Precognition control?

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Precognition control?

Post by CerberusAbove36 »

So a little bit about this particular situation. As far as I'm aware precognition can be traced back to my great grandmother. It usually happens while sleeping, but it can happen while awake and when that happens usually we (my mother and I) fall into a sleep like trance that can be resisted thankfully. There was one time when I heard things about 5 minutes before they actually happened and that lasted for about a minute. I don't know what exactly is relavent to this so I'm going to list some additional deltails that might be.

As far as I'm aware I'm the only male in my family to inherent it.
I'm 21
I do meditate (hasn't been beneficial or harmful to this)
I usually see about 20 days annually(no specific time from the day I see)

I would very much love to learn control over it as resisting a trance while driving is mildy annoying and kind of dangerous.

Cerber

Re: Precognition control?

Post by Cerber »

You mean you have an epilepsy?

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cerber wrote:You mean you have an epilepsy?
I believe you mean seizures as epilepsy is the overall condition, I'm not trying to be rude I'm just rather persnickety about technicalities, and I would suppose that it could very well be considered an absent seizure but I still maintain complete motor awareness including awarness to auditory and visual stimuli. Also there is no family history of epilepsy in either side of my family.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

CerberusAbove36 wrote:
I believe you mean seizures as epilepsy is the overall condition, I'm not trying to be rude I'm just rather persnickety about technicalities, and I would suppose that it could very well be considered an absent seizure but I still maintain complete motor awareness including awarness to auditory and visual stimuli. Also there is no family history of epilepsy in either side of my family.
I meant as an "overall condition". Seizures can be caused by variety of reasons.
If you are able to maintain complete awareness and motor functions, what's the problem? Your earlier post implied that's wasn't the case.

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cerber wrote:
CerberusAbove36 wrote:
I meant as an "overall condition". Seizures can be, and be caused by variety of reasons.
If you are able to maintain complete awareness and motor functions, what's the problem? Your earlier post implied that's wasn't the case.
Its the comings and gowings. I don't like having to fight drowsiness out of nowhere. The problem is more the lack of control over it. I'd like to learn how to fine tune this ability to see into the future. If I could trigger at my own leisure it would be nice, but if there's no way to its not a terrible inconvenience. It only happens maybe once every 3 years in my waking hours.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

what have you tried so far?

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cerber wrote:what have you tried so far?
So far I've tried meditation, and a lot of reading with huge inconsistencies in the reading. I'm more a dabbler in the occult, being a man of science being unable to explain or find an explanation I turned to the occult to find some sort of advice or answer.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

CerberusAbove36 wrote:
Cerber wrote:what have you tried so far?
So far I've tried meditation, and a lot of reading with huge inconsistencies in the reading. I'm more a dabbler in the occult, being a man of science being unable to explain or find an explanation I turned to the occult to find some sort of advice or answer.
I used to have an array of mental issues, from mild to severe. My brain seemed to be glitching at random in variety of ways. My circuits shorting here and there causing moments of some kind of sensory overload, where pin drop or a quiet conversation at the far end of the house seemed unbearably loud, or distorted time perception where everything around me seemed to be moving extremely fast, or extremely slow. Or getting stuck in some wacky extended dejavu loop, reliving the present like a memory, toppled it all with some seizures every now and then. Did plenty of medical tests and developed plenty of health problems due to pills they were feeding me. But that's besides the point. I got it all "under control" when I introduce alcohol and tobacco in to my daily diet. But actual control was never my intent, I just wanted my machinery to operate at it's "optimal designed parameters".
You, on the other hand, if I understand it right, want to actually control and use it to your benefit at your own time and place. But I don't think I fully understand what are you experiencing. Can you describe in detail those moments? what do you feel, hear, see? Have you ever tried to induce it your self?

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Can you describe in detail those moments? what do you feel, hear, see? Have you ever tried to induce it your self?
The visions are incredibly detailed. I can describe everything except for taste, that being said I never was eating in these visions. I have tried to induce it with little luck. I did start keeping a dream journal to keep track of what i see, as I typically see months in advance.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

CerberusAbove36 wrote:
Can you describe in detail those moments? what do you feel, hear, see? Have you ever tried to induce it your self?
The visions are incredibly detailed. I can describe everything except for taste, that being said I never was eating in these visions. I have tried to induce it with little luck. I did start keeping a dream journal to keep track of what i see, as I typically see months in advance.
how does it feel being in that moment? if you focus on your self and not the surroundings

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

how does it feel being in that moment? if you focus on your self and not the surroundings
It honestly feels no different than living through it. When your dreaming, or at least when I'm dreaming I can tell it's a dream, but when having one of these visions it feels indistinguishable from life. My state of mind in these visions is usually pretty apathetic.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Seems a bit unusual, there should be something out of ordinary, a sensation, a sound or even a flavour. Some kind of pointer that leads to the pathway through which it this "glitch" occurs. You sure there is nothing?

CerberusAbove36
Forum Member
Forum Member

Yeah, I'm positive there wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

CerberusAbove36 wrote:Yeah, I'm positive there wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
I got no bearing then

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

To the OP, I'd recommend reading through Colin Wilson's The Occult and Beyond the Occult. He wrote a fair bit of useful information concerning this type of experience. I recall that he said experiences of seeing the past or future would usually happen when the experiencer entered a state of total relaxation. That could explain why it happens in your sleep more often than waking. It happening on the road also makes sense, considering that many people experience "highway hypnosis." Given what little I know about this sort of thing, it seems it would be possible to train and replicate the results.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Return to “Psychicism”