Astral kaleidoscope: The VOID

Cerber

Astral kaleidoscope: The VOID

Post by Cerber »

For our archives, may they live long and prosper!
I seem to have almost natural affinity for darker places.. But then again, for various reasons, it's so much easier to publicly tell stories about darker and sinister ones, rather than the lighter and more innocent domains/planes. Anyone would probably have their own different take on what it is and how it looks like, so this is more like a short intro on certain plane of existence (or non-existence) that I conveniently call "the Void".

The VOID
Like oceans of our own physical world seem to have certain boundary for life, mostly only as deep as the light can reach. And going deeper almost nothing can live, almost. So does the universe, our greater existence, a spiritual/astral existence, have certain layer, which is devoid of light. But it's not exactly "a place" per se, because words like "place" or "realm" would indicate certain boundaries, while Void is boundless and eternal, or so it seems. If everything would be somehow deleted of our universe, all the matter, all the light and energy, physical and non physical, the very last thing to remain would be that - the Void. And when the last lights go out in our universe many trillion years later, and then many trillion years when all atoms in our physical universe evaporate, and all the energy in other dimensions fades, the Void will be feasting on the corpse of existence for the rest of eternity.
Void is the bottom layer, that collects all that was lost and forgotten. I personally believe all road and paths eventually lead to void. But while very bottom of the oceans is quite a distance away, it's not exactly the same with the void, it's always very near, at least for those of us that dwell a bit higher, but our existence for those who find them selves stuck in the void - is almost infinitely far, almost unreachable in most cases.
While Void, to the most part, should be place of non-existence, life always find a way. There is certainly "life" there, even if often bizarre by our standards, sometimes even grotesque. Life that learned to live on scrappiest scarps, and life that have not ever known concepts karma, morals, good or evil, or even if they known any of those, they long forgotten everything. It's the law of the jungle in it's purest, most raw form.
There is no light there, yet once your eyes adjust to that thick blackness you might start to different shades of the black. But you might see some specks of light in a distance, don't be deceived, all the light there is false. Almost like all the light in deepest parts of our oceans is just bioluminescence coming from predators, so in the void it's better to keep your distance from all the "light" there.
And shining your own light is not a great idea either. It will attract a lot of attention of all kinds.
And then void have some other "features". Once you enter Void, Void enters you, and all that was hidden and suppressed within, tend to come out. All your fears, shames and insecurities, all your demons, Void will give form and shape to it all. It will manifest all your nightmares on the spot in a very high resolution and more. So it would be highly recommended to do a lot of homework on self, for all adventurers planning journey in to Void, beforehand.
Despite the name "Void" and general notion of "non existence", void does have strange and bizarre pockets of existence here and there. But "life" in those usually take very "unusual" forms, there often "creatures" that neither dead nor alive by any known definition. Some of it even looks like something or someone tried to create life from just distorted fragments of memory of what life should look like. "Silent Hill" comes to mind, not 100% accurate but they got pretty close to the general vibe.
But those usually are just a "critters" of sorts. Truly bothersome entities don't bother with ascetics at all, and instead take on the most efficient form for their environment, those usually glide through the darkness of void on their many tentacles like whales.
And yet, despite all that, void is great place for many things. In some cases it's best place to go, if one is looking for some more exotic ingredients for own magic works and experiments. But as the saying goes "Once in Rome, do as Romans do", same goes for the void, do your best to blend in with the crowd, if you found your self in such place intentionally or accidentally.
May you have exciting adventures and be back with nothing missing, nor with anything extra!

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Astral kaleidoscope: The VOID

Post by Amor »

Pralaya (devanāgarī: प्रलय) is a Sanskrit word that means "dissolution" or "melting away" ... In Hinduism, it refers to a period where the universe is in a state of non-existence, which happens when the three gunas or qualities of matter are in perfect balance.
https://theosophy.wiki/en/Pralaya

Thus there is thought to be a cyclical process whereby Existence vanishes along with Life.

