Help / doubt

Lhama
Forum Member
Forum Member

Help / doubt

Post by Lhama »

I wonder how healing through magic?
How magick can affect the physical body ?
Any problem in the physical body can be healed with magick?

I thank all who respond

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Help / doubt

Post by fraterai »

Yes it is very natural to heal with magic, or with vital energy or what have you. Although it is generally difficult or impossible to directly heal a malady put there by karma. Meditating on being healthy and raising your energy for self repair is a simple and effective way to start healing
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Lhama
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lhama »

fraterai wrote:Yes it is very natural to heal with magic, or with vital energy or what have you. Although it is generally difficult or impossible to directly heal a malady put there by karma. Meditating on being healthy and raising your energy for self repair is a simple and effective way to start healing

Thank you

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Lhama wrote:I wonder how healing through magic?

I thank all who respond
Are you wondering from a theoretical point of view or from a practical point of view?

Lhama
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lhama »

Desecrated wrote:

I thank all who respond
Are you wondering from a theoretical point of view or from a practical point of view?

practice, how it really works

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Lhama wrote:

For me, those are two different things. In practice, you don't understand it, you just do it.
It's like standing in the sun, you don't have to know astrophysics to understand that it is warm. You just feel it.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Desecrated wrote:
Lhama wrote:

For me, those are two different things. In practice, you don't understand it, you just do it.
It's like standing in the sun, you don't have to know astrophysics to understand that it is warm. You just feel it.
When I first read this I was a bit [bummed] about the statement but I gave it some time to think about it and remembered my experiences with martial arts. When people (mostly westerners) want to learn how, for example, thai chi "works" they will get a book and try to rationalize how the energy channels move around and such. But if they went to a real instructor all he would do is give them some basic exercise and expect them to repeat it over and over until it is second nature. A few years of practice down the line and you can feel the chi.

Someone in my family is a massage therapist and had the same experience of doubt and difficulty understanding "Chi" in the classroom, and finally one day had an "aha" moment with an actual client when she felt the physical, practical side of things, she then had new difficulties of worrying if she was a witch or not (haha)

just wanted to chime in, made me think and what not [wink] . Thanks!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

You can still get a book, and in my opinion, you should you should always get a book. But not when you are actually doing it.
If I'm going to heal somebody, I don't think about the theory behind it, I just tell myself that everything is possible, I'm a fucking god and I got this shit.
That is the only thing I need to know at that moment.

It's the exact same thing as sex. Just because you understand the theory behind it doesn't mean that you are good at it, and thinking to much is probably not the best idea at the moment. You kinda have to "feel" and go with the flow. (Just like chi)
As important as theory is, you're never going to pick up a women because you know what is connected to The Fallopian tubes. If you're going to pick up a women, just tell yourself that "everything is possible, I'm a fucking god and I got this shit."

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

I'd say, simply, that magic is the mind over matter when it comes to healing. Magic won't directly heal cancer for instance, though in the long run magic may lead to the creation of medication to cure cancer. Focus your studies on things like placebo, good luck charms, rituals/ceremonies, positive thought, cognitive therapy, etc.
Beloved of Set

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

I thank all who respond

Not 'any' problem. Sometimes we need to burn off karma.

The best way 'magick' can effect the physical body is through purification rituals (usually with the moon). Most dis-ease doesn't leave because we continually hold on to it. Just breath and let it go.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Hadit
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hadit »

corvidus wrote:

I thank all who respond

The best way 'magick' can effect the physical body is through purification rituals (usually with the moon). Most dis-ease doesn't leave because we continually hold on to it. Just breath and let it go.
Are you stating that through purification rituals you could clear all illness?
Beloved of Set

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Bardon was curing late stage cancer (if you believe the rest yougotta believe this one) with herbs and magic. Also I agree, most people can get over a cold by suppressing it (or it might be better to say they make it worse by stressing). Remember everyone is different, and everything is possible.

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse

Magic and Healing are basicaly the same thing (if not ACTUALLY the same thing), the same mechanics, the same conducts, the same energies/forces/powers, just different intents or objetives.

My experience and opinion about it

Saravá
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Hadit wrote:
corvidus wrote:

Are you stating that through purification rituals you could clear all illness?
I think so, unless the illness is necessary to resolve a 'karmic dept'. The depth of purification results in the depth of healing. Most people, however, stop at the surface.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

I'm still a long walk away from being a magician, however I already feel that putting any limiting word besides "magick" is worthless and counterproductive. No offense but I felt a strong disgust and wanted to share.

About healing I believe that illness in itself is not but lack of health. Same stick oposite end. Consecuently I think that projecting health, in other words "seeing" health in that person should cure him/her. That is with perfect personal skills.

About karma... this too disgusts me. Maybe my big ego doesn't want to let go of the ilusion of control. Maybe this big ego fuels the magician... not sure. I will start a thread later if somebody wants to further discuss the karma "thing".

My regards

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

Which limiting word? Healing? I think healing is a very expansive word that can be applied to many ideas that may not be what you first think of healing. If you mean another word I'm sorry.

