Disneyshamans

Disneyshamans

Post by guest »

I'm going to whine about idiots, just so you are warned.
I recently discovered this new type after being happily ignorant about them all my life.

The occasion was those weird journeys + getting stuck in a desert etc that I was asking about here before, since ignoring/refusing to believe didnt really work I got tired and after six months or so I followed the advice 'at least TALK to somebody involved with shamanism, they wont bite'. The result was sort of worse than I predicted, they were friendly enough until I said certain things that apparently didn't fit within their extremely narrow 'right way'-thingy. And then of course came the 'sorry, my spirit guide says I cant talk to you' and ignoring and suggestions of various forms of exorcism.

And I STILL have no idea what the hell they think I'm doing wrong (except 'invoke Set', which was 'shriek wrong god, heresy' or something), especially since I didnt choose this to happen. Anybody here that wont panic and can eh, try to explain some? And no, I'm not sure what I'm asking, I dont know anything about this except that I'm supposedly in dire need of 'soul cleansing' Even if I dont really believe in souls.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Disneyshamans

Post by Occultess »

I did a tarot reading to see if I might be able to help. I might do some more later. Not sure.

And to be honest, I use the internet to interpret my cards. Just so you don't think I'm some kind of professional or something. Anyway, the card that gave the "best course of action or advice from card" said this (well this is what I think applies to you):
In a reversed position, the Tower card can signify the ending of a troubling situation. This may be a good time to start over. Your internal structures have collapsed and you are in the process of discovering who you really are. In a Tarot reading, the Tower reversed may represent the deconstruction of your own identity. You are not who you thought you were. Although this can be a painful process, it’s time to become the person you want to be through a journey of self-discovery.
It also said this, which kind of sounds like your desert:
On a more negative note, the Tower reversed can indicate some form of injustice in your life. You may feel trapped in a situation that you wish to be freed from, but are unsure how to proceed. You may be required to confront a situation that could have been avoided
Under, "best way to proceed or use advice at present" it said:
Typically, an upright Ace of Wands can indicate a new venture or enterprise. This is a great time to utilize your creativity. You may feel a new sense of inspiration and enthusiasm. This is the time to get into action. Use your energy to open new doors. If you have started a new project or business, the Ace of Wands signifies success and fulfillment. You are now laying the foundations for your future.
I thought this had lots of meaning:
Wands often represent your sense of purpose in the world. In some cases, the Ace of Wands can indicate a change of direction.
as well as this:
You could also have a change of heart regarding a chosen life path

"Guidance of how to proceed in the future"
The tarot card meanings of the Queen of Pentacles often refer to practicality and sensibility.
She also represents solid foundations
When embarking on any new venture, the Queen of Pentacles signifies the need for an even handed and realistic approach. Utilize your organizational skills and be patient. You can expect steady growth.

"Expected results if guidance is followed"
In some cases, the Ten of Wands can indicate the individual that has taken on too much. It may be wise to delegate some of your responsibilities. In work related matters, the Ten of Wands can refer to a stressful and demanding project. In the end, however, your hard work will pay off. This may be the final stretch to the completion of an important project.

I didn't write everything that was written on the card pages. If you want to see what I didn't write I could give you a more complete copy-down or link you to the site or something.

And here's something that happened additionally after I did the reading. I left up the Occult Forum page your post is on and when I was done I went back to it and...I don't know how it happened, but somehow or another, every letter 'r' on the page got highlighted in yellow. That made me thing of the R rune and it was such a weird experience, I thought maybe it was a message. I looked at Sunnyway.com and found to the meaning of the R rune.
Raidho: (R: Wagon or chariot.) Travel, both in physical terms and those of lifestyle direction. A journey, vacation, relocation, evolution, change of place or setting. Seeing a larger perspective. Seeing the right move for you to make and deciding upon it. Personal rhythm, world rhythm, dance of life. Raidho Reversed or Merkstave: Crisis, rigidity, stasis, injustice, irrationality. Disruption, dislocation, demotion, delusion, possibly a death.
I thought the upright meaning seemed to fit in well with the stuff above about rethinking a life path and changing direction.

