Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

Post by ghawke2 »

So, I read a lot and mess around on youtube with things that interest me.

Today, I was reading an excerpt about Gnosticism and their belief in two gods, one being good and the other evil.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the God of the old testament, Yaweh, be the Demiurge and Christ be a symbol of the good god?

If so, when one does the LBRP of the Pentagram and utters YHVH, isn't one invoking the Demiurge and perhaps not really cleansing an area to make it safe?

EternalReturn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Demiurge and YHVH use in the LBRP question.

Post by EternalReturn »

Oh no, demiurge is the ruler of the world, the emanation of the supreme God. He is called Abraxas. He's more of a demigod that god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

The word "demiurge" is an English word from a Latinized form of the Greek δημιουργός, dēmiourgos, literally "public worker", and which was originally a common noun meaning "craftsman" or "artisan", but gradually it came to mean "producer" and eventually "creator".

In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good. Accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as linked to the material world.

While it is true that demiurge is malevolent, it is also tru that supreme God, the All or in this case YHVH is benevolent.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

Nice post, EternalReturn. :)

I note that the so-called Bornless ritual contains an invocation of Abraxas. A favourite to Crowley and Regardie as a method of achieving union with the Holy Guardian Angel - but if Abraxas is associated with the demiurge, that seems counter-intuitive, does it not?

ghawke2
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ghawke2 »

EternalReturn wrote:Oh no, demiurge is the ruler of the world, the emanation of the supreme God. He is called Abraxas. He's more of a demigod that god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

The word "demiurge" is an English word from a Latinized form of the Greek δημιουργός, dēmiourgos, literally "public worker", and which was originally a common noun meaning "craftsman" or "artisan", but gradually it came to mean "producer" and eventually "creator".

In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good. Accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as linked to the material world.

While it is true that demiurge is malevolent, it is also tru that supreme God, the All or in this case YHVH is benevolent.
Awesome. Sorry I was out for a bit but thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!

Divinorum
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Divinorum »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but YHVH would be the demiurge and it is uttered by Christ in many Gnostic Scriptures... The True Father is Unknownable and Unnameable, beyond the Aeons that is of YHVH, we can't work with that Great Spirit, for that would make The Unknowable, known.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

It seems that the accounts of the Prince of Darkness and the Prince of Peace come to us from Sumer. Anu, the heavenly sovereign, being wary of a palace coup (how he obtained power) sent both his sons to Earth to manage the mining. The elder was by a concubine and hence could not inherit, but he had trouble with the younger son (Prince of Darkness) who was the sociopath appointed to manage the planet. Many troubles followed.

The troops sent to Earth were dying under our aging sun and became unhappy with the heavy work and then revolted several times. They were provided with the food of life and the water of life to keep them alive and a slave race was developed to do the hard work.

Read Sitchin for the best account so far.

The occupying force has not all gone but Earth humans have proved to be good at weaponry so the occupiers stay out of (gun) sight.

Some cooperation with human groups continues.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

There is so many different versions and theories and myths floating around about the origins of this and that, and been floating around for centuries. Years ago I tried to find out which of those is the truth, by learning AP after years of hard and tedious work, but when I finally began to go out there, instead of finding out which one was the real one, I just found a new one to add to the list..
So I figured I should focus on the future rather than the past.

Return to “Gnosticism”