Karma, for me, is just cause and effect. A magician probably uses this word to also mean the influece of whatever is above him, God, higher self, "divine providence". The point is there are certain situations where no matter what we do we will not be able to change the outcome.

I know it's just a word choice but "strong disgust" at the mere mention of an idea that undermines your ego (as you said) is a bit of a sour and unhealthy response, there are many many opposing magical theories and you would do well to consider as many as you can, but really I think most of the mages here are more so being honest that failure and outside influences are certainly possible, and while we may not be able to prove or ascertain that some God is responsible, surely it has its roots in cause and effect, as everything else seems to be tied up in it as well

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

LoneWolf wrote:I'm still a long walk away from being a magician, however I already feel that putting any limiting word besides "magick" is worthless and counterproductive. No offense but I felt a strong disgust and wanted to share.

About healing I believe that illness in itself is not but lack of health. Same stick oposite end. Consecuently I think that projecting health, in other words "seeing" health in that person should cure him/her. That is with perfect personal skills.

About karma... this too disgusts me. Maybe my big ego doesn't want to let go of the ilusion of control. Maybe this big ego fuels the magician... not sure. I will start a thread later if somebody wants to further discuss the karma "thing".

My regards
If you ego is so frail it can't even deal with being out of control, you should probably work on that.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Regarding discussion of karma, a new thread may be a good idea.

I am one of those who does not deal with karma as a concept, unless I am working with or against another who does believe in and accept the concept of course, to me it is an Eastern belief that belongs to an organised religion and it therefore does not concern me. Action and reaction, cause and effect, however, they do happen in my world and they exist independently of religious or spiritual paradigms.

Control is an interesting term to use, as retribution over the course of future lives for 'sins' committed in the past, as karmic concepts dictate, strike me as a strong form of control that limits actions in the present. I am not a fan of organised religions as they all apply forms of control and consequence which favour those who hold power the most and often work to the detriment of those who would most benefit from certain actions. IMMV, of course.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

It seems I've been missunderstood. Healing is obviously not a limiting word.

I was expressing that saying that Magick can not do a thing, in this case cure an illness, is not imo a good idea to keep in your mind. In particular it was a response to Hadit's comment.

About wanting to be in control, in my case after becoming aware that magick is a thing and that my will can shapen my experience and surroundings a will to "rule" my experience and reality has born inside of me. It's like he who can run faster and doesn't want to walk or he who knows how to swim and doesn't want to cross the sea by a long and messy bridge. It's not that I think I am the one and only creator of existence AKA God and that only my will creates this life, but now with the knowing of this power or force of the universe, I've come to rebuild my thought and not just accept the bad things that happen to me or play victim either but to say fuck no, and create the circumstances that I, desire. I adjudicated this will and desire of choice to my ego since I think is the glasses through I experience life in this realm :) I apreciate the concerns though

I wonder if you guys have gone through that path and how you've adapted your thought as you discovered magick.

My regards,

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

As to the first i was thinking this is what you may have meant as well, and with that I agree, i don't beilieve there is anything that is not possible.

As to the second, much more clear, and essentially what I'm talking about. Your desires then, are one stage of the cause/effect chain in which all of your choices are bound. Perfectly fine description of karma to me.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote: favour those who hold power the most and often work to the detriment of those who would most benefit from certain actions.
That is pretty much how I fell about humanity.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

LoneWolf wrote:that magick is a thing and that my will can shapen my experience and surroundings a will to "rule" my experience and reality has born inside of me.
But is it truly your will, or is it just god acting through you? Maybe you're just another instrument of god this earth.
Praise jebus!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah wrote:Regarding discussion of karma, a new thread may be a good idea.

I am one of those who does not deal with karma as a concept, unless I am working with or against another who does believe in and accept the concept of course, to me it is an Eastern belief that belongs to an organised religion and it therefore does not concern me.I am not a fan of organised religions
Have you ever wondered if your own deep held belief are just reactions to the deterministic life caused by your previous karma and the reason why you think you way you do in this life is just to balance up the fact in your previous life you were a devoted catholic, and this existence is purely one step in your journey?

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Desecrated wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:that magick is a thing and that my will can shapen my experience and surroundings a will to "rule" my experience and reality has born inside of me.
But is it truly your will, or is it just god acting through you? Maybe you're just another instrument of god this earth.
Praise jebus!
That's the good question. I will avoid it by saying that I AM this WILL :D

About determinism my take is that the higher the creature the higher degree of "free will" or choice. A dog feels the rain and runs to cover. Is horny and fucks some other dog. Is hungry and eats the first thing he sees. Humans, though, aren't that limited. We have another mechanism, an extra one, here with us in this life. Imagination. If I am hungry I don't eat the first thing I see. I AM BIG-ASS STEAK. I go get it. I create in my mind. And project. Just as God(maybe). Of course you can argue that a limited free will isn't free will and that maybe my ilusion of free will is completely determined. But hey, thinking that is no fun. And since a pure free will is unthinkable from our perspective, just because we have an extra degree of choice than another creature we can percieve, we may as well consider our will a free one ;)

Cheers

Next
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Next »

Healing is about being yourself

Return to “Healing and Holistic Medicines”