can anyone give me some info on Norse shamanism

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: rhavenheartboreal

anyone out there know of any good articles on this site or not pretaining to the shamanism of the norse, maybe some things on the beserker culture?

much thanks in advance

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Dracophoenix

The woeding used I think had a psychdelic plant in it if I recal correctly as one of the ingredients. I know from personal experience that my having certain symbols painted on you can affect you in different ways. I think that the ingredients in the woeding increased the power of symbols used. Plus if I recall correctly according to certain tales told if you use your enemy's blood on you you can gain their knowledge strength and wisdom if done correctly. However I could be totally wrong. If I'm wrong then I'm sure someone will correct me. So I appologise now for any misinformation.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: rhavenheartboreal

aye the same woad used by the celtic warriors who rode into battle naked.

There has been no proof though that there was any use of hallcenogens, or steriods, I know woad is simply a dye and has no property of such, but it is quite possible that they infused some type of drug with the woad so it would enter the skin easier.

and last longer.

thank you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: gentlething entity

You might look up Raven Kaldera's website. I believe it is http://www.cauldronfarm.com . Nine Worlds, Nine Days would be of particular interest. Not berserker, but very interesting.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: lunukaos

I read somewhere (I hate it when I can't remember a source!!!) that the berzerkers used to overdose on St. John's Wort.
As far as some experimenting I've done with the berzerk, a lot of it is adrenaline control. A basic beginning technique for this would be to breathe in through your mouth and out you nose while tensing your muscles with each exhale. Also, the use of old norse chants, "war drumming" and classical shapeshifting techniques is a major plus.
I personally am of the opinion that the berzerkers were in a constant state of "combat gnosis" or no-mind as it is called in Martial arts. They had full control over their actions, but also had the full benefit of a massive adrenaline rush, which would account for feats of strength as well as the legendary stamina.

MarthaMuffin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MarthaMuffin »

Hello , I know this is an old post but i thought you might like to know that we are bringing Ravan Kaldera to the UK for a series of talks and a weekend workshop if you are interested you can see more here http://thebaphhouse.com/2010/12/mapping-the-underworld/ . Thanks x

Return to “Shamanism”