How Gnosticism led to the creation of Christianity.

anti-oil
Forum Member
Forum Member

How Gnosticism led to the creation of Christianity.

Post by anti-oil »

"In the beginning was the Word..."

Sometime near the dawn of civilization man invented allegory. This allegory serves as the basis for most religions. The Gnostics who were founded by the man identified by the Jewish historian Josephus as Judas the Galilean, disseminated the secrets of this religious allegory which resulted in the "crucifixion" of the Word (a.k.a. Apocalypse). The defenders of the allegory struck back by every means available to them. Of course there was extensive censorship to prevent the further spread of this knowledge, but there was also an extensive disinformation campaign designed to oppose the truth offered by the Gnostics. The Jewish philosopher Philo, who led this campaign, admitted to the allegoric nature of at least some religious works (The Pentateuch), but he pretended that the hidden meanings had a supernatural origin and he performed only half interpretations (See Plato's Ion). These half interpretations relied on the fact that all real world ideas can be represented with multiple metaphors and therefore there can be a multitude of interpretations in which metaphors are defined and discussed only in relation to other metaphors. This creates the impression that one can make allegory mean whatever they want it to mean, but in fact, there is only one real world meaning behind each metaphor.

The Gnostics were also infiltrated and their teachings were corrupted from within. As a group, they were eventually forced to accept the allegorized rules spelled out in the Damascus document. (Damascus serves as a metaphor for this transition.) They were forced to pour "oil" on their teachings and the metaphoric idea of Christ was born. But all religions need an origin story, and the real origin of Christianity was obviously unacceptable, and so the Gospel accounts were created.
Obviously, Josephus and his "silent" contemporaries Tacitus and Tranquillus, had to be in on the cover-up. Josephus undoubtedly relied on his relationship with Emperor Vespasian to make sure that others would follow his lead. But Josephus's "tomb" only appears "empty". Josephus employed the same allegoric techniques that the Gnostics had exposed, to write a secret history of early Christianity. Portions of Josephus' allegory (the “Satan” behind Christ) were then reinterpreted by the Gospel authors to create incidents in the manufactured ministry of Christ.

I have gained this information through the partial cracking of this allegoric code. A key element to cracking the code is establishing a context. There is the greater context of a world built upon this code (i.e. flat earth) which can be employed everywhere, and then there are more specific contexts related to certain historic events related to the code. Establishing the specific contexts is made difficult by the fact that literal time elements and locations are sacrificed to express other ideas. To overcome this handicap the allegory writers rely heavily on allusions. These allusions will often appear as “parallels” or include the mention of certain names or objects. (The allegoric interpretation/parallel of Genesis 1:1 in John 1:1 alludes to Philo’s work and this also identifies Philo as a “John”.) When I have the correct context, many pieces easily start falling into place. For example, early on I learned that “water” represented “writings” so once I got the basic context of the Gospel accounts, it was then not difficult to associate “water into wine” and “walking on water” with Philo’s efforts and I was able to identify “wine” as “philosophy” and “walking” as “interpretation”. (Of course, I test metaphors in various other places for confirmation that I have the correct real world meaning.) Also, the fact that Christ did not “sink” tells me that there was something unusual about these interpretations. Getting the context right also helps in the interpretation of Noah’s “flood”. The survival of a Sumerian legend (a parallel) aboard the “Ark” indicates that the world destroyed by the flood was Sumerian and therefore the flood represents the end of the use of Cuneiform as a form of writing and the adaptation of the Phoenician alphabet.

If you really want the true truth, you have to “fall” into the underworld of hidden meanings. ("Everyone falls the first time.") The secrets of this allegory are behind virtually all occult subjects. There is nothing supernatural involved. When Nostradamus mentioned "Hister", it was disguised reference to "history" and not a prophecy about Hitler. Even “UFO’s” and “ghosts” play their roles as metaphors transmitting hidden knowledge.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: How Gnosticism led to the creation of Christianity.

