Music, the art of.

catboydale
Forum Member
Forum Member

Music, the art of.

Post by catboydale »

I have been playing music my entire life. I've also been composing music for over 11 years of my life. I have to say, music is a strange beast. But I love music. Music will be a part of my life for the rest of my life. It is my passion. It has gotten me through the worst of times. Music is said to even sooth the savage of beasts. And I've seen it done. It's almost natural. We can all feel the beat. The drums that make our foot tap, or even make us get up and dance. I'm sure we've all felt that feeling of adrenaline coursing through our veins when we hear an amazing song for the first time. I've listened to songs that have put me in tears. The beauty of such works captivates me, and brings a rush of strong emotions.
So...Is music magical?
I like to think it is.

If music is a magic. Then I would like to say that I am good at it. I will always be on the journey to master it. Like a monk and his martial arts, music to me is the tool I will master to reach enlightenment. I'm very blessed to have music in my life..

Do you feel the same way? What does music mean to you?

Oh, and here's a sample of my work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3UrMtggnHk

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Music, the art of.

Post by Nahemah »

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

We have a Music/Audio folder you can use also.Please do post in it,it could use some reviving. 8)

I get high on music,quite literally,lol,I get a tingle in my Solar area which spreads out wards.

I use certain music and tonal vibrations inmy intonations and chanting,I work a lot of Trance magicks.

joeyv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by joeyv »

Yes, music is a medium that takes me to places unseen and helps me experience emotions that surprise me, emotions I would otherwise suppress until caught off guard by a song or an instrumental piece.
I play guitar and now am just using primitive percussion instruments for enjoyment.
I'm a lot better listener than player though I still enjoy my feeble attempts of making music out of my instruments.
Isn't it great?
May I share a beautiful instrumental with you? It is on youtube and the artist is Mahavishnu John McLaughlin. The piece he is performing is called,"When love is far away".
Enjoy! [happy]

yyxx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by yyxx »

catboydale, lovely piece.

Music is magic. Music I believe is the one form of expression that comes the closest to 'describing' and 'transmitting' our inner nature. It manages to say those things infinitely beyond words.
Anyone who is skeptical about the "magical" nature of music needs simply to eat some LSD and allow themselves to be consumed by some psychedelic vibrations.

I'm quite convinced that there are some out there who are refining the use of music to cast spells upon humanity.

The 'darker' spells obviously being things like commercial hip-hop (money, cars, bitches). Jenna Rose and Rebecca Black I would say fall into the darker category (anyone hear Triggy got a new Blackberry?). These are more explicit and wordy. They have a direct intention and the musicality is desperately lacking. Kind of like doing ballet in doc martens. It misses the point. Only fucking idiots will eat this shit and they get their just reward.

The more intriguing musical spells I believe are those that intentionally and very sneakily manage to creep up and pull those strings you never knew were there. Like a stranger revealing your unknown secrets to you. You have to be in the right state of mind though.
There's a lot of music out there that seems to be moving strongly with the momentum of the strange currents around us.

I've also been making music for a long time and I share your sentiments. It can be used as a very strong gateway to other things.
Pull your fucking head out of the clouds and remember why you are here

Return to “Shamanism”