The Gnostic Pathway of La Santa Muerte.

SerpensCultus
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Gnostic Pathway of La Santa Muerte.

Post by SerpensCultus »

http://www.filedropper.com/thegnosticpa ... antamuerte

This text shall serve as the foundation for a new wave of La Santa Muerte. If one so desires to spread the text around, feel free to do so, so long as the author is credited.

While the text explains itself thoroughly, I shall give you all an introduction to it:

It, The Gnostic Pathway of La Santa Muerte, exists as a handbook, which is free of charge, of the Saint of Death. It is to individualize La Santa Muerte herself and the cult as well. The practice it enlists, as well as the overall theme and tone of the text, takes a Gnostic perspective of La Santa Muerte and her cult. By taking this Gnostic perspective, the goal is to reach new spiritual heights in the La Santa Muerte and Gnostic communities. It includes its own cosmogony, as well as enlists its own principles and methods, which is all simple to follow and understand. The goal here was to create the most applicable system possible, and again, individualize both the Saint of Death herself as well as her cult, in the form of a short, straight to the point manual.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Gnostic Pathway of La Santa Muerte.

Post by Nahemah »

I know there is a rising interest in Santa Muerte,so thank you for this interesting topic. [thumbup]

There is a member who asked about this recently,so I 'm posting a link back to this in his thread.

We've had a few enquiries recently,so your sharing of information is most timely. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

That link appears to be broken.

SerpensCultus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by SerpensCultus »

http://db.tt/Ukizk37S

Sorry about that.

johnnathan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by johnnathan »

I'm in mexico city at the moment and I got into Santa muerta for awhile but things didn't go so well so I had to stop praying to her.

Nepthys
Forum Member
Forum Member
Location: Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Nepthys »

Does anyone know what happened to this text? A cursory google search pulls up an upload on scribd.com. The fact that the frontispiece still retains the "this is free" disclaimer, I have an issue paying money to a site that I never use for something that was intended to be freely disseminated.

luminousraven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by luminousraven »

I have the deepest respect for La Santa Muerte. My meditations on her have led me to believe she is very dedicated to helping without being filled with her own ideas of right and wrong that lead so many other entities to deny help based on their own beliefs that we 'shouldn't' have it. She sacrificed a normal human life to take on this service and neither regrets nor glories in it. Like someone given a task at a young age who agrees and carries it out to the best of their ability even if it means they must not benefit from it themselves.
She is the embodiment of those young girls who were sacrificed to the gods to take on a godlike state and help those who sent them to that higher existence. We often think from our modern perspective that anyone sacrificed in this way went unwillingly and was brutally slaughtered by corrupt and disbelieving monster priests but logic says that most if not all of them believed in their own religion as much as a young teenage girl in middle america believes in christian fundamentalism. They went to their deaths with a sense of responsibility that this was their appointed task.
My personal experiences of La Santa Muerte are of a dedicated young woman doing her best at fulfilling the task she has been given. She is one of my favorites.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

I am going to express a different take on this and say I think this is a manifestation of Kali Maa.

luminousraven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by luminousraven »

I do not find those mutually exclusive [happyface]

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

Does this text still exist?
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

luminousraven
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by luminousraven »

As to who she really, is, La Santa Muerte is obviously a title, not a proper name. As such it can refer to several or many different entities.
The question is whether it is a title that can refer to only one person, like 'the Pope' or 'my mother' or 'my father' or whether it can refer to a class or a group of entities, like 'congressperson' or 'elder'.
If it is taken to mean 'the holy one who is death' then even then it can mean any number of entities who have those qualities but it then could be said to apply to a single entity who could appear to many different people in many parts of the world. These appearances would be described in terms of the culture of the ones experiencing Her and the words used would be in the language of those people as well.
If it is a descriptive term or a title then it could refer to any number of entities who are sacred manifestations of death or personifications of death or it could be more specific, those who have taken on the role of intermediaries between the living and the dead. I am inclined toward this definition, though I admit only because I find it more appealing.
The worship of La Santa Muerte is obviously of Latin (more specifically Mexican) origin and while it is superficially Catholic it should be apparent that it is based on local beliefs, legends, or ways of looking at such things. Whether or not it has any origins stretching back to the Aztec sacrifice of virgins (to be brides of the gods?) is of course for scholars to decide. I like to think that La Santa Muerte is a title for these sacrificed maidens, and that therefore this is a title which passes from one to the next, like the title Queen, or there are multiple spirits who hold the title simultaneously, as a class of spirit entities with these attributes like the christian family of saints.
Whatever its origins or nature, I find I relate well to La Santa Muerte and I feel I am able to communicate with Her in meditations.

Return to “Gnosticism”