Coincidence?

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Coincidence?

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm When I find something which was trying to hide, but I have a reason to find it (which is usually the case when something thinks it has a reason to hide actually), I kinda lock onto it's energy signature immediately, grapple it's energy body, and also uh... "envelope the arena".
Yep, sounds familiar. I also "envelope the arena" or put a energy cage around it (if I remember to do that, been doing that for a few weeks now), but I don't sense the energy signature at all. I see visually what's going on and that's about it :(

But it's also easy to grab or push anything in sight, even if it looks like it's really far away. I can easily grab it and pull it next to me or push away at will.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm And the kinda locking onto the energy signature in that first moment of contact... I mean, where is there to run then really? It's like their spiritual name, phone number, & address.
I'd like to know more how to sense the enregy signature and what it feels like. I want to know if I'm somehow handicappedin that department. Then again I did sense the creepy crawlies entity last week when it arrived and decided to use me as a diner. So I guess there must be something there. Not sure how to do it at will.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm And I noticed a spot where I felt a reflex to just to skim past that area. At first I thought, "damn Kate, you're losing focus, lets start over" so I started over, and I lost focus in the same spot. And that was kinda an "aha!" moment.

So I just stared into that spot, and kinda drilled through the "nothing to see here" effect. And I broke through, and for a moment the entity lost composure.
After reading this, I tried exactly what you described a few days ago with success. Focusing on the elusive entity was fairly hard but I did manage to uncover it eventually. I'm not sure what kind of entity it was which was revealed by the above approach. But I kinda gave it an astral spanking for spying on me. I rarely do anything else to entities than tell them to go away, but this entity had been evading me for awhile now. I'm pretty sure it's already back again... I don't like stalkers :-/

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm Then it did what I'd call a kind of "fear blast". just a very strong emotive energy wave, which was heavily laced with the sensation of fear. Not like it was afraid of me, but um... it's difficult to describe, but an "assertive sort of fear", like it was trying to make me feel afraid.
Yep, the creepy crawlies did the same, at least judging by the creepies and crawlies I had. Didn't give in to it much but still it was a bit unconfortable feeling.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm The particular 'flavor' of that fear was a perfect match for the flavor of fear which was permeating my bad dream.
I really need to ramp up my training in discovering myself, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Then maybe I get to sense those things properly as well... one day...

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm I was really shocked at how fragile it was. It was like it's energy body had no resilience at all. Which would have made sense, if I had realized it was a bait & switch, and that I had dismembered an empty shell of energy.
Hmm, that's very interesting actually. How common is that decoy thing with entities you've encountered so far?

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm However, the confusing word-salad was actually what in hypnosis is called an "interrupt".
Yep, I'm familiar with the technique. I was about to mention that Derren Brown uses it all the time but you beat me to it ;-)

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm It didn't speak english, but it emoted the general sentiment of submission. I visited it numerous times after that. It wasn't much of a communicator. It was kinda like having an outdoor pet cat ...a blurry line between whether you actually have a cat, or you're just annoying a stray.
Why not take it as a pet then? :-) Could be useful.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm
I've received information through various ways which would point to the idea of The Chameleon being a person (human). This would only make sense to me if a human mind can somehow be almost permanently connected to another person's mind
Could be a construct. A more advanced construct can seem sentient (possibly 'be' sentient). Or uh, like a "splinter" of the person? Or maybe something left behind which is more internal to your mind, like a lingering suggestion. I think there's multiple ways to get to a 24/7 effect.
I'm fairly convinced it's some kind of psychic/spiritual connection which exists at all times. Kinda like one with a valve on it so you can turn it on/off but it's still there.

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm Your absolute worst case scenario is an amazingly bold and inspired effort. Just, don't think about that while doing it ;) While doing it, you're an unstoppable force of nature, and the result you're attempting is as inevitable as gravity. Like, to the extent of almost a controlled frenzy or a sort of zeal. Channel your inner berserker, with control, even subtlety, perceptiveness, and thoughtfulness... but ferocious Will.
How much emotion do you usually use when doing all that? I've heard couple of times that emotion is the fuel of magick spells and intention+thought are their specifications.

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm Also, think outside the box ;) that helps too. For example, you can play 8 chess grandmasters "simultaneously", and beat 4 of them.
You don't even need to know how to play chess. Just copy their moves to a paired partner you're keeping track of in your mind. And then they're actually playing each other, you're just an intermediary.
Fan of a Derren Brown it seems :)

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm Frater U.D. (a very good occult author best known in chaos magic circles) wrote a nice essay on Models of Magic. I think it could also be interpreted as models of general occult mindset (paradigm), not just the practice of magic.
http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chao ... model.html
Thanks! I'll read that.

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm Personally, I think churches do a lot of magic work. Not all of them, but a lot of them. They don't call it magic. But, I used to be a 'true believer' based in no small part on witnessing such things first hand. I have since then realized there is a difference between the idea that their magic works pretty good, and the idea that their dogma/paradigm is true.
I've noticed that if you believe something works or is true, it starts affecting our reality one way or another.

One very interesting thing I noticed is that around year 2000 I was developing story and character ideas. I put lots of thought and emotion into the process and really delved deep into imagining what the character must feel in the situations I put them into. Fast forward 15 years and I noticed that a lot of those ideas started happening to me personally. One of the characters lived in another country, in a very specific city and was doing specific things. Around 2015 I had almost by accident moved to that same country and the same exact city, was doing very similar things (and also identical things), none of which I did back in 2000. Fast forward a few years till last year and most of the stuf in the other stories I put most emotion and thought to started manifesting themselves in my own life. I think you're doing magick every time you focus intently on art and put lots of emotion to it.

So if you want to experience something in your life, write a story. Put lots of time an energy into imagining really vividly long periods of time what your main character sees and feels and experiences in your story. What does your main character do? Why? Etc... Put maybe 20-30 hours of that kind of work to one story. Then wait for couple of years and see what happens. I hope Stephen King is alright...

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm The creepy chills thing is a kinda interesting 2-way street. either side can initiate it, but it can kinda take on a life of it's own.
Very interesting. I remember that I somehow first saw in my minds eye something creepy entity like. Then immediately got the chills. Very shortly after I did a bit of meditation + spotting extra entities and there it was, easy to see.

Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm
I've heard a warning that if you ask universe to teach you something to a high level of skill, you'll get into situations you won't enjoy at all.

I just want to quote that again for emphasis. I'm intimately, INTIMATELY, familiar with that.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Or hurts like hell... ;)
Seeker of truth.
God is the thought of/about something.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

OneOfFourth wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:18 pm Yep, sounds familiar. I also "envelope the arena" or put a energy cage around it (if I remember to do that, been doing that for a few weeks now), but I don't sense the energy signature at all. I see visually what's going on and that's about it :(

But it's also easy to grab or push anything in sight, even if it looks like it's really far away. I can easily grab it and pull it next to me or push away at will.

I'd like to know more how to sense the enregy signature and what it feels like. I want to know if I'm somehow handicappedin that department. Then again I did sense the creepy crawlies entity last week when it arrived and decided to use me as a diner. So I guess there must be something there. Not sure how to do it at will.
Hmmm, I think the difference between an empathic impression of some being, and sensing it's energy signature, is just a difference of depth vs. superficiality. The core nature of a being tends to have multiple facets, some of which are not necessarily 'active' at a given time. A being may be very much within a particular facet (among a range of possible frames of mind) at a particular encounter. But a sort of deeper sense of the subject reveals some of the nuance of structure, not all of which is making noise at the moment. I think you could approach it as a subtle nuanced overtone to the empathic feel of a subject. But it might be more accurate to say that it's sort of a probing of the wiring & plumbing, both active & inactive, particularly at the core of the subject's energy body.

Catch a coworker on a bad day, and use that alone to judge their nature, and you might think they are lousy company. But even with a superficial read of someone, there's usually 'tells', which speak to the underlying complexity of their nature. Is there a subtle hint of frustration? That would speak to the idea that they'd rather have a different demeanor than what they do right now. I might just smile and say "are you ok?". Alternatively, maybe there's a hint of predatory excitement... in which case you've got a textbook 'bully', and I would be almost shockingly unpleasant if that were the case. Or perhaps not. Depends, is it tinged with low self esteem? Or sadism? Anyway, that's just kinda 1 step beyond a very superficial empathic read on someone. So if a superficial read on someone is 'A', then 1 step further into their mind is 'B'

Take that to an extreme though, really dive deep into their mind/energy, and their core is there ( 'C' through 'Z' ). Um, it's 'intrusive' to probe deep like that. I tend to just do it anyway.

Once you have a nuanced, detailed, sense of their energy (Only some of which really seems like psychological machinations, some of it seems like energy-resonance or light body substance), then it's very easy to create a connection with that sentience again. It's as simple as dwelling on that remembered sensation of them. I could see memory being an issue. It's not like remembering a code, it's more like remembering a work of art, it's texture, style, meaning, emotional evocation, etc. If you knew several works of art from an artist very very well, you could probably be shown a work of art by that same artist and identify it's creator accurately. It's a bit like that.

Anyway, with astral/OBE I like to say "focus is location". In the sense that what you focus on, dwell on, etc. really defines where you go, and what you interact with. In a more general sense, if you astrally project with just a mood, you'll likely go somewhere fitting to that mood, or interact with something which mirrors that mood (either as a match for it, or as a reciprocal opposite mirror image). Basically if you're in a dark frame of mind, and you OBE, you're going to have a dark time. hehe.

Now increase the nuance, detail, and specificity... and instead of it being a connection to a general theme, it can be a connection to a specific entity. Like you're resonating with their quintessential nature. The unique fingerprint of their energy.

Um, but i'm not sure I'm describing particularly well the part where you lean into their mind/energy and initially probe it. It's tricky to outline it well. I do it on instinct. But I didn't always. When I was younger, I found other people to be very much a mystery. So how to quantify the shift... hmmm.

