Finding Your Spirit Animal

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Wolf Spider

Not only do animals choose us, but we can choose their assistance as well.

We may have several of course that guide us, watch over us, or give help.

You may ask for their help at anytime.

If a loved one, or friend has a particular Winged One, Four Legged, or even Snake as their Spirit Guide and you view, or are visited by their particular "guide", usually we know then that we are being sent their "guide" to watch over us, or send a message to contact our friend.

It is very real, and quite good.

Respectfully I share in a good way.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Dracophoenix

I think it depends on the person to whether the animal chooses them or whether they choose the animal or both. For example I LOVE unicorns and pegasus and pegacorns. Have stuffed unicorns and pegasus, unicorn and pegasus figurines all around. However neither is an animal guide for me. I do have dragon phoenix and thunderbird as animal guides they have been with me for as long as I can remember. I love these animals too and collect plenty of dragons in my apartment as a result. On the other hand my cousin Kim LOVES unicorns more than I do and was a unicorn in many of her past lives. She has unicorn and pegacorn and winged unicorn as her animal guides. I think we can attract animals we love to us in some cases as animal guides and our reason for loving them so is because of our connection to these animals also I think sometimes our love and attraction to different animals call them to be our animal guides. Sometimes it can be both like with my sister. At first she didn't have horse as a animal guide but does now. She at first was scared to ride one because it was much bigger than her and she was afraid she was gonna fall off and hurt herself. I didn't have this fear and climbed right on showing her that horses weren't so scray and she could ride one too. She loves horses now and it took a few times seeing how much fun I was having before she'd ride one with me. Horse both chose her and on a subconscious level she chose horse as her animal guide.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: 7x5 Blunt

I'm a greedy asshole so I refuse to explain what my Spirit Animal is :P I guess I'm an enslaver by nature. But psh, I don't like copycats. Its horrible when people start calling you a poser for being your Self :rolleyes:

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: LadyHydralisk

good lord Dracophoenix, let me get you Lisa Frank towel....to clean up your unicorn loving slobber

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Wolf Spider;294955 wrote:Not only do animals choose us, but we can choose their assistance as well.

We may have several of course that guide us, watch over us, or give help.

You may ask for their help at anytime.

If a loved one, or friend has a particular Winged One, Four Legged, or even Snake as their Spirit Guide and you view, or are visited by their particular "guide", usually we know then that we are being sent their "guide" to watch over us, or send a message to contact our friend.

It is very real, and quite good.

Respectfully I share in a good way.
or "even" snake...hey wtf....

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: She Demon Wolf

Heheh. Don't mess with the snake people.

People often forget how cool snakes actually are, I think. Or are scared of them, which I just don't get. There's more to spirit animals than wolves and tigers and bears. :)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Oh noes. We are doomed.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Pheathers

yeah...how come no one ever has a parakeet totem animal? or maybe a flea?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Koran

Tiger. Hands down.

I've always been deeply connected to tigers, even when I wasn't in the occult. The tiger was even the symbol for a team (if you want to know of what, message me...it's too embarrassing... -_-) that I led.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Koreku

Wolf. Hands down.

I've always been deeply connected to wolves, even when I wasn't in the occult(mimmick intended). But really, even though I can't place the reason, everything about wolves makes me feel a weird tug... and in every test I take about a totem animal I wind up getting wolf.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

yeah...how come no one ever has a parakeet totem animal? or maybe a flea?

You know, I think people just ignore it if a less 'cool' animal shows up in your life. But I've heard of people finally getting their senses together and accepting they had Frog Totems, or even Spider Totems. I think people just get more excited if a bigger, 'cooler' animal makes an appearance. And often it's these smaller critters that have the most interesting messages. For example frogs are quite magical (and rappresent consciousness and changes within it, in those terms), and are also symbols of good luck, fertility, and are deeply connected to the element of water.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Demetrios
She Demon Wolf;299209 wrote:You know, I think people just ignore it if a less 'cool' animal shows up in your life. But I've heard of people finally getting their senses together and accepting they had Frog Totems, or even Spider Totems. I think people just get more excited if a bigger, 'cooler' animal makes an appearance. And often it's these smaller critters that have the most interesting messages. For example frogs are quite magical (and rappresent consciousness and changes within it, in those terms), and are also symbols of good luck, fertility, and are deeply connected to the element of water.
Yup. Especially the "wolfy" symbolisms should be usually discarded as bad cases of wannabeisms and other forms of wishfull thinking... ;-)

Just teesing. But seriously, I really can't imagine why anyone on the Internet should be interested about my somehow meaningfull encounters with this or that animal species. Or to think that there would be some universal symbolisms to them.

