Divination by drumming

Philoneus Bosch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Divination by drumming

Post by Philoneus Bosch »

This is something that I want to know more about. In an issue of the Fortean Times an article made mention of Finnish shamanic drumming. They said that the shaman sprinkled seeds or grains or such like on the surface of the drum and began to drum. I take it that the answer to the enquiry was arrived at by interpreting the amount, placing and possibly even the orientation of the seeds remaining on the drum after the shaman has finished. As with many such drums, there would be pictures of various totemic animals and symbols painted upon it and I believe that these would have a bearing on the answer given. Can anybody provide more information? Thank you.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Divination by drumming

Post by TheSeeker »

Hey,
I'm new here, and suppose I ought to do one of those dreadful Intro posts elsewhere, but anyway...

I came across this vid months ago, but only stumbled across your post this morning.
Hope it helps. :)

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Divination by drumming

Post by Nahemah »

Hello again you!good to see you here mate.You really should do an intro post,lol,as this is me going off topic just to say hi....ohoh.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Shamanism”