Um, in my freshman year of high school, I was socially inept (probably many people could say that hehe). But lets say more socially inept than average. I wasn't on a nerd/autist level of socially inept hehe. But I didn't understand other people very well. I mean obviously that was true before my freshman year of HS, but it was around the end of my freshman year of HS that I decided I would try to change. I reasoned that I lacked an intuitive sense of other people, BUT, I had a lot of spare IQ points... so why not apply that strength to the task of shoring up my weakness?

I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (Dale Carnegie) that summer. (by the way, the title of that book is more cynical sounding than the content). And applying that was "helpful", I was encouraged by early success. I read another book by uh... who was it... I wanna say Eric Berne, but it might have been someone who studied under him. Anyway it was about Transactional Analysis. Basically it applied freudian psychology in understanding interpersonal interactions. I'm not really a fan of freudian psychology, but that was a very inspired take on it. It kind of breaks down the frame of mind of any given person at any given moment into a 'child', 'parent', or 'adult' mindset (mirroring id, superego, and ego, respectively), and examines how that actually plays out in practice.

I did some delving into fashion, and body language interpretation. I studied a LOT of psychology, and some self help books, etc. By the end of HS I was arguably pretty socially adept (rather than inept). But by then, it had become a "hobby of mine"(tm), and I sometimes explore hobbyist topics to a very exhaustive degree. This was an example.

In college I took an awful lot of psych classes. Also, when my interest is piqued, I have a voracious appetite for learning. I can recall skipping classes sometimes simply because I was in the library reading something interesting, and I didn't want to stop to go to a class which would disseminate knowledge much more slowly. There was a 400 level class on adolescent psychology which was especially insightful, and full of a lot of raw data.

Basically I taught myself how to be extremely knowledgeable about reading between the lines in interpersonal interactions (which was what I identified as "my problem" very early on). And when I was still in HS, before a year had passed, it became obvious that I was learning far too much information to handle it mathematically in real life situations. So I kinda transmuted the data I was absorbing into a sort of "informed sense of things". I couldn't really just sit and do a detailed analysis on the fly. I'd spend all my time analyzing and none of it interacting if I did that. I had to translate large quantities of detailed knowledge into a more artistic 'feel for it'. Basically drawing down complex equations with many variables to be handled in a manner more like hand-eye coordination. Crafting a gut instinct, out of far too much knowledge to use efficiently if it wasn't condensed.

Learned some NLP, dabbled with hypnotism, more exploring the mind...

I did not get as good at these things as Darren Brown ;) But, I was leaning kinda that way.

Then I had a major religious paradigm shift. I basically quit the church. One thing I very much didn't see eye to eye with someone like Darren, was that I have plenty of first hand experience with psychic perceptions. I love a rational mindset, so I kinda still lean away from the "I Want to Believe" croud. And one of the reasons I quit the church was due to disappointment from uncovering circular logic in it. So I'm very 'sciency' hehe. But with a large body of personal experiences which says "yeah... this is all much more complicated than is currently touted to be the case in the scientific community". I mean, explicit precognition for example. That's a causality violation. My "yes but..." relationship with science extends even to conflicting data vs fundamentals of theoretical physics and neuroscience.

Anyway, i'm making this too long. The point is, I started delving into the occult at that point. My religious thinking was "If not this? then what exactly?" although I was not anxious to get involved with any more dogma. But I had questions without answers. And I was unwilling to sweep first hand experiences under the rug to make things simpler.

What's relevant here though. Is that I carried that amateur? expert? lets go with "high level enthusiast" ...'inter-mind' vein of study with me into this new territory of occult study. So, almost as an automatic habit, I was making notations all along the way, about how the inter-sentience transactions worked. Sort of psychology, cognitive science, and 'mentalism', applied through the lens of "how does all this work if there actually is another, very significant layer to it?". Basically, what would Darren Brown ponder, if he woke up one day and found himself robbed of his completely secular point of view.

Hypnotism comes from Mesmerism. While hypnotism expresses it's function as entirely psychological, mesmerism dealt with ideas like "force of Will", uh, snake charming, forced involuntary hypnotism, primal negotiations between living things (like predator/prey, or mating), etc. Instead of relaxation, mesmerism tended to lean more on a 'penetrating gaze' (like Dracula in very old black & white movies). All very interesting if there was in fact some substance to reality upon which 'force of will' could apply traction as a tangible force... ;)

Up until that point, I was 'masking' social anxiety, behind a facade of social skills. I was forcing myself to kinda just 'bear it', and 'bury it', in order to be able to be socially dynamic and engaging. But then it occurred to me the idea that my social anxiety 'could' in fact be a natural reaction to tangible, real, forces which were at play. I tinkered with things. Very rapidly I came to regard my social anxiety as uncontrolled empathy. In a very short period of time, working within this theoretical model, I "fixed" my social anxiety. I felt like I was really onto some important understandings.

Oh wow, I just realized a key issue in sensing the energy signature and mind of another being. Definitely 'fixing' my social anxiety was a prerequisite. I had to be able to just 'sense' others without that creating an involuntary reaction within myself. With social anxiety, I didn't want to make eye contact, because all the interactions which occurred were just so overwhelming. Without social anxiety... whole different story. And bear in mind, that I think everyone has at least "a little" social anxiety. So that's relevant here for anyone I think.

Early on I was trying to create 'energy structures', like a shield for example. Trying to basically work with energy flows in a very mechanical way. Eventually I came to kinda regard energy through a more uh... what does Dr Who say about time? “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.” Really it's a pretty weak explanation for how time works, but I'm reminded of the kind of vague 'not really sure how to put it to words' vibe of that quote. Basically more just kind of directing will to influence energy in ways which don't necessarily make sense from a 3-D mechanical standpoint. Sort of applying 3-D chess to the 2-D realm of energy manipulation, and with greater emphasis on Will, intent, inobvious causal relationships, etc. A bit like I touched on in the example of how to loosen a nut, possibly not by crafting a wrench, but by 'being the nut, and spinning'. Almost more like infecting one's energetic surroundings with Will and Intent, on a very fundamental level, with greater impact than if you were working with visualized energy structures. I always understood the visualizations in energy manipulation to be "probably representative", rather than literal. So, I just side-step that representational process, to try to work directly with the substance of what's being done. And at that point, it's kind of entirely within a personal language of tactile experience for which there is no good way to translate it into english that I can think of. Instead of "i don't want that energy to go from there to there, so I'm going to imagine a barrier between those 2 points" it becomes more a language of speaking to the energy itself, "no, don't go there", and the effect of a barrier comes from the degree of will, focus, and intent applied. An orchestra director, rather than a craftsman.

anyway, other sentient beings, being so heavily made of and influenced by energy... are sort of within that grasp. You mentioned that you also tried "enveloping the arena", and in a way some of the you that is you extends out into the surrounding area and becomes it as well, and then shapes itself according to your will. But what if you extended yourself into the energy of the other sentient being in a similar manner? Like putting your 'hands' (for want of a more accurate term) inside the other being's energy body. probing it. not pushing or pulling, just invading, and perceiving what is there.

Obviously, someone would likely bring up the idea that there may be some risk to this. It's like channeling another sentient being, but in reverse, you're going to it, rather than it coming to you. But you can kinda subdivide the self, compartmentalize, fingertips passive, still, sensitive, while your mind pushes into the other, pulling away obstacles. The duality of it is like playing a physical sport with one hand, while in the other hand holding an egg, and not breaking it. It's not a passive thing, so much as an assertive thing, it's just handled with tactile delicacy.

Invasive, sure, yeah. But nonphysical beings can't (easily) make audible sounds. So if there is to be communication at all, there is sensing of each others' mind. Push that to a bit of an extreme, and you're inside of not just what they're outwardly thinking at you, but what they're inwardly thinking as well.

The effect I mentioned that I called a "boo!", is actually kinda crude. It depends on a normal panic-infiltration channel, of the sort which allows panic to expand through a crowd. If being wanted to have a more profound effect, it could be mixed with pulling away one's internal resistance to it at the same time. Kind of a push-pull cycling of energy, rather than just a blunt bombardment.

There's an element of sort of 'demanding' the absolute attention & focus of the other being as well, which bears a resemblance to the penetrating stare of mesmerism.

Whether such a deep invasion of anothers' mind & energy is pleasant & intimate, or violently intrusive, is really just down to how it's handled. It could be either. There's a bit of domination to it though. A whale can gently nudge you, or smash you to bits, but any tactile interaction with a whale is kinda automatically lop-sided. And in a way you're creating that sort of size differential by way of greater will focus, and more nuanced compartmentalization of thought.

Hehe, I guess it would sound dreadful to have such intimate contact with another sentience within the framework of having any lingering social anxiety at all.

Anyway, inside the onion of layers, is a sort of core of the other being. But the layers are also part of it. The peel is part of the banana, even if it's not the center of it. With all laid bare, there's a quintessential nature, the identity of the other being, which makes it 'it'. That sensation of the other being which is subtly different than any other being. The tangible nature of it, the periphery of what is meant if it thinks "me". That vibe... that sensation of the energy and mental space of the being. it's kind of permanent and intrinsic. It can change over time, but usually not to such a degree that it's no longer recognizable. If you remember that subtly nuanced "all" of the being, it's quintessence...
you could call it an energy signature, or a "true name" (coming out of khemetic schools of thought), or it's 'soul', or i dunno. You could call it the bit which casts the shadow on the wall in Plato's cave allegory. Whatever you want to call it, you can remember it (like you would remember a work of art, not like you would remember an equation, there's generalizing and varying emphasis, it's too complex to remember in a codified way), then you can just dwell on the memory of 'that' and you'll be in full contact with that being again.

I would assert that such a knowing of the quintessence of another being carries DRASTICALLY more meaning, emphasis, potency, and utility, than any phonetic series of sounds or symbols. That's one of the key areas where I differ with ritual practicioners. Sort of "look at me ...now look deeper, far deeper ...that is my true name". Not a sound, but the underlying substance of what the being says when it says "I".