I haven't looked into the soul cleansing stuff yet.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Post by guest »

Thanks a lot :)

To put it this way, those are all familiar cards I've seen a lot lately, when I remember to try to look at them...I don't know much about reading those either, its more along the lines of 'think about something and draw a card. I dont think anything you said is way off.

Gr, I dont want a stupid soul cleansing, they are only going on about that because they play shamans and yet have silly christian ideas about good vs evil that they cant let go of. [grin]

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

It sounds like you had some questions for them that didn't get answered? What were the questions?

Post by guest »

In one way I did get answers, some times to find out that it made no difference.. but what I learnt fast was that there is a limit to what I can ask about and I dont know where that limit is, some things I see as crazy were fine and others I didnt think much about were 'revealing' in some way. When that happened I either got an answer + 10 statements about how I was doing everything wrong, or the whole thing derailed directly into 'you do everything wrong'. Same with how much I could share, say too much and they'd back away.

LandOfShadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LandOfShadows »

xaarea,

When working with the Occult you bump into "Spiritualists" and "New agers", neither really understand Hermetics, Rituals, Symbolism or much of anything outside of healing, chakra's, meditation, shamanism (If you can call it that, I have yet to have met one yet that actually spirit walks or uses any substances or astral methods to gain insight, many have watched too much Derek Acorah, in my opinion) Modern day witches, Wiccans and so on...

Really depends what questions you have and what your looking for...

I myself got pushed out of many forums that where based around one of the above, and only found a home on places that are either Esoteric, Occultic or Hermetic in nature and knowledge.

And trust me I have been called every thing from a Luciferian tobeing possessed by Pazuzu (an ancient Wind God that looks like my guide Anan-Ael).

LoS
Steve

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

LandOfShadows wrote:When working with the Occult you bump into "Spiritualists" and "New agers", neither really understand Hermetics, Rituals, Symbolism or much of anything outside of healing, chakra's, meditation, shamanism (If you can call it that, I have yet to have met one yet that actually spirit walks or uses any substances or astral methods to gain insight, many have watched too much Derek Acorah, in my opinion) Modern day witches, Wiccans and so on...

LoS, Dude. I have to say I think that you're painting folks with a pretty broad brush here, and coming kind of close to discounting the experiences, methodologies and paradigms of a good chunk of the Forum membership. Frankly, I fail to see what it is about the Abrahamic, Hermetic system that makes it more legitimate than any other. Yet this is not the place for that discussion. However, the truth of it is that there are just as many ingenuine Hermeticists out there as there are any other type of charlatan or deluded individual.

Some of us, no many of us, manage to have very real experiences of the numenous without having to initiate it ourselves, or even neccesarily wanting to. I don't call myself a Shaman as I don't work to heal others, but I have most certainly been Godsmacked, resulting in a much higher than average level of spirit activity in my life that I never asked for. This situation has left me in a spiritual wilderness, with a real need to determine a new direction for myself that takes my ongoing, persistant experiences into account, and weaves them into my wyrd as it were. My heritage is Northern European: Franco-Germanic mostly, with a good dose of Irish, but I've never been Baptized or Christened, or any of that. Thus, there are no teachers for me, no culturally specific, spiritual road map; the Romans and the Catholics saw to that. Therefore I'm left needing to find my own spiritual path.

xaarea wrote:The result was sort of worse than I predicted, they were friendly enough until I said certain things that apparently didn't fit within their extremely narrow 'right way'-thingy. And then of course came the 'sorry, my spirit guide says I cant talk to you' and ignoring and suggestions of various forms of exorcism.
And I STILL have no idea what the hell they think I'm doing wrong (except 'invoke Set', which was 'shriek wrong god, heresy' or something), especially since I didnt choose this to happen. Anybody here that wont panic and can eh, try to explain some? And no, I'm not sure what I'm asking, I dont know anything about this except that I'm supposedly in dire need of 'soul cleansing' Even if I dont really believe in souls.

xaarea: If Set's in the house, my advice would be to begin by researching him. Figure out who you're dealing with first. There is the original Egyptian Set, the Chaotic god of the Red Lands who stood in opposition to Horus as Yin to Yang. Then there's the Flowers-ian Temple of Set, who are Texans not Egyptians. Their Set is based on the Egyptian one, but frankly and imho, not the same thing at all.

