Soul Retrieval

apple
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by apple »

I have a session with a shaman coming up for soul retrieval for PTSD. Just wanted to know if anyone had experiances they could share regarding shamanic healing and soul retriaval in particular.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

It's not easy,but it will be possibly the most amazing thing you ever experience,if it's done right.Good luck with it.May talk more later..hmm...highly personal.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

apple
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by apple »

Yeah... My session isnt until the 11th, but the ball is definately rolling. Good to know someone is out there with some first hand experiance. I will keep posting.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

Please do,apple,but only what you are comfortable with others knowing about.You can pm me any time too,I check in here regularly.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Rikoshi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Rikoshi »

I had been reading Shamanism for Complete Idiots (better than I thought it would be), reading through techniques, and came across an entry on 'soul loss'. It wasn't like some horrible, dramatic, utterly dead inside zombie thing, but more like a deep and lasting depression. Which a friend of mine had, and as I read the symptoms I noticed them point for point. He had been like this for quite some time, a week at minimum.

So, while they headed out for some food, I lay down and perform a little spirit journey, traveling down to the depths of some sort of ocean where I find his soul lost- which seemed easy to do for him as he never believed in his soul (atheist). So, I grab this thing, move it away from the various drudgey, depressing, spiritual predators feeding upon it and return it to his body, feeling pretty good about it.

He is laughing and smiling when he comes in the door and gets back. I tell him about the ritual I perform, he then asks about the timing. He gets a funny look on his face.

"Thats very interesting timing... but you're still wrong!"

I couldn't expect too much from the man who saw a fully manifested ghost and chalks it up to hallucination though. Still, it definitely seemed to work.

Not 100% sure this is the same thing, but it seems on the same lines.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

It is certainly along similar lines Rikoshi.You described a Shamanic process there,did something happen to/with him while he was out,though,that interests me.Why it was,in his words,'interesting timing'?

Rikoshi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Rikoshi »

In other words, his crippling depression cleared at about the same time I finished the process.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

What exactly is Soul Retrial?
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

darkwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by darkwolf »

Well, from what I've gathered myself, some souls come under attack from all *sorts* of spirits, some taking the soul away (still connected to the body) to cause it all sorts of harm (depression, etc), some literally ripping it from the body (the results of which seem to be a complete numbness about life and everything) and soul-retrieval is literally going astral to recover it, and return it to the body. Most people I know who do soul retrieval of any kind are, occult-wise, some of the nimblest and toughest people (either/or situation there) I've ever met, and I doff my hats to these people, because there is a very real danger that they themselves will be snared.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

Sounds most interesting. Thank you for the information. Though I have always held the belief that if the soul was taken from the body then the body would just stop functioning, that the soul is what makes us who we are.
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

It's not the 'whole' soul,V, it's parts or 'shards' as they're called.It is a type of psychic therapy,as I see it.Fighting the mind monsters,on behalf of anothe person.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

Ok I am more with you now. Is there any good books about this?

Mei
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Mei »

V Actually I found a book called By Oak, Ash & Thorn by DJ Conway to be good on not only explaining soul retrieval but giving an intro on how to do it in a Celtic Shamanistic way. I've not put what I read into practice yet as I don't think I'm ready to just yet, but its definately worth looking into if you have an interest in this area shamanism.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

Ack,sorry Mei,but DJ Conway.....yeuck!!!!! Fluff Neopagan garbage.[Celtic Shamanism..ahem! ]Sorry,but I 'm a half breed,part Balt part Celt and I grew up in a Celtic culture.Believe me please,DJ Conway is NOT a decent source for Shamanic knowledge.

http://www.northernshamanism.org/articles.html

'Snakes,Wyrms and Evil Spirits' is a good article on this page,but it's all good actually.I 'm not sure which books of Raven's might address soul shard work specifically,I'll check up, as he is a prolific writer,lol.

There is a lot of hogwash out there,in the world and online about Shamanism,critical thinking is very necessary.Avoid the 'everybody has totems' and 'love and light' brigade like the plague they are.

Mei
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Mei »

I'm not saying its the only source or the best or that it doesn't have fluff, but for an introduction to someone who knows absolutely nothing on the subject its a decient primer into the subject. Besides, just because one writer seems fluff-tastic and an indecent source for one person doesn't mean that it won't click with someone else. For me DJ Conway works and makes sense in a broad overall sense not in details for you it may be someone else. I find when I'm coming across something in these books that seems like fluff my brain skips over it and onto more usefull information. Just because you find someone or something off key with you or your culture doesn't mean you should diss it completely, it just doesn't work for you. And am I going to actually put things from the above mentioned book into pratice based on that one book alone, definately not.

Part of why I joined here was to find other sources of information that is more reliable and less fluffy and I'll definately give your link a look though.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

I wasn't trying to be offensive,Mei,sorry if it seems I was.

Mei,opinions are subjective,facts are not and DJ Conway is one author who has a lot of trouble distinguishing fact from fallacy.If you want to learn about Celtic culture,custom and spiritual beliefs you should look for Scholarly works/Research on the subjects and avoid Neopagan authors altogether.They quote frequently from others who also got it wrong and this is how lies and fakelore get perpetuated.

It can be difficult I know if you are new to a field of study,to find decent references and material,as these Neo nonsense authors are the most readily available and prolific.However,that dosen't mean it's ok to accept their 'quick profit bandwagoning' as truth.