After reading this, I tried exactly what you described a few days ago with success. Focusing on the elusive entity was fairly hard but I did manage to uncover it eventually. I'm not sure what kind of entity it was which was revealed by the above approach. But I kinda gave it an astral spanking for spying on me. I rarely do anything else to entities than tell them to go away, but this entity had been evading me for awhile now. I'm pretty sure it's already back again... I don't like stalkers :-/
very understandable. I definitely get your reaction. Been there, done that.
I try to be more chill about it these days though.
"heys. sup?"

Yep, the creepy crawlies did the same, at least judging by the creepies and crawlies I had. Didn't give in to it much but still it was a bit unconfortable feeling.
*nod* definitely a learning curve to letting it just kinda wash past you superficially rather than internalizing it.
Kath wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 pm The particular 'flavor' of that fear was a perfect match for the flavor of fear which was permeating my bad dream.
I really need to ramp up my training in discovering myself, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Then maybe I get to sense those things properly as well... one day...
hmmm, well if you ever had a bad dream, you notice that it has a certain 'vibe' to it? Like, no 2 bad reams are exactly alike in vibe? I just mean that the vibe of my bad dream felt identical to the energy that entity was putting out. Same vibe. different context, but it seemed like if you were immersed in that energy output, you'd have exactly that vibe of dream. I only mentioned it because it really cemented in my thinking that there was a causal relationship between the entity and my bad dream.

Hmm, that's very interesting actually. How common is that decoy thing with entities you've encountered so far?
Not all that common.
but not 'uncommon' either. maybe a quarter of the time?

Yep, I'm familiar with the technique. I was about to mention that Derren Brown uses it all the time but you beat me to it ;-)
hehe, yeah. I've only been 'tranced' twice, and both times was while I was OBE, and both times used a 'distracting feature' as part of the process. It only happened kinda early on in my path. My mentor kinda outlined 'mental effects' as sort of being like one of the WMD's of inter-sentience conflict. I think I'm 'very resistant' now, to put it mildly. Although I can think of a few ways to have 'fun' with hypnosis, I can't seem to trance even if I want to now.

Why not take it as a pet then? :-) Could be useful.
That's exactly what I thought. A pet Nightmare!
but it was just so mopey about being doxed by a human... i relented and eventually left it alone :P

I'm fairly convinced it's some kind of psychic/spiritual connection which exists at all times. Kinda like one with a valve on it so you can turn it on/off but it's still there.
could be as simple as it's "on" when the one party thinks of the other.
that's kinda how I think of the energy signature of others. I actually have to be a little mindful of how I think when I relate stories like the one with the Nightmare for example, as just retelling the story i end up imagining it's energy signature, and then i'm in contact with it effectively. even though it's been quite a few years now.

How much emotion do you usually use when doing all that? I've heard couple of times that emotion is the fuel of magick spells and intention+thought are their specifications.
Some say relaxation & meditative state.
Some say powerful emotion even to the point of frenzy.
I say "both", simultaneously. Again kinda like holding an eggshell in one hand, while flexing with a lot of 'ooomf' with the other.
Kind of a dichotomy of mind. It sounds counter-intuitive, emphasis on "sounds" counter-intuitive, the mind can be amazingly acrobatic.
It comes to mind that the neijia martial arts (internal martial arts), touch on this dichotomy a lot. Extreme stillness combined with releases of intense force.

Fan of a Derren Brown it seems :)
lol
well, he was still on my brain from the previous example ;)
but i have studied his videos a lot, just to see what tidbits of the mundane approach I've missed. He's better with the mundane approach than I was. I guess to stick with the chess analogies, he's a better 2-D chess player than I am. But I play chess 3-D, which by his uh... paradigm, would be massively cheating reality hehe.

Thanks! I'll read that.
it's blessedly short too ;) no longer than my posts in this thread hehe.

I've noticed that if you believe something works or is true, it starts affecting our reality one way or another.
*nod*
also, I think, based on my experience within the church when i was aligned with that paradigm... it seems that the effect is amplified in larger groups.
One very interesting thing I noticed is that around year 2000 I was developing story and character ideas. I put lots of thought and emotion into the process and really delved deep into imagining what the character must feel in the situations I put them into. Fast forward 15 years and I noticed that a lot of those ideas started happening to me personally. One of the characters lived in another country, in a very specific city and was doing specific things. Around 2015 I had almost by accident moved to that same country and the same exact city, was doing very similar things (and also identical things), none of which I did back in 2000. Fast forward a few years till last year and most of the stuf in the other stories I put most emotion and thought to started manifesting themselves in my own life. I think you're doing magick every time you focus intently on art and put lots of emotion to it.

So if you want to experience something in your life, write a story. Put lots of time an energy into imagining really vividly long periods of time what your main character sees and feels and experiences in your story. What does your main character do? Why? Etc... Put maybe 20-30 hours of that kind of work to one story. Then wait for couple of years and see what happens. I hope Stephen King is alright...
A new ager or wiccan would call that the "law of attraction" hehe.
I think it's a little more nuanced and complicated than that. But there's definitely something to it.
Which of course means it could be intentionally exploited.
Which in turn means that new agers & wiccans do have some magical agency ;) even if I'm not a huge fan of how they discuss "spells", or regard religious objects like herbs/crystals. There's an element of "if they think it works, it kinda could". Even if I (completely subjectively!) feel like I've a more refined approach. Who doesn't like their own approach though? If someone didn't like it, they'd use something else eh?
Kath wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:59 pm
I've heard a warning that if you ask universe to teach you something to a high level of skill, you'll get into situations you won't enjoy at all.

I just want to quote that again for emphasis. I'm intimately, INTIMATELY, familiar with that.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Or hurts like hell... ;)
In some cases, literally maims you even.
I think (totally opinion here) that it does inevitably make you stronger, so long as you approach everything with sufficient uh... with the right frame of mind.
Mind you, it could leave your body broken hehe. But YOU end up stronger ;)

I have an experience which I can't type out some of the finer details of. Where I was intimately familiarized with the visceral experience of the 'moment of death'. Overall, If I put the inconvenience of a busted up hip, and the experience/knowledge gained, both on a scale, the busted up hip seems heavier. But from a purely spiritual-path-oriented standpoint, it was informative. I'm left thinking "there has to be an easier way to learn shit like this" but I can't think of one off the top of my head :P
I'd have to give the experience about a 2-star rating, maybe 2.5 tops.

And yeah, I'm ok. I exceeded every realistic expectation, by a very wide margin, and every stage of recovery. I did a few deep knee bends at about 5 months, to show my primary surgeon my recovery progress. He looked at me like I grew a third head, and then told me "don't mess it up, it took 12 hours to put those bones back together". But even with super-recovery, I'm left in "sometimes a cane would be nice" territory. More a persistent annoyance than anything truly frightful.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I re-read what I wrote, it's a complete word salad. Sorry :)
hopefully its intelligible, even if it does impose a lot on the reader to muddle through it.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:34 pm I re-read what I wrote, it's a complete word salad. Sorry :)
hopefully its intelligible, even if it does impose a lot on the reader to muddle through it.
You got it backwards: I haven't replied yet because I usually learn something new from your posts. And since they're often fairly long and filled with interesting information, I don't want to browse through them fast and miss something important. So I want to dedicate proper time to them to also be able to answer them.

I wanted to reply to your post yesterday, but wasn't able to due to a very sad event. I received sad news from the person who I hold the most dear in my life and who is the same person I mention in the very first post on this thread. The person is my sister and her cancer has gone really bad in an alarmingly short time and the doctors decided to send her to palliative treatment, even before starting the last remaining type of treatment on her. This means that they have 0% trust for the treatment working nor saving her. I'm grieving as I'm writing this. But I have a feeling I should share my story what happened yesterday.

I received a text message from my sister that she has an appointment to palliative treatment. She had to explain the word to me since I had never heard it before. Once I realized what had been said I felt more and more lost for words. I realized there was absolutely nothing I could do or say to help her in any way. I felt very lost and helpless and crumbled. The only thing I was able to do was send a text message of a red rose icon to her. And she replied by sending me back a red heart. I've been mostly crying since.

Shortly after receiving her message I decided to ask the universe if there is something I can do to save her. I received the message "sleep is your superpower" and was confused what it could mean. I had Spotify open and noticed that one of the upcoming random suggested songs on the list was John Mayer's Dreaming With A Broken Heart. I had never heard the song before and I felt it was my synchronizity message so I listened to it and the song described my exact moment I was having right then and there. It even mentioned the red rose, which felt like confirmation for it to being a real synchronizity message. I understood that I can't expect miracles and she is gone soon. All that matters is what I'm going to do with the short time I still have left with her. I can only hope she won't be afraid and won't suffer anymore. :(

I believe that song content was only half the synchronizity message. I don't know what the rest of the message is, but I believe I will at some point. But the song was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment. Some things are out of our control and there's no way around it. We just have to accept that.

Later I went to bed and while being awake I saw a vision of a black crow. Crow is my other helpful entity alongside with Entity-A. I'm not sure if they could even be the same entity or not. Probably not. Crow has never entered my visions before. Here's what I saw in my vision:

A giant crow came to me and flew me far away, me holding on to its back. The crow started heading directly downwards through veils of fog of some sort. We eventually ended up in a cave with shallow water on the floor. I was calmly lying there under the water. Eventually I tried to get up but couldn't get through the water surface no matter how hard I tried to force myself through. I looked around and noticed a door on the floor, under the water. It opened easily and I went through deeper down. The walls were fluctuating, ever changing organic material. The walls changed quickly so that I couldn't find my way back even if I wanted so I kept moving forward. I entered some large very dim space without a floor. I saw some kind of massive wall or plane from which mechanical droid type of things pushed through into that space. The droids reminded quite a lot of the squid robots from the movie Matrix. I believe they were entities responsible for creating into the world what was to come next in my vision. Then I somehow saw a place where there were completely superficial materialistic things, without spirituality of anykind (or fake spirituality), shiny cars and completely hollow glamorous people, and absolutely nothing of essence, real emotion, meaningful purpose or soul. An unbearable place to be in. I understood that if I decided to follow completely materialistic side of being human, I could never penetrate that shallow water's surface and stand up. The only way to move forward would be down the hole into that place. I decided that's not for me and I was immediately back in the cave, under the shallow water. I felt I should start "raising my vibration" and I did. It took effort and focus to shine light in my heart and it raised me above the water surface. Immediately I was back on Crow's back, flying upwards.