The soul cleansing thing is bs. You may be getting it confused with Soul Retrieval. Simply stated: a technique used by many legitimate, and culturally diverse healers to recover lost chunks of a persons spirit that may have broken away or gone into hiding due to the experience of some form of trauma; physical, emotional or otherwise. From the experiences you have described, this is not what you need.

Also, I really firmly believe that no real shamanic-type would ever say to you that their spirit guide had forbid them to talk to you. Spirit guides are there to teach, advise, and dare I say it, guide the Healer in the pursuit of their healing. If you are going ask someone who is supposed to be a healer for help and for this reason they are refusing to talk to you, then in all likelihood you are waaay outside their area of expertise, and their egos won't permit them to admit it to you or themselves.

My honest advice to you is to:
a]. figure out who you are dealing with on a cosmic level. It occurs to me reading over this that it might not be Set at all, but another corresponding archetype that is contacting you in a form that your consciousness can most readily identify with and accept right now. And...
b]. begin to practice contacting them directly yourself, and ask them what they want. If you don't already, set up --no pun intended-- a regular meditation routine, and learn to journey astrally on your own. Develop your own means of presenting yourself to this energy in a way that will permit you to establish some kind of dialogue with it. As long as it's not telling you to "Burn them all!", or anything like that, you should be okay. [wink2]

Post by guest »

TheSeeker wrote: If Set's in the house, my advice would be to begin by researching him. Figure out who you're dealing with first. There is the original Egyptian Set, the Chaotic god of the Red Lands who stood in opposition to Horus as Yin to Yang. Then there's the Flowers-ian Temple of Set, who are Texans not Egyptians. Their Set is based on the Egyptian one, but frankly and imho, not the same thing at all.

The soul cleansing thing is bs. You may be getting it confused with Soul Retrieval. Simply stated: a technique used by many legitimate, and culturally diverse healers to recover lost chunks of a persons spirit that may have broken away or gone into hiding due to the experience of some form of trauma; physical, emotional or otherwise. From the experiences you have described, this is not what you need.

Also, I really firmly believe that no real shamanic-type would ever say to you that their spirit guide had forbid them to talk to you. Spirit guides are there to teach, advise, and dare I say it, guide the Healer in the pursuit of their healing. If you are going ask someone who is supposed to be a healer for help and for this reason they are refusing to talk to you, then in all likelihood you are waaay outside their area of expertise, and their egos won't permit them to admit it to you or themselves.

My honest advice to you is to:
a]. figure out who you are dealing with on a cosmic level. It occurs to me reading over this that it might not be Set at all, but another corresponding archetype that is contacting you in a form that your consciousness can most readily identify with and accept right now. And...
b]. begin to practice contacting them directly yourself, and ask them what they want. If you don't already, set up --no pun intended-- a regular meditation routine, and learn to journey astrally on your own. Develop your own means of presenting yourself to this energy in a way that will permit you to establish some kind of dialogue with it. As long as it's not telling you to "Burn them all!", or anything like that, you should be okay. [wink2]
I dont know anything about either version so guess I'd have to start with finding out what those are.

And I know soul cleansing is bs, its one of the reasons I'm annoyed at these idiots. I know what soul retrieval is and I didnt mix them up, especially since two different ones started going on about soul cleansing. Same with the spirit guide said not to talk to me, I know its just a lame excuse to hide behind so he wouldnt look like an asshole himself. But yea, way outside their area of expertise is right, also its very easy to get to, all it takes is to not read the same book they did.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll get back to you on that :)

LandOfShadows
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LandOfShadows »

TheSeeker,

Cheers for the heads up, but that wasn't the point I was making... I was just saying the Teachings of XOYLO has found it hard to find its place and thus so have I on many other forums, and all thought there are many good mediums there lots that play act.

LoS
Steve

Rauðolfr
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rauðolfr »

I think what's really being talked about here is intolerance.

in many ways one man's healthy is another’s messed up.

sometimes (and you see this in the medical profession also) people try to classify what they personally don’t like as wrong-ness or ill-ness, when really its not either. illness is a perspective... from the diseases point of view its doing great...
recently I came across an article about the DSMV5 reclassifying creativity as a mental disorder. whether or not its true doesn't matter, the point is is that we recognise that as a possibility.