As far as I can see, before Existence is Beingness and when Existence is gone, Beingness remains until it moves to experience Existence again.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Amor wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:21 am Pralaya (devanāgarī: प्रलय) is a Sanskrit word that means "dissolution" or "melting away" ... In Hinduism, it refers to a period where the universe is in a state of non-existence, which happens when the three gunas or qualities of matter are in perfect balance.
https://theosophy.wiki/en/Pralaya

Thus there is thought to be a cyclical process whereby Existence vanishes along with Life.

As far as I can see, before Existence is Beingness and when Existence is gone, Beingness remains until it moves to experience Existence again.
Could be, in theory, although I this very moment I don't quite see how everything can or would restart again, once gone. But on the other hand, known existence is not likely to go away for many trillions of years, so the whole thing is a bit too far away to be a concern. Although it might become at some point, but I'm guessing by then me and descendants of human race will be "living" inside some travelling black hole or something similar, and the entire our perception of reality and realities will be more equipped to solve those questions. I trust in progress.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

The principle of pralaya is thought to operate at many scales - micro to macro

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

The neat thing about infinite inky blackness is that it's a mirror. A better mirror than any looking glass.
With rare exceptions, what you see there is naught but what you bring with you.
It's not really empty, but it's so vast and 'relatively' empty, that unless you have a pre-arranged meeting, anything you see there is most likely just something within yourself. And you likely will see something, the human mind doesn't like to stare into nothingness for long.

Also, it's a lovely blank canvas on which to paint. Workings, ideas, explorations, unlimited floor space too. Sometimes you want to blow a smoke ring, but you can't do that in wind, and wind and smoke rings are a metaphor for just about anything really, so the nothingness of nothing is incredibly convenient for the doing of anything.

The void was the primary dojo of my learning. Although I also really like the uh... I'll call it "the flows". like currents of vast energy, webwork of rivers flowing in 3-D all over the place.

Just to be clear though, don't let people confuse the void with the shadow of the physical world. the shadow is dark too, but it's an extraordinarily hostile place, definitely not on the recommended tour route. The physical world is there, but seems like immovable hard obsidian. and the only reason i can think to go there would be to 'try' to communicate with a tortured soul stuck there (good luck, they're completely insane), or to try experiments with telekinesis (since it has a direct link to the physical world), although I didn't have any luck with that.
Cerber wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:22 am Truly bothersome entities don't bother with ascetics at all, and instead take on the most efficient form for their environment, those usually glide through the darkness of void on their many tentacles like whales.
"bothersome"?
ouch
and how do you know they never bother with aesthetics?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 pm
Cerber wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:22 am Truly bothersome entities don't bother with ascetics at all, and instead take on the most efficient form for their environment, those usually glide through the darkness of void on their many tentacles like whales.
"bothersome"?
ouch
and how do you know they never bother with aesthetics?
Well I don't know for sure if they truly never bother with aesthetics lol I just never observe those doing so. At least not while they are "in their element".
On the other hand, I observed some void entities begin to bother with aesthetics and appearances once they leave "their element". So, perhaps, it depends?..
The neat thing about infinite inky blackness is that it's a mirror. A better mirror than any looking glass.
With rare exceptions, what you see there is naught but what you bring with you.
It's not really empty, but it's so vast and 'relatively' empty, that unless you have a pre-arranged meeting, anything you see there is most likely just something within yourself. And you likely will see something, the human mind doesn't like to stare into nothingness for long.

Also, it's a lovely blank canvas on which to paint. Workings, ideas, explorations, unlimited floor space too. Sometimes you want to blow a smoke ring, but you can't do that in wind, and wind and smoke rings are a metaphor for just about anything really, so the nothingness of nothing is incredibly convenient for the doing of anything.

The void was the primary dojo of my learning. Although I also really like the uh... I'll call it "the flows". like currents of vast energy, webwork of rivers flowing in 3-D all over the place.