Crow flew me back to the level where we started from and kept going up until we were in the middle of space. I looked around and there was nothing but the light of stars incredibly far away. No more Earth. Absolutely no-one or nothing to spend your time with. No one to share experiences with. Nothing to do. No other souls. Just pure loneliness. It was equally horrible place as the purely materialistic first plane we visited. I felt that this would be the place I would end up in if I stopped caring about physical/material world by embracing purely spiritual side of being human. I decided this was not my place either and was instantly back on Crow's back. We kept heading down once more.

We ended up back where we started, in the middle plane: the place in perfect balance between physical and spiritual planes. I was under the ocean's surface. I had to swim up to the surface and there was a lifeboat waiting with someone on it. We had to struggle together to get me on the lifeboat. I looked at the horizon and realized it's going to be a long journey to get on the shore. I understood that if I get close enough to the middle plane's surface, someone/something will be there to help me through, if I also do the work to get there. Then vision moved to what's beyond the sea. There I saw and felt lots of beautiful things worth caring and fighting for, including the whole nature in all it's beauty, glory, might and danger. I saw that being on that plane would be dangerous and would cause me to be on a slippery slope very often and could be attacked often aswell. Still I felt that was the place I was reaching for all along and decided that if no-one else is going to care to fight for it, I'll do it myself. Immediately I was on Crow's back and we were flying back up to the purely spiritual plane again.

We ended up to a black dragon which was really aggressive. I commanded it to calm down and join us and it instantly changed it's color to bright radiant blue. I realized this is probably my gift, to be able to command spirits. Shortly after the dragon was attacked by a much larger entity of somekind which tried to swallow it. I simply watched the event without reacting to it. The dragon was halfway in the mouth of that entity.

The vision changed back to the middle plane and I saw, what I believe to be, ascended masters. The middle plane seems to be where they eventually go to or end up to. They were wearing odd looking clothes and hats and were walking in line somewhere. It all looked ritualistic. Then I saw lots of different things I had no idea what they were or meant. At this point I ended following the vision.

A bit later I felt I should have done something to help the dragon so I went back to that part of the vision. I pulled the dragon out of the huge entity's mouth and commanded the huge entity to stop attacking and to join "our side". It took a fair amount of effort, but eventually the entity complied. It changed color to radiant light blue. I pushed away all wrong colored parts. Once this was done, the entity felt "fixed" and transformed into radiant light blue energy crystal of some sort. The shape had slight resemblence of a building of some sort. Maybe a church.

At this point I came back from this vision and that's the end of the story what happened yesterday, for what it's worth.

This morning I felt somehow a bit more purified, for the lack of a better term for it.
Seeker of truth.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

That's a pretty amazing dream.

I once went camping near a lake. we had BBQ and beer, and it was fun, but deeper into the night, we all tried to sleep but it was kinda warm & muggy, and the mosquitos were legion. I ended up walking back to my car and trying to take a nap there with the AC on, but though it was cooler, it wasn't a very comfortable place to sleep. Eventually I just went back to the campsite, the fire had gone out. nobody was using a flashlight so as not to wake anyone who managed to sleep, but we were all awake anyway, and we'd all been in the dark of a new moon, far from the glow of civilization for hours, so our eyes had adjusted to the dark quite a lot.

Someone suggested we go swimming. Nobody had any bathing suits, but nobody had a better idea, so we all ended up in the lake at like 2am in the middle of nowhere in pitch dark. someone found a rock with their foot, it was about the size of a large grapefruit. Somehow it became a game, everyone would dive under the water into pure black darkness to feel for the rock with their hands. And whoever found the rock would surface with it, and then they would throw it like a shot-put, and everyone else would go diving to find it again. It was interesting how little verbal communication there was, it was just humans being humans on a kinda primal level with almost no talking. Normally at that time in my life, I'd have been a little intimidated by what you might find in a lake like that. There are snapping turtles in this area for example, not to mention water snakes, crayfish, etc... but everyone was kinda emboldened by each other, or at least I was emboldened by them, and we threw caution to the winds.

After a while we got tired and just floated in the water. Our eyes had adjusted to the darkness more than probably any other time I can remember. And there was no moon, the air was crystal clear, no clouds or even haze, no light pollution of any kind. The only source of light was the milky way above.

Laying there in the lukewarm water, weightless, naked, ears submerged so the only sounds were the occasional "bloop" sounds in the lake, only my face, boobs, kneecaps, and the tops of my hands breaching the plane of the water, which separated complete darkness with the visage of the sky above. I looked up into the sky. I had never seen the stars like I saw them then.

Instead of twinkling lights in the sky, this looked like "the universe" in 3-D. It had perceivable depth. You could actually tell some of the stars were further away than others. There was structure to it. Clusters, and illuminated gas clouds which made mountains look like less than dust, the center of the galaxy peeking around the edges of the near arm. And there were lights infinitely further away, other galaxies perhaps. I'm not sure if the 4 inches or so separating the two human eyes can even triangulate distance that far away, but in that moment, whether an illusion or reality, it seemed like you could.

It looked like infinity. Overwhelmingly awe inspiring. I hadn't even noticed it while playing with a rock. Floating weightless in lukewarm water naked looking into the universe, hearing nothing but the bloops of water and my own heartbeat. There's a thousand sunsets I swore I'd never forget, but I did. But I'll never forget looking at the universe like that. I stared up into that sky for weeks, maybe months, but it must have been no more than an hour because the glow of morning came considerably later. Everyone was doing the same thing. Nobody said anything.

It was like douglas adams' "total perspective vortex" which was meant to fill it's subject with a sense of insignificance. But I didn't feel that way at all, I felt elation.

I ran into one of the others about 12 years later (that trip was mostly not part of my usual social circle). And he said "hey, remember that time at the lake, in the water?". And I said "yeah". And then neither of us knew what to say for 5 minutes.

Anyway, I guess the point is, I really like the stars ;)
But even still,
I agree.
That middle plane is where it's at.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister :(

I had a dog get cancer when I was a child. That sounds really weak and incomparable to having a sister get cancer...but I was at that time an only child, and I got along with that dog better than with my parents, and I wasn't especially social with peers then. My parents jokingly said that I was raised by a cocker spaniel. So it was pretty significant to me. As a child, it was scary. I didn't know what to do. I ended up trying to shield myself from the impending sense of loss by kinda distancing myself from the dog. I didn't know how to be 'ok' with the dog, to be normal with it, knowing what I knew. I was just old enough to have complex thoughts and ideas and feelings on the matter, but much too young to have any idea what to do with those feelings and thoughts.

When the news came. It felt like the floor fell out from underneath me. I felt horror. I never wept so much before or since, even though arguably I've had greater reasons to. But what affected me so, more than the death itself, was that I had not enjoyed the time which I did have with my dog. If I could have, I would have split in two, so that I could leap upon myself, and beat myself senseless for being so stupid. I had a year, and I squandered it. Hell, I barely remember being that age, and I'm crying about it right now. And I've only cried maybe twice in the past decade.

Mostly I'm a big believer in not just rolling over and taking what fate would dictate. I think we're all drastically more capable than we give ourselves credit for. By no means, do I suggest just surrendering to fate. But ultimately, life has a 100% mortality rate. Don't waste time. Mourning is infinitely easier if you're not at the same time hating yourself for wasting time.

The sun will rise, and life will go on, different, but not empty. And when it's your turn, if possible, die with a wry smile, and a middle finger extended towards mortality. Either that, or go out grinning in a blaze of glory. Either seems good.

Or maybe I'm full of shit :P I dunno.

But that's definitely a pretty amazing dream.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

OneOfFourth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:18 am
Kath wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:34 pm I re-read what I wrote, it's a complete word salad. Sorry :)
You got it backwards: I haven't replied yet because I usually learn something new from your posts. And since they're often fairly long and filled with interesting information, I don't want to browse through them fast and miss something important. So I want to dedicate proper time to them to also be able to answer them.
I am glad to hear that :)
But really, i posted that without proofreading, and taking a look at it the day after, it's full of unannounced topic changes, vague pronouns, and far too subtle references. it's kind of a mess. good luck with it!
I'm not naturally good at writing. I only do it halfway well when I take the time to re-do it several times.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

I spent some decades in the public service - much of it writing reports and briefings. Eventually I would write a draft and check it for correctness and completeness.

Then I would set a target of cutting the word count in half without losing any meaning.

This cut the reading time (often scarce), removed surplus/tangential thoughts (that might distract the reader so that the next sentence was read with the mind elsewhere), streamlined sentence structure, and perhaps most importantly, moved key words close to other key words to imply connections that I (or the Minister) was not ready to state.

One time, it took 4 months of my drafting letters from the Minister to local governments, each one moving key words closer, until finally he signed a letter confirming what the local mayors believed was government policy but the Minister had been unwilling to admit. Then the mayors knew they were on their own and took appropriate action to protect open space.

That was one of my few contributions to society.
Last edited by Amor on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Amor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:57 pm I spent some decades in the public service - much of it writing reports and briefings. Eventually I would write a draft and check it for correctness and completeness.

Then I would set a target of cutting the word count in half without losing any meaning.

This cut the reading time (often scarce), removed surplus/tangential thoughts (that might distract the reader so that the next sentence was read with the mind elsewhere), streamlined sentence structure, and perhaps most importantly, moved key words close to other key words to imply connections that I (or the Minister) was not ready to state.