But to end on a (hmm?) lighter note, I can't even say that I wouln't have had seriously meaningfull encounters with the pack. Of wolves e.g., and Hallava, the He-Wolf... :)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Demetrios
chingwauk;294395 wrote:I was taught that you have only one Totem Animal.It depends on the day and month you are born in.

Power animals choose you and you can have several but in my case there has been only one A small brown bear that acts as my protector as well.
As per traditions of the Earth, you are completely wrong. Which doesn't mean you couldn't be right about your own tradition.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Rend Sever

Mine was (re)introduced to me while lucid dreaming, complete with a written name on a parchment. He actually jumped into my arms, and I immediately broke into tears. It was like embracing a long lost brother. Very overwhelming.

Instantly upon waking, I remembered long forgotten memories of my nurturing by this animal guide as a small child. I even used to run around with him and play just about every day. He's been there with me this whole time waiting patiently, I just had been preoccupied with societal programming to take notice.

Maybe something you can do is meditate on past childhood memories, of "imaginary" friends or some obscure animal you had a fascination with?

EDIT: I know animal totem/spirit definitions are very similar culture to culture, but I speak of mine in the sense of a Fylgja.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: tribalwitch

mine is a snake. They always seemed to find and protect me even when i was little. I meet mine on a inner journey and had been a great guide to me since. A snake is the symbol for a gaurdien. It also means pure spiritual, Underworld and sensual,

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: tiger_shark

I happen to beleive that people have more than one animal spirit that accompanies them throughout different segments of thier life as needed. My main totem is a shark while my newest is a tiger. I discovered the shark on my own through a meditative journey while the tiger decided to come find me and "interrupt" one of my meditations. Both helped me through very difficult times in my life.

In my experience more often than not people have less "cool" seeming animals, I have met people who had a bat, deer, cat, frog, eagle, dolphin, and a dog.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Insipid Pariah

All I did was ask. I forget who it was that taught me. Now that I think about it I believe I learned it from a dream about something else.

I asked and that night I was introduced to a fox in my dream. It was introduced to me by a person I trusted 100% in my past, that was how I knew what I was being shown was the real deal. Something in the dream called it Grandfather Fox and I have realized my connection with Foxes ever since.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Mokona_Modoki

I haven't doen so well with the spirit animal thing. I have had one trying to get my attention but my skills are rather hazy and haven't been able to find out its intent or purpose. I even have trouble finding it. :)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: DevilBees

Bees found me.

One day I was walking, and out of no where my energy manifested itself as a swarm of purple bees.

I just sort of rolled with it, and its been a pretty effective method of visualization and protection ever since. And maybe a lesson in teamwork.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Jenfucius
DevilBees;341602 wrote:Bees found me.

One day I was walking, and out of no where my energy manifested itself as a swarm of purple bees.

I just sort of rolled with it, and its been a pretty effective method of visualization and protection ever since. And maybe a lesson in teamwork.

Maybe its a sign? Maybe they truly are your spirit guides.
So you werent stung at all?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

It wasn't like a swarm of bees came and started to crawl over my body. My energy or prana, suddenly manifested itself as a swarm of bees. It was very spontaneous, but its how I've percieved my energy since then. I'm also trying to kindle a closer relationship with material bees, and am looking for some inscetile entities to commune with, to deepen my relationship with the Bee Archtype.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Jenfucius

Oh okay. :)

It could explain your screen name.

You could literally try to communicate with bees maybe you'lll get a response in your dreams.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I'm looking for a demon to teach unto me the language of beasts.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Rend Sever

[QUOTE=DevilBees;342089]I'm looking for a demon to teach unto me the language of beasts.[/QUOTE]

Eh? All it takes is some patience, practice and the ability to listen.

Return to “Shamanism”