Post by manonthepath »

I find it hard to believe that you know what Nostradamus meant. You can merely infer and guess like the rest of us. There are a few insights in what you say, but you take much for granted and begin your discussion in the middle instead of at some logical beginning. Perhaps we can begin by you building a "Context" for us with respect to your assertions regarding the beginning of religion and allegory? Define your use of the term "religion." Then build your case. After this we can help you construct your arguments for the other points you make. Then we will help you put them into "Context." Then we may begin counter-arguments. I do assume this is what you are looking for? [gz]

anti-oil
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by anti-oil »

manonthepath wrote:I find it hard to believe that you know what Nostradamus meant. You can merely infer and guess like the rest of us. There are a few insights in what you say, but you take much for granted and begin your discussion in the middle instead of at some logical beginning. Perhaps we can begin by you building a "Context" for us with respect to your assertions regarding the beginning of religion and allegory? Define your use of the term "religion." Then build your case. After this we can help you construct your arguments for the other points you make. Then we will help you put them into "Context." Then we may begin counter-arguments. I do assume this is what you are looking for? [gz]
The people behind the allegoric code that I have identified were identified by Plato as Sophists. In Plato’s Protagoras we find this comment regarding the Sophists:

“Now the art of the Sophist is, as I believe, of great antiquity; but in ancient times those who practiced it, fearing this odium, veiled and disguised themselves under various names, some under that of poets, as Homer, Hesiod, and Simonides, some, of hierophants and prophets, as Orpheus and Musaeus, and some, as I observe, even under the name of gymnastic-masters, like Iccus of Tarentum, or the more recently celebrated Herodicus, now of Selymbria and formerly of Megara, who is a first-rate Sophist. Your own Agathocles pretended to be a musician, but was really an eminent Sophist; also Pythocleides the Cean; and there were many others; and all of them, as I was saying, adopted these arts as veils or disguises because they were afraid of the odium which they would incur.”

The role of Sophism in Christianity is alluded to in a couple of ways. In Mark 14:10-12 we find:

Mark 14:10 When he (Christ) was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11 He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

This is a deliberate allusion to Plato’s Theaetetus where we find:
Socrates: “In the name of the Graces, what an almighty wise man Protagoras must have been! He spoke these things in a parable to the common herd, like you and me, but told the truth, his Truth, in secret to his own disciples.”

(For those that do not know, Protagoras was supposedly the first professional Sophist.)

There is also the “Messianic Secret” concept in which Christ asked his followers not to reveal his true identity which clearly implies that Christ was not what he appeared to be.
In Plato’s Sophist, Socrates and his companions struggle to define a Sophist. As they gradually work toward a definition, something occurs to the “Stranger”:

“Stranger: By heaven, they are cousins! It never occurred to us.
THEAETETUS: Who are cousins?
Stranger: The angler and the Sophist.
THEAETETUS: In what way are they related?
Stranger: They both appear to me to be hunters.”

As the dialogue progresses, it becomes clear that the object of the hunt for the Sophist is man and therefore one should then naturally view the idea of “fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19) to be a reference to Sophists. There are probably more allusions of this type in the Gospels, but in order to recognize them, I would have had to read the source. The authors of the allegories undoubtedly are aware of this short coming which is why they employ multiple allusions that can communicate the same message. Genealogies also serve as a sort of reading list which helps with interpretations. Each name in a genealogy alludes to a story or writing that provides context and clues in deciphering the allegory that contains the genealogy. It must be assumed that in some cases the writings alluded to in a genealogy no longer exists and therefore a portion of the allegory may be undecipherable.

If the Sophists were able to create a movement as far reaching as Christianity, then it is nothing for them to create lesser movements. The hidden subject matter of the Sophist allegories mostly falls into two categories-hidden history and rules governing the allegory itself. Real world meanings of metaphors are never supposed to be written down and therefore they must be transmitted orally. It naturally would be impossible for the hidden meaning of every metaphor to be memorized by those chosen to keep this secret, so there are rules and concepts that govern many metaphoric assignments which help Sophists discover hidden meanings for metaphors. These rules can be placed false contexts and then “hidden in plain sight”. This allows the oral transmission of hidden meanings to be limited to perhaps a couple hundred key metaphors. Other metaphors are then openly defined in relation to the key metaphors or created according to allegoric rules.