One time, it took 4 months of regular draft letters from the Minister to local governments, each one moving key words closer, until finally he signed a letter confirming what the local mayors believed but the Minister had been unwilling to say.
You are better at writing than I.
But I will look upon this as a good guide to improving my writing :)
No promises though. if this was artwork, it would flow like magic for me, but words are hard, hehe ;)

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

One of the keys to writing good occult material is visualising the subject in quite a lot of detail.

Then the text provides a map so that sensitive reader can enter the reality experienced by the writer.

Many years ago I was in a fishing village in Malaysia and in the visitors book in a little restaurant a traveller had written only this: Frodo lives!

Thus the books, being based on an experiential inner world, had provided a portal for that person to enter.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Is there a subtle hint of frustration? That would speak to the idea that they'd rather have a different demeanor than what they do right now.
I mostly have to perceive visually what the possible entity's mood could be. But the problem is that most of the entities don't resemble humans at all: how do you tell facial expressions from a bunch of energetic tentacles? :-/ For some reason, most of the time, I don't receive mood vibes from the entities. Something could be blocking those senses from me. Then again I do receive intuitive info, even though it's said to come from the heart, so go figure. It's like there's some filter in my heart / empathic sense from entities or something.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Once you have a nuanced, detailed, sense of their energy (Only some of which really seems like psychological machinations, some of it seems like energy-resonance or light body substance), then it's very easy to create a connection with that sentience again.
So I'd better be careful with what I think or recall in my mind. I quess the more vivid the memory/feel/image in your mind is about some entity you met earlier, the more likely you're going to make connection with it or invite it to come to you?

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Anyway, with astral/OBE I like to say "focus is location". In the sense that what you focus on, dwell on, etc. really defines where you go, and what you interact with. In a more general sense, if you astrally project with just a mood, you'll likely go somewhere fitting to that mood, or interact with something which mirrors that mood (either as a match for it, or as a reciprocal opposite mirror image). Basically if you're in a dark frame of mind, and you OBE, you're going to have a dark time. hehe.
Oh shit. Thanks for the warning :)

So basically your own mood both attracts entities that like that kind of mood and your astral projection goes to such places also. I'd better start pumping up my mood before doing any of that stuff.

Maybe that's part of the problem what went wrong as described in the starting post of this thread? I was unsure what would happen and what it would look like. Maybe that's why I ended up in completely uncharted territory which I had no experience with?

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm I had to translate large quantities of detailed knowledge into a more artistic 'feel for it'. Basically drawing down complex equations with many variables to be handled in a manner more like hand-eye coordination. Crafting a gut instinct, out of far too much knowledge to use efficiently if it wasn't condensed.
I've always done something similar intuitively:
My memory works so that I have information point which I know to be true information. They are linked to other true info and everything else in between can be deducted logically when gives a few seconds of thought. So I have this kind of lossy compression going on with all the information I have in my brain. When I need some info, I just look what's available, what are the closest things to the stuff I happen to need at that moment and then I interpolate/deduct the information what's near/around it. This means I need to learn the basics really well. After that it's just adding small info nuggest here and there and I can cover huge area of knowledge.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Learned some NLP, dabbled with hypnotism, more exploring the mind...
I was always really interested in those topics, but never really got to dappling with them. :( But the knowledge I have on those topics and techniques has proven to be useful with what I've been through during the past 1.5 years or so, when my waking up process started.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm My religious thinking was "If not this? then what exactly?" although I was not anxious to get involved with any more dogma. But I had questions without answers. And I was unwilling to sweep first hand experiences under the rug to make things simpler.
I'm kinda the same also. I found one key point which I can't deny from happening, which are synchronizities. I took that and started taking the phenomenon apart and thinking what makes it tick, what's required for it and why, using synchronizities themselves and spirit guides as help while learning it's workings. And then a very high level picture of the world and magick started forming into my mind which feels like it makes sense. Didn't fit my previous worldview at all, but given all I've experienced and seen with my own eyes, I can't explain them with any other way either. I still need to make proper tests and come up with alternative theories. Actually I already have one alternative theory, but I immediately found one issue with it, which keeps bugging me.

Basically the two competing theories in a nutshell are:

1. Everything is created by all encompassing mind, which you are most probably a tiny part of. Spirits/demons are external to self. Synchronizities and disappearing/reappearing objects are done by spirits (as described in more detail in my thread about synchronizities). Magick in it's most fundamental nature is you describing The Universe what you want it do do. The Universe decides the details and proceeds accordingly.

2. Everything is self. i.e. "I am god". Spirits/demons are internal to self. Parallel timelines (probably in conjunction with you sensing subconsciously what's about to happen) create synchronizities and disappearing objects. Magick is you changing your own mental reality since everything exists only in your own mind.

The problem with #2 is that I've witnessed objects reappearing in other places from where they originated. Also a person in a video explained how he saw a vision of spirits poking his stomach and it hurt. Later he passed several really large gallstones. Doctors said that can't happen due to the size of the stones, but they couldn't explain it either. Parallel timelines can't do that: gallstones can't pass through gallbladder wall, so in non of the parallel timelines does the gallstone magickally teleport 5 cm away from inside the gallbladder. Thus no amount of parallel timeline shifts/jumps can produce the effect of what happened to that man. Thus I'm still leaning towards the explanation #1. It also goes nicely hand in hand with some historical and social things one might observe.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Oh wow, I just realized a key issue in sensing the energy signature and mind of another being. Definitely 'fixing' my social anxiety was a prerequisite. I had to be able to just 'sense' others without that creating an involuntary reaction within myself.
I can imagine. That's probably the reason why I sense a lot more easily things from people I like than from people I don't like. I'm much more unreserved and thus open subconsciously to take in their energy/vibes, which leads me to be able to predict what they're about to say next. With people I don't like I'm much more reserved and all my senses are tuned into detecting potential dangers from the person.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Early on I was trying to create 'energy structures', like a shield for example. Trying to basically work with energy flows in a very mechanical way.
I'm currently in that exact phase. I use it to shield myself and to move energy to my mind/brain which does specific simple things when adverse party attack starts on me. I also experiment with it to make my automatical response as "no" to spirits/etc. trying to get any kind of permissions from me while I'm sleeping. I'm not sure if it's working or not, but I've not had serious attacks coming my way during the past couple of weeks now.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm it's kind of entirely within a personal language of tactile experience for which there is no good way to translate it into english that I can think of. Instead of "i don't want that energy to go from there to there, so I'm going to imagine a barrier between those 2 points" it becomes more a language of speaking to the energy itself, "no, don't go there", and the effect of a barrier comes from the degree of will, focus, and intent applied. An orchestra director, rather than a craftsman.
Hmm, I have to try that and see what happens. I'm a big believer in that anything we can visualize in our minds is just a vague subconsciously created deciphered interpretation what's actually going on when doing magick or when dealing with spirits, etc.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm But what if you extended yourself into the energy of the other sentient being in a similar manner? Like putting your 'hands' (for want of a more accurate term) inside the other being's energy body. probing it. not pushing or pulling, just invading, and perceiving what is there.
Never did that sensing part. I have to try it and see what happens. Maybe I can sense things from entities. Then again I seem to have the empathic sensing problem of entities I mentioned earlier...

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Anyway, inside the onion of layers, is a sort of core of the other being. But the layers are also part of it. The peel is part of the banana, even if it's not the center of it.
You did it again! "Me confus." OK, I have to tell you what happened yesterday and today. This is completely unrelated to the topic:

First I have to say I haven't read this post before starting to write my answer today.

Yesterday I was lying in my bed, waiting to get sleepy. I was hearing a song playing in my head. I can't remember which song it was, but the lyrics said that I should answer the call or pickup the phone or something similar. It just went on and on and on and I started wondering if it could be an actual telepathic connection attempt to my direction. I decided to "answer" the call and kind of "heard" a voice speaking to me. It wasn't any different if I had imagined the voice myself, but I (to my knowledge) wasn't actively trying to influece what the voice said, nor was I trying to predict it in any way. It surpriced me many times, actually.

Anyway, the voice sounded like my father and it also introduced itself as such. I felt highly sceptical and said "If you're really my dad, send me an e-mail and say anything about a banana or bananas." (this is the exact same thing I had done in and mentioned in my very first post on these forums) The voice said that it can't do that since it's from parallel universe or timeline or something. I calld it bullshit and added "Even if what you're saying is true, you'd still be able to send your own parallel version of self a message to send me an e-mail." The voice agreed that it's true and I just "hung up the phone".

Shortly after the song started playing again in my head. This time a voice introduced itself as being my sister. I called it bullshit again and delivered the same message and hung up. I rarely ask for bananas as a proof of something but this time I did.

No e-mails nor text messages of any kind were to be found today from either of them so I felt happy that I was able to recognize when my imagination was the source of things.

Fast rewind to this morning:
I had already woken up but was still lying in my bed, waiting to get enough energy to get up. I heard a clear female voice in my mind saying softly but slightly insistently "C'mon Kath." which startled me. It felt/sounded like the same voice which I heard couple of weeks ago speak like I had called a service number with phone. I almost immediately asked spirit guides if I subconsciously had sent you a message. I received "no". I asked it had been a spirit. I recieved "yes". I asked if a spirit had sent you message or something. I received "yes". I asked if I should mention this to you. I received "yes". During today I had already decided not to mention anything about this, until I read your post and saw the banana in it. Do I have a psychic connection through time with your bananas or something? Did you notice anything out of ordinary this morning, or the day when you wrote your post I'm answering to now?

