Guidance? "The Power You Search For..."

Reluun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Guidance? "The Power You Search For..."

Post by Reluun »

Greetings,

In this post I share an OBE I had, and a message I received. I request that someone with knowledge of evocations or invocations shed a little light on a goal that I have. Furthermore, I request someone more knowledgeable offer a little guidance on this path, on this discovery of the subtle wonders of this world.

I will preface my post by saying that I have not practiced ceremonial magick. While I have practiced mindfulness, hypnotism, tantra, and yoga, I consider myself an amateur practitioner simply due to my age (24).

I was practicing mindfulness while lying in bed, in an attempt to induce something like a lucid dream, which I have done only a few times in the past.

Per the usual, I found myself lost in a swamp of visions and impressions, typical of a dream. I had little critical factor, but rather just accepted my new surrounding and situations upon entering the dream. However, after some time, I was moving down a staircase in the dream, and at the foot of the staircase was a mirror.

When I looked into the mirror I saw that I had long, curly, red hair, which I know very well that I do not have.
"This is not me" I said to myself, and immediately my delusional dream reality vanished, and I was awash in the technicolor splendor of a new reality.

But within what felt like just a few dream minutes, I realized that I was being played the fool. "I am still dreaming," I thought to myself.

My reality vanished once more, and I was paralyzed in my bed. I was familiar with this phenomenon due to my extensive research, and I was prepared with a technique that I had read of several times for exiting my body in just such a situation.

I attempted to "roll out" of my body, and I did. My subtle body felt like it just peeled out of its shell, and I rolled out. Simple as that.

Upon rolling out of my body, I was in some sort of void. But it appeared as though I was penetrating some shadow, some veil. The veil was not threatening or scary, just awesome and all-encompassing.

As I proceeded to penetrate this veil, it required greater and greater mental effort. I began to feel that I was moving toward something, and finally--
I was through!

There was a swirling spiral-like ethereal smoke or vortex, and at the center was an ever-changing symbol. I cannot depict the symbol for you due to its ever-changing nature, or I would.

At the same time, I heard a voice speak to me, and I can only describe it as booming, authoritative, awesome.

Then I heard, "The power you search for is in air."

After, I was returned to my body in a snap.

Here's where I could use some help, what is this voice telling me?

I raise this question because I have started learning about other occult subjects in greater detail, and I am becoming familiar with ceremonial magic, its paradigms, and also the hierarchy of entities within, and I'm not sure what I was talking to, or whether I should even put any stock in its comment. It certainly didn't seem malicious. But then again, I'm new to all of this.

I'm interested in learning to perceive the world in a new way, by whatever means. I feel this entity, even if its only a personification of some aspect of myself, was trying to offer some guidance. I think it was trying to help. I would like to put myself in touch with this aspect or entity, or one that is equally or more helpful, without "diving in the deep end" of the magick that people regularly warn is dangerous.

From reviewing the posts here, at least some of you claim to be genuinely knowledgeable with regard to invocations, evocations, and other magickal practices with which I am unfamiliar. My path through mindfulness and yoga thus far has been slow-going. I don't expect magick to be faster necessarily. Rather, I would just like to improve all of my skills, including magick, if it is indeed a worthwhile pursuit.

So what do you think, any hopes I could talk to this entity again? Any ideas? I suspect it will be hard without knowing what it is or any more information to go off of. I'm sorry I've left you all with such a puzzle. This really is all the information I have.

Thank you for your energy that works towards our resolution.

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Guidance? "The Power You Search For..."

Post by fraterai »

Very cool experiences, good description. It sounds like you used the method of dream yoga to induce your astral travel experience, and you did it in just the way I would suggest, practicing "who what when where why" all day until it becomes a part of your dreams, etc. This "void" you talk about sounds like "the path of tau" in tree of life language, but I think this is just a stage in your separation that you will learn to expedite with practice, which leads me to the power of air (the element), it is about extreme, precision like focus, skillful speed, and mastery of a field of practice. Do you have any sort of elemental based practice? Try meditating on one of the tattvas daily to balance your elemental nature.

I'm really just taking a general, literal interpretation of your message because I don't have the visual and emotional responses that you did, given time and contemplation on the symbol you may figure it out, but I wouldn't dwell too much on the messages at this point, you should focus on the practice.

Once you can verify certain things, (such as a symbol) then you can start to be more certain that the information you are receiving is valid. Ceremonial mages call this "testing" the entity, and symbols are one way to do it, but you will learn to discern this in time if you use your brain, (the qualities of the air element, which also includes a scientific-like skepticism as in dealing with this entity), being sharp as a sword, and moving about effortlessly. You can start to memorize the 777 (Crowley) tables, as being familiar with the nature, qualities, and even the "names" of these entities and forces is really the only way to "test" them, in practice. This will also give you a good roadmap as to what you should be doing (or where you should be going, rather) out there on the planes.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Reluun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Reluun »

I appreciate your thoughtful response. What you have said has sparked my curiosity.

Can you tell me more about how this void "sounds like "the path of tau""?

Can you share good ways to maintain awareness all day, good ways to expedite astral travel?

*I do not have an elemental-based practice, and this intrigues me because only today I picked up a work by Franz Bardon, "Initiation into The Hermetic", and Bardon describes the elements as the foundation of The Hermetic Sciences. Is there something you can share with me about these practices?

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

It connects Malkuth to Yesod, or the physical/astral realms, and it is characterized by Saturn, darkness, etc. Yesod is also connected with element air.