I 'm not having a go at you,I'm trying to warn you not to waste your time with this author and those like them.I'm sorry if I didn't communicate that clearly.The author you mentioned gets my hackles up,more than a little,particularly.Sorry about that.

Celt is a cultural group,made up of several nations/tribal peoples who shared a commonality of language roots,lifestyle and customs,however each of the Celtic groups is divergent and grew and changed over time,so there is no one universal set of 'Celtic spirituality'.Victorian colonial romanticism certainly didn't help any either and there is a lot of trash from that period that has made it's way into many books/other materials also.

I'll ask around for decent sources for you,it's not my main area of practice and belief you see,I follow a Norse path,but I do know a lot about the folklore and many of our local customs/beliefs here,in the West of Scotland,at least.I grew up with it all and it's surprising how much of the Pagan traditions survived,veiled as they were,but still kept alive in our hearts and minds.

Mei
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Mei »

Aye, and I wasn't as upset as I sounded in my post.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm very new to practicing and studying in any field of the occult and such. I find that when studying on my own I need to take it in steps that I can understand and I find that fluff is okay when getting an idea of the information you want but when it comes to deep down practice and study the less fluff the better. I was assuming that anyone reading my first post would recognize the author and know if a lint roller was needed if they even entertained the idea of looking at the book or not.

And I can definately understand why you would guide people away from that particular author. I stumbled across another book by the DJ Conway some time ago that while is in my archive of books somewhere I avoid opening like the plague because it is nothing but drivel and impratical fluff. I almost didn't buy the second book (Mentioned above) because of it but another friend of mine pointed out that while I may not like the author the basic informaiton I was looking for was there if I bothered to filter away the neo-fluff and find it. Something that comes fairly easy to me.

And I'm familiar with Celtic traditions and such and know that it is a broad grouping that at one point spanned most of Northern Europe and has been very over romanticized over the years. Today's society has made it incorrectly become almost interchangable with "Irish" without realizing that there's a good many of people and entities that would probably find this assumption offensive. While my heritage is a mix of things, northern Europe/Celtic has a strong influence in my bloodlines hence my looking into "forgotten aspects" of it.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

V Actually I found a book called By Oak, Ash & Thorn by DJ Conway to be good on not only explaining soul retrieval but giving an intro on how to do it in a Celtic Shamanistic way. I've not put what I read into practice yet as I don't think I'm ready to just yet, but its definately worth looking into if you have an interest in this area shamanism
Thank you. I will have a look at this book.
Ack,sorry Mei,but DJ Conway.....yeuck!!!!! Fluff Neopagan garbage.[Celtic Shamanism..ahem! ]Sorry,but I 'm a half breed,part Balt part Celt and I grew up in a Celtic culture.Believe me please,DJ Conway is NOT a decent source for Shamanic knowledge.
I am Norwegian, every now and again there comes a book on Norse magick, and as far a being Norse magick most of them are complete bullshit, they are new age stuff. However I have learned not to be to picky, that even if something is a new creation, presented as something old, that do not necessary mean that what is in the book can not be useful. Conway do not present real Celtic knowledge nor any real Shamanic knowledge, but his path can still be useful, if one take it for what it is, a new creation.
but for an introduction to someone who knows absolutely nothing on the subject its a decient primer into the subject.
The teacher I worked with for several years main thing was Shamanism, I am not a shaman, but I do pride myself with a good base knowledge on the subject. It is this soul shard stuff I have no experience with. What I am looking for is knowledge on the soul shard topic. Though off course a good book on any occult topic is welcome.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

"...but for an introduction to someone who knows absolutely nothing on the subject its a decient primer into the subject..."

No.I'm sorry,but this statement is ridiculous.

Do you think it's ok to let a beginner,in any field of study,learn primarily from false premises? Really?

I think we must agree to differ on this matter,as further argument would no doubt prove futile,but I reiterate :

Opinions are subjective,facts are not.

Apple: good luck with your appointment,hope all goes well for you.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

I agree that if one is introducing something to a complete beginner then it is very important that the information is correct. When one know a bit about a subject then one can do what Mei says and just ignore what seams like bullshit. I actually like Silver Ravenwolf's books, and I use that method there, just shifting out the bullshit. But if a person have no prior knowledge in a field, then one do not know what is bullshit or not. I do know a bit about shamanism, I think I should be able to shift out the worst bullshit, but I agree if Mei believed me a complete beginner then a book with allot of bullshit is not the best, however I think it is very nice of her to take the time to recommend me a book. And I will look into it.

Sarosong
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Sarosong »

Hm, it's past the eleventh. How did your soul retrieval go? I'm interested to know what happened.

darkwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by darkwolf »

Aye, meself also.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by Nahemah »

"however I think it is very nice of her to take the time to recommend me a book. And I will look into it."

Agreed.Sorry V.

I can share my soul shard thoughts and personal experiences with you ,but I 'm a bit lacking on book lore,I learned as I went.It was hard going and without corroboration,until years later.

Me too,Apple,how did things go for you ?We are waiting with bated breath,hoping for good things....

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Soul Retrieval

Post by Venefica »

Personal experiences is far more valuable than any book. I would love to hear about your experiences.

awriterscorned
Forum Member
Forum Member

Soul Retrieval

Post by awriterscorned »

Where did you make this appointment? I am interested in trying something like this.

Return to “Shamanism”