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm I would assert that such a knowing of the quintessence of another being carries DRASTICALLY more meaning, emphasis, potency, and utility, than any phonetic series of sounds or symbols. That's one of the key areas where I differ with ritual practicioners. Sort of "look at me ...now look deeper, far deeper ...that is my true name". Not a sound, but the underlying substance of what the being says when it says "I".
That's an excellent point I have to remember. I'm going to try to probe, sense and look deeply into entities I meet (which don't happen to be too aggressive). It'll be really interesting to see what I learn of them.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm hmmm, well if you ever had a bad dream, you notice that it has a certain 'vibe' to it? Like, no 2 bad reams are exactly alike in vibe? I just mean that the vibe of my bad dream felt identical to the energy that entity was putting out. Same vibe. different context, but it seemed like if you were immersed in that energy output, you'd have exactly that vibe of dream. I only mentioned it because it really cemented in my thinking that there was a causal relationship between the entity and my bad dream.
Judging by this post as a whole, I might have judged my feelings wrong when I meet a spirit. Maybe my emotions have always been revealing to me what the spirits energy signature has been, but I have simply ignored it or in powerful cases I have confused them to be my own emotions towards that entity? Not sure if this is the case or not, but I have to keep my mind more sharp on my feelings the next time I meet a spirit of any kind.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm A new ager or wiccan would call that the "law of attraction" hehe.
I think it's a little more nuanced and complicated than that. But there's definitely something to it.
Which of course means it could be intentionally exploited.
My experience is that Law of Attraction definitely works, but I also fear that it works without conscience. I.e. for you to receive good things, they're removed from others. So it's easy to steal unknowingly from others when using Law of Attraction without knowledge how it works.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm I have an experience which I can't type out some of the finer details of. Where I was intimately familiarized with the visceral experience of the 'moment of death'. Overall, If I put the inconvenience of a busted up hip, and the experience/knowledge gained, both on a scale, the busted up hip seems heavier. But from a purely spiritual-path-oriented standpoint, it was informative. I'm left thinking "there has to be an easier way to learn shit like this" but I can't think of one off the top of my head :P
I tend to agree that the more unpleasant experiences are those which teach us things that we couldn't learn otherwise. Some suffering is usually required for old things to be chipped off your self and new things to start growing.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm After a while we got tired and just floated in the water. Our eyes had adjusted to the darkness more than probably any other time I can remember. And there was no moon, the air was crystal clear, no clouds or even haze, no light pollution of any kind. The only source of light was the milky way above.

I looked up into the sky. I had never seen the stars like I saw them then.

It looked like infinity. Overwhelmingly awe inspiring.
There's a thousand sunsets I swore I'd never forget, but I did. But I'll never forget looking at the universe like that.
There's so much beauty in the world and universe. People simply forget to look around themselves occasionally to notice it. If you're in a calm but sensitive mood, like you in your story in the lake, you perceive the beauty of things in a very different way. You start appreciating all kinds of things consciously which you never gave a second thought before. Many things become awe inspiring as you said yourself. I think these are the kinds of things that a balance between physical and spiritual elements gives us. Pure beauty in its own way.

Kath wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm That middle plane is where it's at.
Definitely. We are all both physical and spiritual beings. We are humans because we are supposed to have a human experience. If we deny our own humanity and try to become something else, we're ruining the whole beauty of it.

Kath wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm I'm so sorry to hear about your sister :(
Life can have some sad moments and suffering, but I always take them as lessons from which I can/should learn something. From this I've learned, so far, that work is not your life. Don't spend all your days working while at the same time forgetting that other things exist also. Remember to enjoy your life. Work to make a living, but don't live to work. If you enjoy your job, then that's awesome. But you still have tons of other things waiting for you outside your job. Experience them every day if you can.

Kath wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm Mostly I'm a big believer in not just rolling over and taking what fate would dictate. I think we're all drastically more capable than we give ourselves credit for. By no means, do I suggest just surrendering to fate. But ultimately, life has a 100% mortality rate. Don't waste time. Mourning is infinitely easier if you're not at the same time hating yourself for wasting time.

The sun will rise, and life will go on, different, but not empty. And when it's your turn, if possible, die with a wry smile, and a middle finger extended towards mortality. Either that, or go out grinning in a blaze of glory. Either seems good.
So true. I have the same philosophy. I'm also starting to beleive that eachone of us can decide their own fate an the universe starts nudging you towards the path that leads you to your fate. Just decide your fate to be something good and pleasant.
Kath wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 pm But that's definitely a pretty amazing dream.
It wasn't a dream but was a vision. I was fully awake during the vision, lying in my bed, fully concentrating and taking in what it showed me. It was one of those "show and tell" moments I have mentioned, when spirit starts sharing information with me. Only this time it was like an ongoing film, instead of pausing now and then for me to understand something. I actually had to consciously concentrate on holding on to the Crow's neck feathers or else I started quickly slipping away from it's back.

Basically the vision showed me where I am currently (on the lowest plane). It also showed the alternatives and asked me to make a conscious choice which of those planes was for me. It explained (kind of) what those planes represent and how to get/stay there. It showed what I've chosen as the path I'm walking now and what kinds of things will come to me if I stay on that path. Kind of a disclaimer like "For your information, so you don't regret things later and will be OK with what's to come." It explained what I need to do to raise from the lowest plane to the middle plane. So I'm currently a short distance "under the surface" of the middle plane. I need to drop emotional baggage to reach that plane. My current opposition doesn't come from outside forces anymore but from my own internal struggles. Later there will be plenty more outside opposition, once I reach the middle plane. Both Entity-A and Crow seem to support the middle plane.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

>It explained what I need to do to raise from the lowest plane to the middle plane.

Long ago in meditation I was shown the planes - characterised by numbers, sounds and colours.

There are 3 planes used by the human persona (actually 2 and half) with the 4 higher planes used by humans for transpersonal activity.

This diagram is useful.

In my practice, management of subplane energies is central to spiritual science as applied to most Earth human situations.

I know some competent practitioners, however, that operate purely through relationship so that friendly entities do the technical work.

Right relationship is very largely required in working with solar systemic flows.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

The subplane characteristics given in the left column tend to obscure rather than reveal the functionality

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Heh, even my synchronizities informed me, right after re-reading my own post, to "Find and start the next meaningful step."

I think that in practise this would mean for me to care about things and not get too offended about events, even if I was being attacked. Basically I should "slap back to end the attack" but dwelling in misery because of getting attacked doesn't help anyone (nor me) and just keeps my "vibes" down. To do all this, I need to keep an eye on my emotions and thoughts and notice where exactly they originate from. This is what Kath has said a few times already and I think she was the deliverer of the message to me. Things seem to click in places to create a logical view of the bigger picture.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Amor wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:02 am The subplane characteristics given in the left column tend to obscure rather than reveal the functionality
According to your model, which ones are the three planes I was shown? (they could be a mashed up version of those planes)
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Probably you were shown physical, emotional and mental. They all need to be brought under control and refined for the human to become eligible for first stage enlightenment.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Could be. I'm still not sure how to categorize them. They felt like they were at the same time real world, spiritual realm, life and life after death.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

OneOfFourth wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:10 pm What does it mean if a demon says "I'd have to pull out your heart and place the mark on your head" ?

The above is nothing I have agreed on with any demon and never will, but it's something that was said to me well over a year ago and I haven't figured it out yet. Might be related.
For what it's worth:

Last night I seemed to have a dream about the above. The dream felt weird all the way through, like it had more meaning to it than a regular dream. To be honest, afterwards it felt like it was communication with a spirit of some kind. In the dream there was some person who explained to me that when he took the mark on his forehead, it immediately (in that very specific moment in time) permanently opened up his consciousness and senses to all possible esoteric things and planes. Remembering what that mark on the forehead was all about I refused taking that mark and later, after waking up from that dream, made sure to mentally tell that person in the dream to never try offering it to me again.
Seeker of truth.

Amor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Amor »

Good!

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm The effect I mentioned that I called a "boo!", is actually kinda crude. It depends on a normal panic-infiltration channel, of the sort which allows panic to expand through a crowd. If being wanted to have a more profound effect, it could be mixed with pulling away one's internal resistance to it at the same time. Kind of a push-pull cycling of energy, rather than just a blunt bombardment.
I experienced the "boo!" effect two nights ago:

After I had done some Shadow Work to heal some of my mental wounds, I felt much better (and still do; permanent change in my psyche). It was already well past midnight so I went to bed. After lying in the bed for half an hour, I suddenly heard really creepy voice telling me "Hate them!", "They're worthless!" I felt chills going through my body (not the Boo! effect yet). But I still stayed calm. I realized quickly, that after I had healed a festering mental wound using Shadow Work, I could hear a demon's voice which was trying to manipulate me (and had done so for a long time already). I also realized that the mental wound I just healed had acted as a hiding place for that demon. Earlier it could stay hidden there and tell me things which felt to me like my own subconscious thoughts and emotions. Now that the hiding place / mental wound was gone, I could hear it's voice loud and clear exactly as it is and it didn't affect my thoughts/emotions at all. The interesting thing was that every time I turned my attention to the voice (or even the memory of the voice) I got this strong sense of electric sparks going through my whole body. Like very strong static electricity was hitting my body from all sides. That's the exact feeling I get every time I push out a demon that has taken seat inside me.

So I struggled to get it out of me and didn't succeed at first. Then I visited toilet and while coming back through the darkness of the apartment, I suddenly felt the "Boo!" effect. It was the same quickly starting panic effect I felt when I was a child and thought some monster might be running towards me from behind, in a pitch black corridor or dark forest. I decided to not give in to the panic because I knew where this feeling was coming from: a demon. I wasn't sure if it was the same demon whose voice I heard or another demon, but I just decided to tell it to F-off and stopped on my tracks. Kept standing right there, where it was the most scary, even walked backwards into the "potentially approaching monster" and didn't look back. I stood there for half a minute and the feeling started to fade. Then I went back to bed and pushed out the demon which voice I had heard. I can't actually be 100% sure if that demon really went away or not, but at least I don't feel the sparkles anymore when I think of its voice or command it to leave me. Also I haven't had those negative emotions and thoughts anymore which I had before purging the demon out of me so I guess it probably worked.

