Are Vampires Able To Entire your Mind?

Scoapimp
Forum Member
Forum Member

Are Vampires Able To Entire your Mind?

Post by Scoapimp »

I Have a friend, whom claims she is a Vampire. Honestly, I believe in many of these things, I guess you could call me an Agnostic Occultist. Another Friend Of mine says that he and her were talking about her "abilities", The things she can do as a vampire. He told me that she entered his mind and "walked" around in it. Viewing his memories, thoughts, loves and hates.

MY Question to you is: Are modern vampires able to do this?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Are Vampires Able To Entire your Mind?

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

The short answer to this question is no, vampires arent able to enter peoples minds. Psychics on the other hand can, and theres nothing stopping energy vampires from being psychic energy vampires.

As for blood drinking vampires existing, I dont personally believe in them, but there is a disease called Porphyria which could be where the vampire legend comes from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria).

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Welcome to my world,lol.I 'm Porphyritic,mine varies. [eek]

I used to correct misinformation on forums where I found it;and there was/is plenty of it,my thinking in this was that talking about the condition with the curious and msinformed would help,but it just ended up stressing me out,so I don't bother anymore. [rolleyes]
Some folk appreciated this though,which is good,it must be said.But I did get a lot of Vampire related Qs and some were very silly.So I lolled. [rofl]

I 'm now going to say something scary: anyone can enter your mind,potentially.

People can be manipulative and charm their way in,others can be intimidating or mesmerising and so on.If you think of hypnotism and mentalism also,I think you can see where I 'm going with this.It's a humanwide,not just just a vampiric thing.

Psychological damage caused by trauma can mean a victim has the perpetrator/s of their misery,living 'inside their heads' controlling their lives and actions,long after the original event.

There are many examples of this effect and how it occurs/plays out to delve into.The Vampire is a fascinating concept to many of us,as it appeals to our psyches in a morbidly compelling manner and we all have darker aspects to our natures that can be labelled vampiric to some extent.

If you are concerned about vampirism, it's good to research and read up about protecting yourself from manipulation,whether it's occult or mundane in origin.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I've always thought the whole 'psychic vampire' thing is a little absurd, I'm not denying that it's possible, but people blow it out of proportion because they want to be a vampire like a character from an anne rice novel, or twilight or whichever vampires are cool at the time. So they convince themselves that they 'need' to drain other peoples energy to survive because it's dark or romantic or whatever.

The reality is that people who truly do have that effect on those around them need to recognize it so they can make an active effort to stop it, they shouldn't be encouraging it or adopting it as an identity. Luckily most people are just looking for a way to be different or unique and grow out of it after a while.
Last edited by Rin on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Rin wrote:The reality is that people who truly do have that effect on those around them need to recognize it so they can make an active effort to stop it, they shouldn't be encouraging it or adopting it as an identity. Luckily most people are just looking for a way to be different or unique and grow out of it after a while.
Yeah, energy vampires annoy the living shit out of me in person because they always seem to be mopey depressing gothic types who I just feel like punching to death. That said, Im sure there are nice energy vampires that I havent met, and I know there are people on this forum who admit to being energy vampires, so Im reserving judgement as to ALL energy vampires being depressing gothics who deserve to die.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Taiyounoryu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Taiyounoryu »

Wow I feel a lot of love being the one psi vampire on the board.. Lol. As a vampire you can't really do anything like that. You can on the other hand get a strong feel for the energy they put off. I can read a lot about a person by reading what they give off.

And just so we have this straight, I'm not goth, actually many of us aren't into that scene. :p I know there are plenty of fakes, but lets take it easy on the real ones. No one should want to be a vampire.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

I actually do believe in vampires. Even Cal Gustov Jung used the vampire as an Archetype. The myth of the vampire encompasses a deep truth of how humans live in society. I think it should be obvious that real vampires don't actually drink blood, but rather have a constant feeling that they are starving for money. Blood and money have a lot in common. They both circulate to support life. Accumulating large amounts of blood doesn't make a person any more alive, then a person with enough blood. Thus vampires are known as the non-living or undead. The effects of the sun or daylight on vampires has to do with, the real experiencing of life that is only possible outside the thirst for money. Yes vampires have a whole toolbox of mind control techniques. They use the powers of sovereignty (money = social status) to convince you that they are better then you. They have powers to mesmerize (powerful charm that is detached from sincerity). They have powers to know your fears and push the right buttons to manipulate you just the way they want to. They have a power called Celerity which allows them to trip you up in your thought processes and use those precious seconds to do real psychological or social damage to you. They have sophisticated abilities to build phony emotional bonds that entice you to trust them. Look at your life and guaranteed you will see some part of it affected by the repercussions of vampires. This topic is something that i think effects almost everyone. I have studied vampires for some time. IMHO portrayals on T.V. such as True Blood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Vampire Diaries all seem to miss the mark. If you want to know how real vampires live watch Soap Operas, stop the film at critical moments and play the show in slow motion, particularly when it comes to body language and facial gestures. You will see power plays that astound you.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Just for you Dodaive: Celerity,in the Vampire = Tachypsychia,in the living human.

that equals above would be better desciribed as : is equivalent to,but not quite the same as:but I canny do that on here,I know a symbol,I think, but not how to acces s it on this keyboard.[Lost skillz.Boo.]

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

Yes you are right Nahemah
In actual practice vampires use fast mental processes, to both trip up the other person's mental process, and perform the pre-determined targeted action at the same time.

Return to “Psychicism”