If you feel healthy and fine, don't let a "shaman" who has "access to special knowledge" tell you you are in fact sick.
If you feel you need shamanistic help, find one who will help you without imposing judgements on you.

In my experience the most common cause of spiritual sickness is the belief that one is sick.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

KidKunjer wrote: I came across an article about the DSMV5 reclassifying creativity as a mental disorder.

[rofl] LOL

Is that really true?

Rauðolfr
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rauðolfr »

akimbomoss wrote:
KidKunjer wrote: I came across an article about the DSMV5 reclassifying creativity as a mental disorder.

[rofl] LOL

Is that really true?
aparantly:
http://naturalsociety.com/scientists-cr ... l-illness/

Post by guest »

KidKunjer wrote:I think what's really being talked about here is intolerance.

in many ways one man's healthy is another’s messed up.

sometimes (and you see this in the medical profession also) people try to classify what they personally don’t like as wrong-ness or ill-ness, when really its not either. illness is a perspective... from the diseases point of view its doing great...
recently I came across an article about the DSMV5 reclassifying creativity as a mental disorder. whether or not its true doesn't matter, the point is is that we recognise that as a possibility.

If you feel healthy and fine, don't let a "shaman" who has "access to special knowledge" tell you you are in fact sick.
If you feel you need shamanistic help, find one who will help you without imposing judgements on you.

In my experience the most common cause of spiritual sickness is the belief that one is sick.
Yes, intolerance + fear of the unknown + seeing the world in black and white and then wanting to ignore anything not white and a few other issues. Luckily I'm sort of bad at letting freaked-out ppl tell me anything at all, and no, I dont need any shamanic help in that way.. was more along the lines of somebody to ask 'WTF is this!' now and then. And since I dont feel I need help they pile judgements on me because I should be a wreck in all ways possible according to their theories, but for some reason I dare to not be. Grumble.

yyxx
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by yyxx »

OP:

Find your way to Madre Ayahuasca. I can hear her calling you...
Pull your fucking head out of the clouds and remember why you are here

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Hello Entropic,
I’m sorry that you’re having disturbing experiences. It sounds as if there is a whirlpool of confusion around you. I will offer you what advice I am able and I hope it will be a small beacon to you.
The first thing with any occult practice is be sure that you are grounded. You are grounded to the earth by visualizing or even just imagining cords extending from your feet deep into the earth. Afterwards, take a moment to breathe deeply and focus your attention on the spot about two inches below your navel. This is centering. The final step is to form a basic shield of white light to seal your aura and act as a filter. There are numerous techniques to this and I leave it to you to find what works best for you. These first steps are to keep one balanced and protected. My impression from your post is that this is an area you may want to focus more upon.
In addition, I would also suggest you learn and practice the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
In your post, you mentioned being in a place you did not want to go. I couldn’t help but notice you did not mention that you had any totem animal. If you don’t, you should consider seeking a totem to act as a guide, teacher and protector for any mental or astral projections. Without further information I don’t know that I or anyone can comment specifically about this place to which you seem to find yourself. I would be curious to know what you did or with whom you were trying to speak that you found yourself there and formed a connection.

Serenitydawn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Serenitydawn »

This is a really old post. She left the forum. However, she had known how to ground and center, and LBPR for the last 20 years. So that wasn't the problem.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of disociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

I was unaware of the background and speaking generically based upon the information given.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Hello Entropic,
I’m sorry that you’re having disturbing experiences. It sounds as if there is a whirlpool of confusion around you. I will offer you what advice I am able and I hope it will be a small beacon to you.
We are experiencing a glitch here.The OP is not entropic and the user who started this thread is no longer a member here.
I've amended posts accordingly for now,but we are currently working on fixing this and entropic is aware of the problem.It was very confusing for them,as I'm sure all can imagine and it's a bit confusing for me too.

Please bear with us for now folks and be sure to let me know immediately if anyone else encounters similar account problems.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Return to “Shamanism”