Lessons learned:
- Mental wounds can work as hiding places for malevolent spirits.
- Influence/voice of the malevolent spirits gets transformed into your own inner dialogue/subconscious thoughts if the spirit "speaks through" the mental wound to you.
- Fix mental wounds and spirits hiding behind/in them don't have a hiding place anymore: you'll notice them automatically when they act.
- Mental wounds act like anchors for malevolent spirits: they keep hold to them if you try to cast them out, making it much harder to get rid of them.
- Shadow Work is really powerful, effective and fast way to heal mental wounds.
- Fix all mental wounds and you become like a greased glass: no malevolent spirit can grab hold of you and take home in you.

BTW: I hope you're OK and well, since you haven't been on this forum for awhile now. Then again I remember you mentioning that you don't visit this forum often.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Today I was visiting my ill sister (leaving back home tomorrow). I gave her the most loving hug I have ever given anyone in my whole life and really felt like there was this beautiful feeling enveloping both of us around our chest area. At the same time I felt love and sadness. Like two honest energies were connected into one intimate blob of energy, which was a beautiful feeling. I think Kath's energy theory has now more proof to it in my mind.
Seeker of truth.

OneOfFourth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OneOfFourth »

Kath wrote: only thing that comes to mind is that physical distance is kinda "squishy". When you're focusing on someone/thing (effectively), you're kinda already at that thing, on the levels of reality which are relevant. Or perhaps more "focus 'is' spatial position" when it comes to the nonphysical level of reality.
The above quote from earlier this thread seems to describe exactly what I experienced with the creepy voice demon on the "boo!" effect night. Whenever I was simply thinking of the demon's voice I had heard earlier, I immediately felt the physical effects strongly in my body. Never have I experienced that before. I.e. simply turning my memories to the sound gave me physical effects. This begs the question: what else can be affected equally easily by simply turning attention to it?
Seeker of truth.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

OneOfFourth wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 pm I mostly have to perceive visually what the possible entity's mood could be. But the problem is that most of the entities don't resemble humans at all: how do you tell facial expressions from a bunch of energetic tentacles? :-/ For some reason, most of the time, I don't receive mood vibes from the entities. Something could be blocking those senses from me. Then again I do receive intuitive info, even though it's said to come from the heart, so go figure. It's like there's some filter in my heart / empathic sense from entities or something.
hmmm, interesting. I just feel the vibes. Although some entities aren't outwardly forthcoming, but I can be kinda intrusive by nature, so it rarely matters if they're intentionally forthcoming or not.

So I'd better be careful with what I think or recall in my mind. I quess the more vivid the memory/feel/image in your mind is about some entity you met earlier, the more likely you're going to make connection with it or invite it to come to you?
Yeah, that sums it up pretty much.
In simplest possible terms, telling scary stories gives you goosebumps cuz you're kinda positioning yourself astrally nearer entities with that sort of vibe. I'm sure there's also a more purely psychosomatic element to it as well, but I don't think it's entirely psychosomatic.

I find it interesting that I have no problem remembering the 'vibe' of various people or entities. I do forget things, lose things, etc. I guess there's just something very viscerally engaging about the energy signature of beings, places, etc, which makes them stick out in my memory very vividly.

Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm Anyway, with astral/OBE I like to say "focus is location". In the sense that what you focus on, dwell on, etc. really defines where you go, and what you interact with. In a more general sense, if you astrally project with just a mood, you'll likely go somewhere fitting to that mood, or interact with something which mirrors that mood (either as a match for it, or as a reciprocal opposite mirror image). Basically if you're in a dark frame of mind, and you OBE, you're going to have a dark time. hehe.
Oh shit. Thanks for the warning :)

So basically your own mood both attracts entities that like that kind of mood and your astral projection goes to such places also. I'd better start pumping up my mood before doing any of that stuff.

Maybe that's part of the problem what went wrong as described in the starting post of this thread? I was unsure what would happen and what it would look like. Maybe that's why I ended up in completely uncharted territory which I had no experience with?
Well, don't FRET about your mood, cuz then your mood is most fundamentally "fretting" hehe.
But ya, you can get into a kinda spiral of unpleasantness without realizing that it's partly enabled within your own mental/emotional hygiene.

This effect actually gives me a lot of pause about my childhood spiritual experiences. They were kinda traumatic in nature. I would argue that I was a very fearful child though. I mentioned that it can attract the same, or a mirror opposite of your resonance, because fear could attract/spread fear, but it can also attract beings who like the smell of fear, but are not themselves fearful. Fear is kind of a "blood in the water" thing around negative entities. Really gets em riled up and excited.

When I became less fearful with age, my spiritual experiences became less frightening. When I much later largely amputated 'fear' (for other reasons), my spiritual experiences became downright dull, at least in so far as fear/predation dynamic is concerned :P

I still enjoy horror fiction. But it's a kinda 'regressive' thing, I get in touch with my inner child, and through that part of self enjoy the titilation of scary fiction. I find it interesting that in a movie theater, at a showing of a movie which is successfully scary, there's a palpable vibe in the air kinda radiating from the audience. It's more intense if you ever observe panic spreading through a crowd though. I don't think fear is a bad thing really, it was just 'in my way' spiritually speaking.

I think some simpler forms of negative energy feeders trickle 'fear' into a sleeping person's dream, like a seed, and allow the dreamer's non-lucid imagination to manifest whatever comes to mind as a result, which results in much more fear energy in the end output. Kind of an energy investment strategy I guess. They don't have to be creative and craft a scary dream, it can be as simple as dripping a vibe into a dreamer, and letting them craft their own imaginative dream narrative under that influence.

There are numerous examples across many cultures where speaking of a thing is considered to have a form of "soft summoning" effect. It definitely follows that dwelling intently on something does as well. You could even see the effect in something as commonplace as prayer. It's an almost universal trope across religions and occult beliefs, around the world.
So I have this kind of lossy compression going on with all the information I have in my brain. When I need some info, I just look what's available, what are the closest things to the stuff I happen to need at that moment and then I interpolate/deduct the information what's near/around it. This means I need to learn the basics really well. After that it's just adding small info nuggest here and there and I can cover huge area of knowledge.
yeah, a lossy compression is a good analogy.
like the more complex info is there, if you want to delve into it. But for quick "on the fly" use, there's a kind of instinctual shorthand version of all you've learned. A gut feel for things, which becomes more accurate with more information.

I'm kinda the same also. I found one key point which I can't deny from happening, which are synchronizities. I took that and started taking the phenomenon apart and thinking what makes it tick, what's required for it and why, using synchronizities themselves and spirit guides as help while learning it's workings. And then a very high level picture of the world and magick started forming into my mind which feels like it makes sense. Didn't fit my previous worldview at all, but given all I've experienced and seen with my own eyes, I can't explain them with any other way either. I still need to make proper tests and come up with alternative theories. Actually I already have one alternative theory, but I immediately found one issue with it, which keeps bugging me.
My mentor used synchronicities most often, when I would feel doubt about her being a real thing. Sort of dropping sychronicities on me with turns of phrase which turned out to have synchronicities with events the following day, etc. Sometimes she was just very blunt and explicit though. She didn't have any desire for blind faith on my part.
Basically the two competing theories in a nutshell are:

1. Everything is created by all encompassing mind, which you are most probably a tiny part of. Spirits/demons are external to self. Synchronizities and disappearing/reappearing objects are done by spirits (as described in more detail in my thread about synchronizities). Magick in it's most fundamental nature is you describing The Universe what you want it do do. The Universe decides the details and proceeds accordingly.

2. Everything is self. i.e. "I am god". Spirits/demons are internal to self. Parallel timelines (probably in conjunction with you sensing subconsciously what's about to happen) create synchronizities and disappearing objects. Magick is you changing your own mental reality since everything exists only in your own mind.

The problem with #2 is that I've witnessed objects reappearing in other places from where they originated. Also a person in a video explained how he saw a vision of spirits poking his stomach and it hurt. Later he passed several really large gallstones. Doctors said that can't happen due to the size of the stones, but they couldn't explain it either. Parallel timelines can't do that: gallstones can't pass through gallbladder wall, so in non of the parallel timelines does the gallstone magickally teleport 5 cm away from inside the gallbladder. Thus no amount of parallel timeline shifts/jumps can produce the effect of what happened to that man. Thus I'm still leaning towards the explanation #1. It also goes nicely hand in hand with some historical and social things one might observe.
are 1 and 2 mutually exclusive really?
or rather, can 2 be the case in the 'big picture', but we're really only able to wrap our minds around 1, so it looks like 1?
Some in the east would argue that 2 suggests a logical path to pacifism. Since harming others harms the self in a way.
I'd argue that's overly simplistic, since i feel that having great empathy for another being doesn't remove them from the dynamic of their actions having consequences.

I kinda model it as a 'big self' / 'small self' duality. The small self being very finite, having individuality, personal interests, etc. and the large self being much more diffuse, drastically larger in potential potency or awareness, but drastically diminished in individuality. And the two selves being linked by a kind of continuum, with shades of gray between. Like the self is shaped like a wedge, where the tip is sharp and finite, particular, specific, separate. but the larger end of the wedge extends as infinitely out into the cosmos as you can dare to chase it. Though the further you are from that wedge, the less 'particular individual' you are.

In the east, it would be viewed as good to explore the larger self, to the fullest, even at the detriment of the small self. Where I would mainly be heretical to many in eastern religion/beliefs, is that I don't think it's an "either/or" proposition. It looks kinda 'either/or', it feels intuitively kinda 'either/or'...

But my take on it, is that the either/or thing is just an illusion, born of the limited spatial geometry comprehension of the human brain, which is perceptually trapped in 4-D space-time. (which is quite a mouthful to 'fully' unpack, but i chose the words carefully)

That's probably the reason why I sense a lot more easily things from people I like than from people I don't like. I'm much more unreserved and thus open subconsciously to take in their energy/vibes, which leads me to be able to predict what they're about to say next. With people I don't like I'm much more reserved and all my senses are tuned into detecting potential dangers from the person.
makes sense to me.
of course, there's the likelihood that you'll be better able to predict what a person will say next if you know them well. But I've had more examples than I can count of things which were completely and totally outside any frame of reference which might be used to make an educated guess.