One significant example of how this hidden knowledge is openly disseminated is Plato’s Cratylus which the “experts” have identified as a “satire” on word etymology. Cratylus is all about the “correctness of names” and it describes how names can be disguised by altering letters and syllables as well as entirely changing a name to something that has a similar meaning. (This is how you cast a “spell” with your “magic wand”.) When we examine the name “Cratylus” for this correctness, we must see a connection to the Latin “cratalis” which modern etymologists have decided is part of the etymology of the mythical “Grail”. (This does not mean that Cratylus is THE GRAIL; it is just a grail since there is nothing “Holy” about it.)

In the centuries since Plato, the Sophists have vastly expanded the number of veils and disguises they employ. All of the occult “sciences” are actually covers for Sophist ideas disguised as allegory. Each of these Sophist schools embraces a particular set of metaphors which for the most part have metaphoric equivalents in every other Sophist school.
Undoubtedly, the large number of Sophist subjects is designed to cast as wide a net as possible so that no one entirely escapes Sophist control. The Sophists then can manipulate the literal teachings of these schools to cause people to act in a way that suits their needs. Satanists actually help to reinforce Christian beliefs and provide a real world enemy that helps Christian leaders maintain control over their flocks. Freemasonry provides a system of business and political connections that can be manipulated to serve Sophist purposes. Believers in UFO cover-ups provides a group distrustful of elected governments that can be relied upon to sow political dissent, while also helping to reduce the credibility of groups that might have real world knowledge of Sophist plots. (Sophists are metaphorically known as “aliens” and undoubtedly their existence is known to some in government positions, so there really is a cover-up.) In almost all cases, each school will be made up primarily of ignorant followers who have no clue as to what is really going on.

The metaphors employed by the Sophists are sometimes more obvious than one might expect, but because we live in a world of false contexts, we fail to see the connections. The “above” and “below” represent the literal and hidden meanings. “Eternal life” is gained when one’s name makes it into the literal world. “Good” refers to the concealment of literal truth, while “evil” refers to efforts to expose it. The “dead” dwell in the underworld of hidden meanings, but accurate deciphering of the allegories can “raise” them.
So, this is the nature of the “Matrix” in which we live. I will not attempt to lead anyone by the hand because as soon as they see something they don’t like, they will pull away and I will have wasted my time. (Even Neo, a professional code breaker, is portrayed as having extreme difficulty accepting what Morpheus showed him.) We have all been programmed to some extent and it seems to take significant effort to overcome this programming. But, for those that are willing to find the true truth, I am pointing the way.

Treat the allegory as a code. Clues for deciphering hidden meanings are everywhere. You just need to keep in mind that each real world idea has multiple metaphors assigned to it. The “metals” of Alchemy represent types of writings as do the Sephirot of Kabbalah. (Da’ath is not supposed to be preserved in writing, so sometimes it is omitted.) “Water” is a metaphor for “writings” so water in its various forms refers to sets or types of writings or even connections between writings. Numbers all have hidden meanings but under certain circumstances they can also be literal. The same is true for names of places. (Repetition of a word or idea will usually change its meaning so that a phrase like "true truth" can represent real truth.) “Males” represent real knowledge and “females” represent false knowledge. Real knowledge is born in the literal world and moves downward as it is allegorized and forgotten, while false knowledge is born in the underworld of secret meanings and moves upward. “Circumcision” is a metaphoric representation of castration which bends the allegoric rules so that males can take female roles. The Greeks were willing to expose some real knowledge in regards to allegory (i.e. Cratylus) so they have been tainted with the “sin” of “homosexuality”. As you learn more about the allegory, you will discover how many seemingly unconnected pieces are actually connected.

I know that most will not believe me now, but someday you may read something or see something and have a WTF moment because it makes no literal sense to you. (Try reading Aristotle.) Hopefully, you will think back to the ideas presented here and you will begin to see.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Let's begin by defining religion. Then let's return to Nostradamus. It seems to me that we need to tackle these issues first before I devote the time to discuss your ideas and impressions of the relationship between those you refer to as sophists and christianity. Try to keep your posts a bit shorter. It will make them easier to discuss. Also, please try to stay on point. I's enjoy a serious discussion, but we need to finish topics so as to avoid me chasing after your ideas and rants. Basically, I'm asking to proceed slowly and methodically. Otherwise what is there to be gained?

Return to “Gnosticism”