schizophenia+occult+remedy

phsyjoh
Forum Member
Forum Member

schizophenia+occult+remedy

Post by phsyjoh »

I have been searching on schizophenia occult remedy and i have found so many articles but no post has ever given me a satisfactory answer to my quest. I have noticed that most people like me being diagonised with schizophenia usually relate their illiness to a kind of spiritual perpective in a way that they wish to find solution through spiritual means and i noticed that most of them could not get better option that relative to their search or some do not specify their need in term of what will solve their problems, and i noticed that most of us really want to gain our stability against the spirit or power that is opressing us. What i just think is that i wish to open a forum like this to name what we are searching for one by one may be there is someone here to help find the result. Like me my search is that:

phsyjoh
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: schizophenia+occult+remedy

Post by phsyjoh »

I was diagonised with schizophenia and i claimed that it is lack of my spiritual conciousnes that worries me whereby i am in the mist of people who are spiritualy concious which gives them power over me in a way that i use to feel that they hypnotise me by using telephaty means to control me to their will my doctors did not believe this they call it hallucinaton. If there is someone here that knows a simple means by which i can gain spiritual conciousness and power to stand against my oppressors i will be very greatful. I have once suggested joining a cult or occult group, if i see someone that has a simple self initiation to a cult group i will beseech that person not to read this alone post without showing me the way.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Schizophrenia and the occult is a very very dangerous mix.

There is nothing wrong with having mental disorders, but you would never recommend marathon running to somebody in a wheelchair.

The reason is that the training for occult practices challenges and put pressures to a neophytes concept of reality and self-image. The pitfalls of occult training is narcissism, delusions and madness. Something that happens far to often. Very few people make it to the other side.

If you're already suffering from mental disorders your brain is not strong enough to handle the training that is necessary to achieve any form of results. It might sound cruel in this PK society when everybody is treated as a special snowflake, but unfortunately, you're simple not cut out for this.
You are much better of working within the psychological systems than within the occult systems.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

This may not be specifically occult, but I think it will be a good start for you.
http://www.rethinkingmadness.com/

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Rockdemon how did you find out about that book? Do you know how it compares to MCTB (mastering the core teachings of the buddha)?

I have actually dived head first into occult with schizophrenia. A rough ride and yet I still recommend it.

I personally am totally reliant on my spirits to help me stay alive on this planet. I think the key to surviving occult schizophrenia is to have no desires and sort of "pretend" you _want_ things in order to not disturb ordinary people and appear more normal. You kind of have to do meditation and mindfulness to accomplish this _AND_ _STAY_ _HAPPY_ as the mind is brainwashed at birth and very stubborn (caveat! always do meditation and mindfulness together or else the dark knight will pay a visit).

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

akimbomoss wrote:Rockdemon how did you find out about that book? Do you know how it compares to MCTB (mastering the core teachings of the buddha)?

I have actually dived head first into occult with schizophrenia. A rough ride and yet I still recommend it.

I personally am totally reliant on my spirits to help me stay alive on this planet. I think the key to surviving occult schizophrenia is to have no desires and sort of "pretend" you _want_ things in order to not disturb ordinary people and appear more normal. You kind of have to do meditation and mindfulness to accomplish this _AND_ _STAY_ _HAPPY_ as the mind is brainwashed at birth and very stubborn (caveat! always do meditation and mindfulness together or else the dark knight will pay a visit).
A friend of mine told me about it. I just speed read it yet however he had similar problems and psychiatrists and psychologist were throwing him from hand to hand and prescribing drugs as if testing those on him, finally he found this book and he's changed for the better now. As of how it compares to MCTB I do not know because I didn't read the MCTB. But I saw you mention it a few times here and the name is really catchy so I really would love to hear more about it if you wish to tell me.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Rockdemon,

Even now that I am off the drugs and doing fine with meditation and mindfulness I still had to see them to qualify for government subsidized housing kind of thing. They tried to push it on me again. My spirits told me to steer clear of drugs.

Anyway about MCTB. Daniel Ingram doesn't comment whether or not drugs should be taken for the mind - to his credit. Instead he mostly talks about "stream entry". Stream entry is basically what everybody wants and is more easy to define than enlightenment. For most purposes stream entry would be kind of a mostly enlightened state (it is not the same as awakening or A&P (arising-and-passing away)). He also does not say if you have such-and-such mental illness you can't do it. I've heard (from a seminar about mindfulness & meditation) that for people with bipolar depression they need to do mindfulness walking instead and (rumor from some webpage) for people with narcissist personality disorder it screws them up more. Either way everybody should do mindfulness walking sometimes. It works best when your ass is too sore from sitting down you do it until the time is up.

Determining when stream entry has occured is really tricky too and there is no hard rule. Sometimes people think they got it but didn't (was actually just an A&P). Just admitting you were wrong solves that. Sometimes you got it but there was no "fireworks". Sometimes there was a small firework but you're still not 100% sure due to strange situations. The point is that you can help your mental illness and do magick at the same time by doing something that is not scary to ordinary people. You can do it in your parent's house.

MCTB is a dense book. It took me 6 months to read it. I read it very slowly.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Hi,

Just wanted to add some things. I found a jewel in the rough sometime during my surfing. Ingram actually left something out in his book that I think is very important. I think it's good for people with schizophrenia. It's called "do nothing" and I used it more often than the noting during meditation. This is a "must see" for everybody on Occult Forum.

