Dreamwalking fun.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dreamwalking fun.

Post by Nahemah »

Just wanted to share and ask,about this.All thoughts welcome.I don't usually work with African magicks,at all.I do have some small talent for psychometry,however.I am wondering why this Spirit is talking to me,a Northern European practioner is it that I 'm the nearest or most convenient medium,do you think?

Last night I was in the local Art gallery/musuem [Kelvingrove,Glasgow]

Not literally but through the dreamscape,lol.I found myself sitting with a tribal mask wearing spirit.Closest I can describe is it's a ceremonial spirit mask of the Ibo people,from Nigeria.It has raffia 'hair'and a small face.[I can't find a pic online,will post one after going up in person while awake and finding out it's actual origins,lol.I 've seen it many times before,but always behind the glass of the display.I was sitting outside the display case on a bench with him,his body was shadowy and indistinct,but I really couldn't take my eyes away from 'his'gaze,so not sure totally on that.

'He' was most agitated and rascible,rattling out his words at speed,I don't know what he said exactly, but it was forceful.I have an impression of what he said,but again I'm going up there to get a closer look and see if anything falls into place a bit more,so I 'll fill in more later.

I don't like the energies of these masks,when I go to the musuem,or of the Benin bronzes either as it's not peaceful at all it bristles and craqckles at times,unsurprising really I believe, or does it make me a lone nutter to think these power objects belong be with their own people in their homelands and not here, displayed as trophies of a bygone Imperium?

Does anyone else get cross cultural,or unfamiliar spirits dropping by with a message,ho0w do you feel about it?

I'm a bit fazed,but intrigued nonetheless.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

apple
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dreamwalking fun.

Post by apple »

Hi Nahemah,

Ive had a similar experiance at an indian museum of the Makah tribe. Everything in it was taken from very sacred ground - an ancient makah village that was buried and discovered somewhat recently. The spirits in there are pretty pissed. Entering the place is like intruding on a camp of irate warriors.

This makes me wonder if anyone here has ever had a problem possesing or taking artifacts or things that are sacred or from sacred places. There are the stories about tourists being cursed for taking rocks from that volcano in hawaii. Ive taken rocks from the beach where the makah village was buried because they were beautiful and the place has signifigance to me. Just a Thought.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dreamwalking fun.

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks Apple.Good to know it's not just me.I'll report back on this,as I've not been up to see 'him' yet,in person.

I am rubbish on this keyboard [borroewd laptop,lol]So I am only posting short messages,lol.Back soonish.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Shamanism”