian author made a translation from the original texts where they don't talk about such things, on the contrary, the Telesti (which is the word they used to classify themselves [THELEma anyone?] instead of the insult word coined by the Christians; Gnostics)

Well, they warned against the Jehovian paradigm of the savior, along with whom the Jehova guy really is. They warned against the whole Jehovian crap and what would it bring to the world which it did.

I'm guessing you are referring to old translations done by Christian "scholars".

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

They found gnostic texts in an old church in Ethiopia, but there are lots of gnostic type texts that didn't make it into the bible, such as Book of Judas (biggest one), book of Thomas, Mary, etc. Then there was other gnostic texts but most of them were burned and there are very few actual copies (like the ones found in Ethiopia) that are around to translate. Any modern translations that someone says they do, unless they are actually a Ph.D in the field, it was probably done by the "new age gnostics" that started on Samael Ae Wor or something like that.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

hey mat can you say dayjavue wander how big and type of force just became a shade lol

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Check out the book not in his image, nothing to do with new age at all. It is based a whole lot more on shamanic trance and connection with planet earth in the old school way, not in the modern love and light stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lamb_Lash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nag_Hammadi_library

http://www.metahistory.org/

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Stukov wrote:There are lots of gnostic type texts that didn't make it into the bible, such as Book of Judas (biggest one), book of Thomas, Mary, etc.
Ive always wanted to read The Book of Judas. Someone told me that it suggests Judas was asked to betray Christ by Christ himself. I'd love to know if that was true.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

Case wrote:
Stukov wrote:There are lots of gnostic type texts that didn't make it into the bible, such as Book of Judas (biggest one), book of Thomas, Mary, etc.
Ive always wanted to read The Book of Judas. Someone told me that it suggests Judas was asked to betray Christ by Christ himself. I'd love to know if that was true.
Yup, that's in there. Basically its explained that Jesus doesn't think he is a son of god, god himself, or whatever else the catholoics and other christians believe, but he did know of the messiah prophecy and thought if he filled the role of sacrificed messiah it would help the people. Personally, that is a much more powerful statement of having one human being sacrifice themselves without knowing for sure that it would work out in the end, but doing it because they felt it was the only way to help everyone.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

I don't believe in the Jesus character but for some people this is interesting:

http://archive.org/details/The-Real-New ... -Jesus-For

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

im satanic. no reward no surrendaRRR id sooner anilate something but seems given the right reason oh i have anger today was smooth we have some very brave souls in this town. you see i told war one two he said 3 but he was nothing collect his soul and dismember it not one war crime hopefully stands. and multiplyed. but knowing im satan my satan i freed with the human race braught to heaven im religious as well both right left path. i travel both road i heal i anilate towards whole cities. for years. i got excomunicated 2 years ago sent to ladysmith bc canada, and 6 months later forgiven for a huge force was seen backed way back guns and roses and leader of the pack lol. repetive this year. im gate keeper to hell cali many others i fix it best i can injustice you say well yes i agree the fall of mankind on robots and clones in those days they will seek the matrix or clone many

biguns
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by biguns »

Uuuuummmmm... Sure, what ever you say Mr. Satan, how's things going in hell?

EDIT: in all seriousness, the Thelesti referred to the archons as robotic (jehova and the gang), I wish you could write in a more congruent manner for us that have no direct connection into your head.

Return to “Gnosticism”