how advanced a skill would you consider astral projection

beero
Forum Member
Forum Member

how advanced a skill would you consider astral projection

Post by beero »

Hi, how advanced/intermediate/basic a skill would you consider astral projection to be, or would it depend on skill at projection and what you do when out of body

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: how advanced a skill would you consider astral projectio

Post by Ramscha »

bye bye

TheAwakenedHeart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheAwakenedHeart »

I would consider astral projection an intermediate skill. Not beginner because you can't just do it easily with minimal help, many people need specific techniques and preparation for it. And not advanced because there are powers which require much more than astral projection, such as bilocation.
"The Way is not in the sky. The Way is in the Heart." - Buddha

All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it power. - Tao

Of the Heart Chakra, Anāhata Chakra: The characteristics of the Heart Chakra are Love, Unity, and Healing"""

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I think that depends on the individual practitioner and what they naturally do better at. Bi-locating and astral projecting are extremely similar. The biggest difference is the target location. One is in the astral and the other in the ethereal. Similar, yet different enough to make a distinction.

I think it's more of a beginners skill because it should be learned in the beginning. Like anything else, some people find it easier to do than others. I do think that most people can learn how - even if it is naturally difficult for them.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

TheAwakenedHeart
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheAwakenedHeart »

RoseRed wrote:I think that depends on the individual practitioner and what they naturally do better at. Bi-locating and astral projecting are extremely similar. The biggest difference is the target location. One is in the astral and the other in the ethereal. Similar, yet different enough to make a distinction.

I think it's more of a beginners skill because it should be learned in the beginning. Like anything else, some people find it easier to do than others. I do think that most people can learn how - even if it is naturally difficult for them.
Could you share your knowledge and tell me more about how bilocation is done, in your view? The only technique of bilocation that I know is from David DeBold's "Miracle Mastery", and in the book the technique is almost as hard as teleportation. If you know a bilocation technique that is considerably easier than almost teleporting, though, I would be eternally grateful to hear it!
"The Way is not in the sky. The Way is in the Heart." - Buddha

All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it power. - Tao

Of the Heart Chakra, Anāhata Chakra: The characteristics of the Heart Chakra are Love, Unity, and Healing"""

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

There are different levels of bi-location from being merely a watchful distant presence to a full blown standing somewhere else where other people can see and interact with you.

Bilocating is as simple as astral projection in that you still need to leave the physical body. That mechanism is the same. What's different is the destination. The astral could be the airport and the ethereal (which is connected and I believe overlaps the physical) is more like the bus station. The places you can go once you get there. :)

Most people start out BL by popping out of themselves and looking down at their body. Then they figure out they can walk through walls and cool shit like that. If you can fly on the astral - you can fly on the ethereal. I know of quite a few people that bilocated way before they ever astral projected.

Bilocating and tracing time together is one hell of an idea! (from the other thread)

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

TheAwakenedHeart wrote:
RoseRed wrote:I think that depends on the individual practitioner and what they naturally do better at. Bi-locating and astral projecting are extremely similar. The biggest difference is the target location. One is in the astral and the other in the ethereal. Similar, yet different enough to make a distinction.

Could you share your knowledge and tell me more about how bilocation is done, in your view? The only technique of bilocation that I know is from David DeBold's "Miracle Mastery", and in the book the technique is almost as hard as teleportation. If you know a bilocation technique that is considerably easier than almost teleporting, though, I would be eternally grateful to hear it!
An old occult author pen named Ophiel teaches a method of bilocation in his book The Art and Practice of Astral Projection. Like RoseRed said, it's etheric projection. He actually considers it a precursor to learning astral projection. That was his best book, in my opinion. Some of the others are crap, so don't buy them all just 'cause you're successful with his first one.

I don't have that book anymore, but from what I remember it's basically a visualization exercise that you practice by walking through your home and then remembering your route in exact detail.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

The experience itself I would consider fairly basic, in that it seems to end up happening automatically to almost everyone who has an established spiritual practice for any length of time (some argue that it happens even with non-practitioners during sleep, and that they just don't remember it due to the gulf between the conscious and subconscious mind).

On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend intentional astral projection until the individual has been practicing and training for several years. For one, a lot of the techniques going around out there are iffy, and rely on tricks or altered states of consciousness which really shouldn't be necessary and can potentially cause problems, for another, the experience itself can be more dangerous for a beginner who doesn't have a disciplined mind and a healthy, well developed energy body. IMO if you can't sit down in meditation, shift your awareness to the astral body and then project it without relying on drugs, lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis or other random and weird techniques, then you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. I know that's a bit of a buzzkill and that a lot of people will disagree with it, but there you go.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

What Rin said.

Return to “Psychicism”