Guatemalan shamanism and witchcraft

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Paschal

My wife is Guatemalan. During our visits to her family there, I discovered a Central American nation lurching into the 21st Century, where shamanism and witchcraft still influenced daily life.

There is, for instance, a village in South Eastern Guatemala my brother in law mentioned while in his cups, where everyone is supposedly a witch (bruja) or a warlock (brujo), and where -- for money -- you can have almost anything happen to your enemies.

Though that seemed absurd, I decided to research the subject and learned there are spirit energies Central America's have long experienced that mediate our material lives here in the middleworld.

Rather than bore with exposition, I wrote The Bruja's Tale, a mystery novel that deals with the subject. Check: http://www.thebrujastale.com for a five page of sample of what I provided in response.

This is, of course, a blatent self promotion. But those who want to follow the development of a truly reluctant shaman into the first stages of shamanistic enlightenment may find it worthwhile to buy the first book.

Itzamna and Kukulkan will bless you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Yog-Sothoth

It seems quite interesting.
Thank you

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: nechesh

A blatant promotion in one forum (witchcraft) is bad enough. Why are you breaking forum policy twice with the same post? :eh:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: yuqingeng2007

3. The New Teacher George comes from school on the first of September. "George, how did you like your new teacher?" asked his mother. "I didn\'t like her, Mother, because she said that three and three were six and then she said that two and four were six too....." scale inhibitor

Return to “Shamanism”