How to create a being to manifest physically.

pagancatholic
Forum Member
Forum Member

How to create a being to manifest physically.

Post by pagancatholic »

Hey friends,
I am looking to create a being that can physically manifest and interact with me. How can I do this?
Blessed Be

Madavascus
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: How to create a being to manifest physically.

Post by Madavascus »

Dear pagancatholic,

The great Paracelsus in his works has mentioned the possibility of creating small, animated and autonomous humanoid creatures known as homunculi (homunculus being the singular form). The exact process of creating synthetic life, or to use Jabir Ibn Hayyan's term, تكوين‎ - Takwin, is lost knowledge. Many in recent times have claimed to have rediscovered the process by which such an incredibly advanced feat of alchemy and occultism can be done. For the most part, this art has fallen in disrepute with many modern occultists for its wildly fantastic manifestations in folklore. Paul Christian (Jean Baptiste Pitois) in his The History and Practice of Magic wrote:
Would you like to make a Mandragora, as powerful as the homunculus (little man in a bottle) so praised by Paracelsus? Then find a root of the plant called bryony. Take it out of the ground on a Monday (the day of the moon), a little time after the vernal equinox. Cut off the ends of the root and bury it at night in some country churchyard in a dead man's grave. For thirty days water it with cow's milk in which three bats have been drowned. When the thirty-first day arrives, take out the root in the middle of the night and dry it in an oven heated with branches of verbena; then wrap it up in a piece of a dead man's winding-sheet and carry it with you everywhere.
The Golem of folklore has its origins in 16th century Prague where a Jewish rabbi and Qabalist named Judah Loew ben Bezalel (The Maharal) allegedly created an animate creature made of clay (the golem) using an advanced Qabalistic art.

It is not a difficult thing to create a magical servitor, or familiar spirit that can manifest itself in almost physical ways to you, but to hope to create a physical creature is not a possibility that is given much credence within most occult circles. For the purposes of companionship, I think acquiring an animal familiar or pet would be a more plausible solution. You can commune with animals or particularly deep levels if you're gifted.

Of course, by no means should what I've said discourage you. With the names of people and things I've mentioned, I think you have the path set for a very rewarding research. Best of luck, and please do share your results with us! [smile]
Incipit Chaos!

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I don't know if I could acquire any bats, or if I'd want to anyway, but this sounds like an interesting idea. I'd never before considered creating a physical being, but I'd like to. I feel like hoodoo and/or vodoun might have something interesting to say about this, too.

Time to go ponder about this for a few weeks, considering if/how it can be done.

OmKaliMa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by OmKaliMa »

Look into Servitors.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

I've never heard of a servitor that was able to manifest itself physically. And since I imagine that the complexities of creating a physical being would far outstrip the factors involved in servitor creation, I would consider that craft a baby step in the right direction, at most.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Well, there's the whole Tulpa thing, I could find you the creepypasta version quite easily...

I know it's something I read about long before the stories started showing up on /x/, so it could be an angle worth investigating. What I've read about it are that a Tulpa essentially starts life as a servitor. Gradually it becomes solid and visible to the creator, and eventually to other people too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Hmm. Interesting. The main hang up for me, regarding beginning with a servitor, is that my process of servitor creation is generally very complete and very final.. I have difficulty imagining where my servitors would go from there. However, as physical bodies are extremely complex, it would make sense to "leave the engine running" on it's creation in the background.
I'll have to ponder the connection between these things.
Thanks for the link, too. =]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I saw the topic and also thought Tulpa,right away. [grin]

But hey,you could always adopt.... [thumbup]
[my house is like Ye [cry2] Olde Eretik Sanctuary and Respite centre for damaged,lost or bewildered soulshards,lol]

believe me there are various types pf astral and spiritual/energy waifs and strays wandering the spaces,lost and confused.Some are escapees and others are servitors/fetches etc .that have been left or abandoned instead of reabsorbed.Some folk are very careless,tsk,tsk.

They tend to respond very nicely to some magickal tlc,a fresh purpose and a warm home.