If you take that book seriously, you will advance quickly, safely, and methodically. This is one way to work on the awareness. One thing you can do is every time you go through a door way, or have a change of scenery, ask yourself, "who am i? who are these people? where am I? What am I doing? Why?" Then you can usually conclude "Am i dreaming or awake?" it might feel stupid to do this while you are awake, but our dreams are creatures of habit

Reluun
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Reluun »

Thank you for your reply.

I will perform the exercise that you have described. Furthermore I will be practicing as instructed in Bardon's book.

Now, if I take the words from my experience literally, and I determined that they were describing that I had an imbalance in air or my air element, whether in some gross or subtle form, then what might you suggest for correcting such an imbalance?

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by fraterai »

You will know best by creating the black and white mirror as outlined in the book. He gives enough guidelines for you to figure out the correspondences for air, but this is a little bit different than other systems in that you have to work out most of them, or have the freedom to assign what you think each element is in your mirror, this is part of the exercise and reflects your understanding of the elements as well.

So the "Bardonian" way would be to follow the exercises, you will see the imbalance, and to "correct" the qualities of yourself that you consider to be the imbalance. Then you will continue on to directly working with the elements and balancing them in your spirit/soul/physical vehicles. Bardon connects clairaudience to the air element so a sound-based sensory meditation/concentration exercise will increase your strength and attune you to the air element.

A non-Bardonian way would be to meditate on the air symbol, the air zodiac sign symbols, the air tattvas, etc., or ceremonial magic like pentagram rituals, prayers to the sylphs, or Raphael, etc. But you would want to make sure that your efforts are not causing more of an imbalance, in that you should make sure that you do the same for the other elements that are causing you trouble (and ultimately all of them regardless). This goes for any school of thought on the elements.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Reluun wrote:Greetings,

In this post I share an OBE I had, and a message I received. I request that someone with knowledge of evocations or invocations shed a little light on a goal that I have. Furthermore, I request someone more knowledgeable offer a little guidance on this path, on this discovery of the subtle wonders of this world.

I will preface my post by saying that I have not practiced ceremonial magick. While I have practiced mindfulness, hypnotism, tantra, and yoga, I consider myself an amateur practitioner simply due to my age (24).

I was practicing mindfulness while lying in bed, in an attempt to induce something like a lucid dream, which I have done only a few times in the past.

Per the usual, I found myself lost in a swamp of visions and impressions, typical of a dream. I had little critical factor, but rather just accepted my new surrounding and situations upon entering the dream. However, after some time, I was moving down a staircase in the dream, and at the foot of the staircase was a mirror.

When I looked into the mirror I saw that I had long, curly, red hair, which I know very well that I do not have.
"This is not me" I said to myself, and immediately my delusional dream reality vanished, and I was awash in the technicolor splendor of a new reality.

But within what felt like just a few dream minutes, I realized that I was being played the fool. "I am still dreaming," I thought to myself.

My reality vanished once more, and I was paralyzed in my bed. I was familiar with this phenomenon due to my extensive research, and I was prepared with a technique that I had read of several times for exiting my body in just such a situation.

I attempted to "roll out" of my body, and I did. My subtle body felt like it just peeled out of its shell, and I rolled out. Simple as that.

Upon rolling out of my body, I was in some sort of void. But it appeared as though I was penetrating some shadow, some veil. The veil was not threatening or scary, just awesome and all-encompassing.

As I proceeded to penetrate this veil, it required greater and greater mental effort. I began to feel that I was moving toward something, and finally--
I was through!

There was a swirling spiral-like ethereal smoke or vortex, and at the center was an ever-changing symbol. I cannot depict the symbol for you due to its ever-changing nature, or I would.

At the same time, I heard a voice speak to me, and I can only describe it as booming, authoritative, awesome.

After, I was returned to my body in a snap.

Here's where I could use some help, what is this voice telling me?

I raise this question because I have started learning about other occult subjects in greater detail, and I am becoming familiar with ceremonial magic, its paradigms, and also the hierarchy of entities within, and I'm not sure what I was talking to, or whether I should even put any stock in its comment. It certainly didn't seem malicious. But then again, I'm new to all of this.

I'm interested in learning to perceive the world in a new way, by whatever means. I feel this entity, even if its only a personification of some aspect of myself, was trying to offer some guidance. I think it was trying to help. I would like to put myself in touch with this aspect or entity, or one that is equally or more helpful, without "diving in the deep end" of the magick that people regularly warn is dangerous.

From reviewing the posts here, at least some of you claim to be genuinely knowledgeable with regard to invocations, evocations, and other magickal practices with which I am unfamiliar. My path through mindfulness and yoga thus far has been slow-going. I don't expect magick to be faster necessarily. Rather, I would just like to improve all of my skills, including magick, if it is indeed a worthwhile pursuit.

So what do you think, any hopes I could talk to this entity again? Any ideas? I suspect it will be hard without knowing what it is or any more information to go off of. I'm sorry I've left you all with such a puzzle. This really is all the information I have.

Thank you for your energy that works towards our resolution.
I'm not sure if this is relevant but I also saw something similar when I was scrying into a ghetto black mirror/turned off tube television screen.

This is what I saw in the black reflection when I was scrying:

I saw that I had fire for hair, black eyes and a very toned face.

I also kinda felt like I was really old in that reflection.

I still don't know what it means, so I'm guessing a demon.

Hope I helped in some way. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Go to youtube and do some research on: "Orb UFO".

They are being witnessed world wide now.

My family and I have even witnessed one.

They're either people and animals who are dead or people and or animals astral projecting. Some of them could be angels or demons. E.t.c.

That's what the voice probably meant.

It wants you to summon it or another spirit orb.

Ever heard of: "The prince of the power of the air"?

The spirits are usually in the sky. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Return to “Psychicism”