"Do Nothing" Meditation ~ Shinzen Young (~15 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6cdIaUZCA
Remember - the only desire/attachment you need is the desire for enlightenment.

Gravitation
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gravitation »

Are you familiar with Terence Mckenna's book the invisible landscape? The first few chapters compare the similarities and differences of shamanism and schizophrenia. It's not a practice or anything particularly occult in any traditional sense of the word, but you may find of it immense interest to say the least.

The rest of the book is interesting, but focuses on different subjects.

http://www.antipodiedizioni.com/testi_g ... e_1975.pdf

Desecrated wrote:Schizophrenia and the occult is a very very dangerous mix.

There is nothing wrong with having mental disorders, but you would never recommend marathon running to somebody in a wheelchair.

The reason is that the training for occult practices challenges and put pressures to a neophytes concept of reality and self-image. The pitfalls of occult training is narcissism, delusions and madness. Something that happens far to often. Very few people make it to the other side.

If you're already suffering from mental disorders your brain is not strong enough to handle the training that is necessary to achieve any form of results. It might sound cruel in this PK society when everybody is treated as a special snowflake, but unfortunately, you're simple not cut out for this.
You are much better of working within the psychological systems than within the occult systems.
I disagree with your perspective.

I see no reason to think that somebody cannot use a mystical or magical system if they have an abnormal brain structure. I think in the case of the OP, psychotherapeutic practice is entirely necessary before proceeding any further with occult practice, but I don't think you correct in assuming their brain, or anybody else who has suffered similarly, is not strong enough. Neuroplasticity is a reality. Mental discipline is a reality. Cognitive behavioral therapy is a reality. These are all avenues, in combination with the occult, to help such person emerge to the "other side" apparently you and only a select view were blessed by Divinity to reach... and no one else. That's just silly.
"Freedom is not something you can have if you are enslaved to your weaknesses." - Manly P. Hall

"History is a process of metamorphosis. It's a pupation stage. It begins with naked monkeys and it ends with a human-machine planet-girdling interphase capable of releasing the energies that light the stars, and it lasts about fifteen or twenty thousand years and during that period the entire process hangs in the balance." - Terence Mckenna

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

Schizophrenics are analogous to odd radio receivers that can tune into frequencies that typical ones can't.

:)

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Gravitation wrote: I see no reason to think that somebody cannot use a mystical or magical system if they have an abnormal brain structure.
I agree. Also just to clarify in the book Rethinking Madness it says there has been no evidence whatsoever that schizophrenia is caused by a physical brain abnormality that didn't happen from a physical injury. It points to genetics and mostly abuse from others as the most likely causes. I am still trying to make it to the end of this book.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I would just like to emphasize, that aside from the disabling aspects of this condition. You know, all the negative stuff. It could be quite useful in Occult Practice. I mean, some people take drugs to reduce or eliminate visual and audio manifestations; they call it Schizophrenia. Others take drugs to induce these things and they call it Shamanism.

My GF used to have Schizophrenia(or still does?), and seems to be sensitive to spiritual activity and notices phenomena many times when I don't.

Depends on a few factors, but can be quite useful for Occult Practice as I see it!

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Gravitation
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Gravitation »

akimbomoss wrote:
Gravitation wrote: I see no reason to think that somebody cannot use a mystical or magical system if they have an abnormal brain structure.
I agree. Also just to clarify in the book Rethinking Madness it says there has been no evidence whatsoever that schizophrenia is caused by a physical brain abnormality that didn't happen from a physical injury. It points to genetics and mostly abuse from others as the most likely causes. I am still trying to make it to the end of this book.
I'll have to read through the book everybody is referencing here...

But the physiological, biochemical, and neuroanatomical features of schizophrenia is complicated, and difficult to define. The DSM itself is actually based on observable, mutually occurring patterns of behavior, not distinct anatomical features or physiological anomalies. The functioning brain of one schizophrenic can be just as variable compared to a another schizophrenic brain as it is between any kinds of people. All brains contain some level of definably normal features and abnormal features, but these features have no direct indication of the development of specific mental disorders in some people and not others. Schizophrenia itself is often applied as an umbrella term for any psychiatric enigma.

Chemical imbalance theories do not hold up in the light of hard facts. and research in genetics has not yet reached a conclusion. Every so often I will see an article on science daily or elsewhere on how a new gene is related to the expression of schizophrenia, and perhaps this is true. And if it is then may science prevail on this frontier, but the current data does not give us an absolute macroscopic perspective of the illness at any physical level.

EDIT: DNA has provided the human species with a number of options, just in case a catastrophic or sudden environmental change were to take place. In such an instance all of the once seemingly maladaptive or inert features would take prominence along the cutting edge of genetic evolution, guiding a new form of development. The normal brain exists only in the context of Western civilization, as defined by cultural values. If the functioning brain of an individual does not immediately benefit or work towards the advantage of that civilization then the user of that brain is deemed unfit int that context and termed mentally ill.
"Freedom is not something you can have if you are enslaved to your weaknesses." - Manly P. Hall

"History is a process of metamorphosis. It's a pupation stage. It begins with naked monkeys and it ends with a human-machine planet-girdling interphase capable of releasing the energies that light the stars, and it lasts about fifteen or twenty thousand years and during that period the entire process hangs in the balance." - Terence Mckenna

Return to “Psychicism”