At the risk of stepping out of the shadows more than a bit....which tends to be a common preferred [easier to work with/achieve successfully also] form for these beings too,by the way...

I work with fetches mostly,it's my home ground,lol and I 've 've taken in a few strays myself too.I have interesting fripperies and knick knacks which make good anchor points/spirit houses.With your interest in Hoodoo and Voudou,reptilian,you should find someting like this to work from?

A fetch,in the folkloric sense,is a part of your own /spirit given independent mobility,it can be sent out to do your bidding as human but more often animal or shadowy forms are used.Ancient superstition says you should be the only one who cannot see the human ever,as meeting yourself in the 'real world' is a foretelling of your own death.This I have found to be largely untrue,but Immv.Meh.[If in doubt don't give it your own image and be careful arounds mirrors for the duration of your working,that makes sense too]

http://blakulla.home.mindspring.com/fetch.pdf

http://www.rialian.com/elvsteut.htm

http://heathen.wikispaces.com/Fylgia

Manifestation in the physical realm is indeed possible over time,but it sometimes freaks out visitors,so watch on that,lol again. [tongue]

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Definitely trying it. o.o

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Cats also make good sounding boards for spirits, as they can feel perceive them much easier than we can. If you have a cat, try summoning spirits with the cat in the room - when the cat starts to go nuts you know the spirit is about. As for materialising the spirit into physical form, try first materialising them into the smoke from a candle - that isnt too hard. If you can do that then try materialising them into harder objects, like water for instance. Build your way up through a sort of physical food chain, so to speak, dont just assume that you'll get success with full physical manifestation into flesh.

Fetches can be fun, but so can dream incubi and succubi. Ditto with servitors - work on summoning a servitor, then start summoning the servitor into smoke, then into water, then into clay - pretty soon you'll have a physical manifestation, even if its not that mobile, it will still be physical and useful in that it will be a servitor in physical form.

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

This article almost makes me sad that I've never experienced sleep paralysis. XD

Excellent information, guys. Working on it little by little.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

reptilian wrote:
This article almost makes me sad that I've never experienced sleep paralysis. XD
I wouldn't be :p it's not a particularly pleasant experience, though after the first few times you kind of get used to it. I've had times where I've started to experience sleep paralysis while drifting off at night and actually been able to consciously slip in and out of it. Interesting, but not useful when I'm already somewhat of an insomniac.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

reptilian
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by reptilian »

Well, I've successfully created a critter. o.o It doesn't have a body yet but has twice manifested a shadow and knocked over a small vial once. I'd tell you it's adorable name but I wouldn't want anyone trying to interact with it. =3

My process was (metaphorically):
purpose as DNA
energy as cellular tissues
authority/influence over matter/events as skeleton
naturally occurring personality as form

I can see it clearly in my dreamscape where it has the greatest power and freedom. It has become very intent on manifesting itself, and may be developing "attention whore" type qualities in conjunction with it's desire to manipulate objects and make friends. XD My studio is effectively and charmingly haunted. =]

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

you see i bielieve in dayjavue where two months ago i requested the witches feeding ground to have an entity secured on this website at the bottom admin and mods this post remeinds me of what i did and what i do else where creating creatures reforming them healing them making them whole and protecting them

entropic

Post by entropic »

Nahemah wrote:
But hey,you could always adopt.... [thumbup]
[my house is like Ye [cry2] Olde Eretik Sanctuary and Respite centre for damaged,lost or bewildered soulshards,lol]

believe me there are various types pf astral and spiritual/energy waifs and strays wandering the spaces,lost and confused.Some are escapees and others are servitors/fetches etc .that have been left or abandoned instead of reabsorbed.Some folk are very careless,tsk,tsk.

They tend to respond very nicely to some magickal tlc,a fresh purpose and a warm home.
Aww, you do that too? :) I've been doing this for years but they never stayed for longer than a few months (or do they just fade into the background some times?) at most unless I could find a new home for them with somebody else. But I didnt think of using items as 'houses', will try that next, always collected 'weird' items so I got a lot of suitable thingys.

Return to “Shamanism”