I'm currently in that exact phase. I use it to shield myself and to move energy to my mind/brain which does specific simple things when adverse party attack starts on me. I also experiment with it to make my automatical response as "no" to spirits/etc. trying to get any kind of permissions from me while I'm sleeping. I'm not sure if it's working or not, but I've not had serious attacks coming my way during the past couple of weeks now.
Many years ago, I had one very frightening dream (which was only frightening after I woke up, not during it), which suggests that's a wise precaution.

Hmm, I have to try that and see what happens. I'm a big believer in that anything we can visualize in our minds is just a vague subconsciously created deciphered interpretation what's actually going on when doing magick or when dealing with spirits, etc.
I like that, and I'd agree.

Never did that sensing part. I have to try it and see what happens. Maybe I can sense things from entities. Then again I seem to have the empathic sensing problem of entities I mentioned earlier...
not sure what's causing that. I only shifted from excessive uncontrolled empathy, to excessive well controlled empathy. hehe.
The only experience I have with empathic blocks is when shielding is in use. So my gut impulse would be to look for some sort of barrier effect, possibly subconsciously created, possibly placed by something external.

I did on one occasion kinda 'burn out' my energy body. It was a very long time ago, and it was self inflicted. For a little while, it left my sensitivity really messed up.

Also, shields (or something very like shields or warding) can be used to encircle someone offensively, to kinda isolate them from outside energy, and their spiritual sensitivities. If you work with shields a lot, you'll eventually figure out that such barriers aren't really all that strong. They can seem strong, but it's kinda relative. Um... going back to the 'wedge shaped self' thing, it's only the pointy tip that's inside (or outside) a barrier, so with a little bit of adjustment in consciousness state, it becomes largely irrelevant. I think that no two places are "entirely" separate, depending on your sense of perspective. Or perhaps put another way, imagine painting the surface of the 3D portion of a hypercube... in 3D you've completely encompassed the cube in paint, in 4 spatial dimensions though, you haven't.

You did it again! "Me confus." OK, I have to tell you what happened yesterday and today. This is completely unrelated to the topic:

First I have to say I haven't read this post before starting to write my answer today.

Yesterday I was lying in my bed, waiting to get sleepy. I was hearing a song playing in my head. I can't remember which song it was, but the lyrics said that I should answer the call or pickup the phone or something similar. It just went on and on and on and I started wondering if it could be an actual telepathic connection attempt to my direction. I decided to "answer" the call and kind of "heard" a voice speaking to me. It wasn't any different if I had imagined the voice myself, but I (to my knowledge) wasn't actively trying to influece what the voice said, nor was I trying to predict it in any way. It surpriced me many times, actually.

Anyway, the voice sounded like my father and it also introduced itself as such. I felt highly sceptical and said "If you're really my dad, send me an e-mail and say anything about a banana or bananas." (this is the exact same thing I had done in and mentioned in my very first post on these forums) The voice said that it can't do that since it's from parallel universe or timeline or something. I calld it bullshit and added "Even if what you're saying is true, you'd still be able to send your own parallel version of self a message to send me an e-mail." The voice agreed that it's true and I just "hung up the phone".

Shortly after the song started playing again in my head. This time a voice introduced itself as being my sister. I called it bullshit again and delivered the same message and hung up. I rarely ask for bananas as a proof of something but this time I did.

No e-mails nor text messages of any kind were to be found today from either of them so I felt happy that I was able to recognize when my imagination was the source of things.

Fast rewind to this morning:
I had already woken up but was still lying in my bed, waiting to get enough energy to get up. I heard a clear female voice in my mind saying softly but slightly insistently "C'mon Kath." which startled me. It felt/sounded like the same voice which I heard couple of weeks ago speak like I had called a service number with phone. I almost immediately asked spirit guides if I subconsciously had sent you a message. I received "no". I asked it had been a spirit. I recieved "yes". I asked if a spirit had sent you message or something. I received "yes". I asked if I should mention this to you. I received "yes". During today I had already decided not to mention anything about this, until I read your post and saw the banana in it. Do I have a psychic connection through time with your bananas or something? Did you notice anything out of ordinary this morning, or the day when you wrote your post I'm answering to now?
hmmmm, bananas are my go-to "random thing". Like, "think of something random! ok what did you think of?" I'm not unlikely to have thought of a banana. Just because i've used it in a few different essays on philosophical concepts.

So if i have had banana as a regular 'random thing' for me, since before interacting with you on this forum, it creates a little bit of a chicken & the egg issue. Which came first? Granted, I've seen things which violate causality, so, I don't think chronolocial order HAS to be uhh, 'in order'. hehe

Judging by this post as a whole, I might have judged my feelings wrong when I meet a spirit. Maybe my emotions have always been revealing to me what the spirits energy signature has been, but I have simply ignored it or in powerful cases I have confused them to be my own emotions towards that entity? Not sure if this is the case or not, but I have to keep my mind more sharp on my feelings the next time I meet a spirit of any kind.
very possible sounding to me.

i know that my mentor, if she doesn't deliberately 'contain herself' has an awe inspiring effect on smaller entities, and can even kinda dissolve away their sense of self. Like being in the presence of something much greater than oneself, one can be kinda swept away.
I had some experiences with my former religion which were like this. I did not remove myself from that ideology until I reached a point where I could kinda look upon 'grandiose scale' without it affecting my sense of self, or my critical thinking. I kinda learned to be able to shrug-off being 'awed'. Kind of a pinnacle of achievement for me in learning to control empathy.
Anyway it was only after that point in time that my mentor approached me. Which makes sense, cuz she's not really a fan of drooling sycophants.

that's a pretty extreme example though. even just regular people, totally unaware of any energetic effects, can kinda browbeat others with emotional energy output which can pigeon hole people into feeling a certain way.

When my empathy was uncontrolled, I felt like a little rubber dingie in the middle of a hurricane at sea. I was very tossed around, and had a very weak sense of self.

My experience is that Law of Attraction definitely works, but I also fear that it works without conscience. I.e. for you to receive good things, they're removed from others. So it's easy to steal unknowingly from others when using Law of Attraction without knowledge how it works.
hmmm, good point.
some things are free :) But if it's something like money then it's someone else having less, true enough.
Kath wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm I have an experience which I can't type out some of the finer details of. Where I was intimately familiarized with the visceral experience of the 'moment of death'. Overall, If I put the inconvenience of a busted up hip, and the experience/knowledge gained, both on a scale, the busted up hip seems heavier. But from a purely spiritual-path-oriented standpoint, it was informative. I'm left thinking "there has to be an easier way to learn shit like this" but I can't think of one off the top of my head :P
I tend to agree that the more unpleasant experiences are those which teach us things that we couldn't learn otherwise. Some suffering is usually required for old things to be chipped off your self and new things to start growing.
yeah, but the exchange rate was crappy in that case :P

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

OneOfFourth wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:18 pm
Kath wrote: only thing that comes to mind is that physical distance is kinda "squishy". When you're focusing on someone/thing (effectively), you're kinda already at that thing, on the levels of reality which are relevant. Or perhaps more "focus 'is' spatial position" when it comes to the nonphysical level of reality.
The above quote from earlier this thread seems to describe exactly what I experienced with the creepy voice demon on the "boo!" effect night. Whenever I was simply thinking of the demon's voice I had heard earlier, I immediately felt the physical effects strongly in my body. Never have I experienced that before. I.e. simply turning my memories to the sound gave me physical effects. This begs the question: what else can be affected equally easily by simply turning attention to it?
what else? um, pretty much everything? or so it seems to me.
seeing new things, exploring, learning new things, experiencing new things, meeting new people or other beings, etc. kinda feels like crafting a library-museum-phonebook. or something like that :)

I kinda differentiate between recalling events people, entities, etc. in either an abstract way, or in a more 'feeling' manner. Where one is more just informational, and the other invokes a connection. I find it hard to completely separate the two, but i can talk about something with only very superficial connection & feeling being generated, but it takes a bit of focus to kinda recall information without recalling the energetic vibes.

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

OneOfFourth wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:17 pm I experienced the "boo!" effect two nights ago:

Lessons learned:
- Mental wounds can work as hiding places for malevolent spirits.
- Influence/voice of the malevolent spirits gets transformed into your own inner dialogue/subconscious thoughts if the spirit "speaks through" the mental wound to you.
- Fix mental wounds and spirits hiding behind/in them don't have a hiding place anymore: you'll notice them automatically when they act.
- Mental wounds act like anchors for malevolent spirits: they keep hold to them if you try to cast them out, making it much harder to get rid of them.
- Shadow Work is really powerful, effective and fast way to heal mental wounds.
- Fix all mental wounds and you become like a greased glass: no malevolent spirit can grab hold of you and take home in you.

BTW: I hope you're OK and well, since you haven't been on this forum for awhile now. Then again I remember you mentioning that you don't visit this forum often.
Your story reminds me a little bit of a scary spiritual experience I had in a hallway as a child. But that wasn't exactly a "Boo" hehe. it was something else which was scary. But standing in a hallway refuting the emotional influence, reminded of that.

the lessons learned stuff seems really insightful to me :)

I'm not 100% in agreement with the last bit, that fixing all mental wounds leaves you bulletproof to malevolent spiritual influence. BUT it certainly closes a huge gaping hole.

odd that you hoped I was ok 6 days ago.
I get busy with this & that, and it can be hard to keep up a routine hehe. and i can fall out of the habit of regularly doing something (like bounce around a forum :)
6 days ago though, i thought, out of the blue, "I need to check back with that forum", I wasn't at a computer at the time though, so i just made a mental note to get to it sometime this week. your synchronicities are rubbing off on me eeek! :P

Return to “Shamanism”