Just to be clear though, don't let people confuse the void with the shadow of the physical world. the shadow is dark too, but it's an extraordinarily hostile place, definitely not on the recommended tour route. The physical world is there, but seems like immovable hard obsidian. and the only reason i can think to go there would be to 'try' to communicate with a tortured soul stuck there (good luck, they're completely insane), or to try experiments with telekinesis (since it has a direct link to the physical world), although I didn't have any luck with that.
There seem to be so many different definitions of "Void" around, but I've yet to find one I could truly disagree with. We all seem to see something different there, and how we each perceive that entire plane differs a bit, or a lot.
But like I said "Anyone would probably have their own different take on what it is and how it looks like, so this is more like a short intro on certain plane of existence (or non-existence) that I conveniently call "the Void". "
And is "my Void" is the same "void" someone else is referring to? Who can say for sure..
Mirror it is. A very peculiar one. One of my, let's say "companion spirit", is from there, and he has one peculiar trait - every time he's near, all the darkest shadows of my mind, heart and soul, all the disturbing, bothersome, pesky little things of my being that I'd rather have hidden away to the deepest corners of my mind and never to be remembered, all those things come forth. So in a way, whenever he arrives, he don't come alone, he bring me too, the whole of me, which to my surprise is rather unpleasant experience. At least, it was first few times. It took a while to get used to my own "full" presence, in his presence..

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:52 am Well I don't know for sure if they truly never bother with aesthetics lol I just never observe those doing so. At least not while they are "in their element".
On the other hand, I observed some void entities begin to bother with aesthetics and appearances once they leave "their element". So, perhaps, it depends?..
I think you missed my teasing tone ;)
There seem to be so many different definitions of "Void" around, but I've yet to find one I could truly disagree with. We all seem to see something different there, and how we each perceive that entire plane differs a bit, or a lot.
But like I said "Anyone would probably have their own different take on what it is and how it looks like, so this is more like a short intro on certain plane of existence (or non-existence) that I conveniently call "the Void". "
And is "my Void" is the same "void" someone else is referring to? Who can say for sure..
I agree.
(just reading what I wrote though, i want to point out that when i said "the flows", i was referring to another plane, not describing how I see the void)
Mirror it is. A very peculiar one. One of my, let's say "companion spirit", is from there, and he has one peculiar trait - every time he's near, all the darkest shadows of my mind, heart and soul, all the disturbing, bothersome, pesky little things of my being that I'd rather have hidden away to the deepest corners of my mind and never to be remembered, all those things come forth. So in a way, whenever he arrives, he don't come alone, he bring me too, the whole of me, which to my surprise is rather unpleasant experience. At least, it was first few times. It took a while to get used to my own "full" presence, in his presence..
that sounds very very very familiar.

I'd call it the introductory chapter in the curriculum of Know Thyself. It's a pretty long study course ;)

I get the impression I did that chapter in the same location, with somewhat similar company.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:51 pm
that sounds very very very familiar.

I'd call it the introductory chapter in the curriculum of Know Thyself. It's a pretty long study course ;)

I get the impression I did that chapter in the same location, with somewhat similar company.
By that example from my personal experience, I mainly meant, yes, I agree, void is a kind "black mirror", and that aspect of the void in not limited to the plane. Those who are of the void, will carry that aspect wherever they go.
But at the same time, I'd like to add, I personally see it as transitional phase, it may be the first thing one must face entering that plane, to face self, own full self, face and accept it, make peace with it and so on. But it's not all there is. In a way (at least in my own personal gnosis) to explore the "beauty" of the Void, one has to face and accept own ugliness first, to became one with that space first. In some way, to some degree at least. Or something a long the lines.
But like, it's fine, it's only a mild discomfort at first, it gets easier later on :P no need to fear own self too much.
Purely theoretically though. Because in practical sense, if anyone would ask "Should I do it, should I go there?" - I don't think I could ever give straight answer. I don't think I could recommend "Journey in the Void" as a medicine to any kind of ailment, or as a sure solution to any kind of problem in existence. I may have some vague sense what awaits there, but there is no sure way of knowing who or what will came back from it, if anything.
Those who go, don't usually come back being "better", they usually just come back "stranger".

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Cerber wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:22 pm Those who go, don't usually come back being "better", they usually just come back "stranger".
depends on how you define "better"

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Kath wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:21 am
Cerber wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:22 pm Those who go, don't usually come back being "better", they usually just come back "stranger".
depends on how you define "better"
yes, depends

Return to “Psychicism”