Psilocybin and the astral realm

Shrewmfairy

Psilocybin and the astral realm

Post by Shrewmfairy »

These stories are experiences that I have had whilst under the influence of psilocybin. These experiences have triggered my journey to achieve altered states without the use of any substance. Though is the purpose of this story is for opinions and theories about OBE's and the astral realm.

My first story begins with an experiment with 4.8g dried and capped cubensis. They kicked in after only 5 minutes or so. And got intense after only 20. About 40minutes in, lying on my bed, I was watching the colours and patterns when they started to form a couple dozen hands. The hands were curving away from me, in a manner which to say "come with us".
At this point I felt a pulling/morphing sensation in my body. My chest felt full of pressure pushing upwards. I felt my shoulders and chest then lifting off the bed, though my body was actually stationary. I started to worry a little and started resisting. After about a minute, my shoulders and chest started to lower back into place and the pressure ceased.
Could this be a possible failed visit to the astral realm with astral bodies?

Story number two:
A sunny day at my favourite rainforest retreat and again had taken almost 4g dried and capped cubensis.
About 1 and half hours late I was walking by the Koi pond, taking in it's beauty, when suddenly I froze. Within an instant, I was 25ft in the air, looking at myself from behind. I could see everything, bright and brilliant. It was amazingly beautiful. After a second it was over and there was a loud rushing in my ears. I was back in my body in a flash. I was shocked and amazed and wanted to do it all over again.

It was obvious that I left my physical, but I cannot distinguish the difference between colours and patterns of mushrooms and the astral realm (as I have never been able to fully complete a body separation other than with psilocybin.)
Thoughts and opinions of any kind encouraged.
[happy]

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Psilocybin and the astral realm

Post by TheSeeker »

Lower your dosage.
You're not looking to trip on the Shrooms, you're looking to loosen your consciousness up enough to separate.

Shrewmfairy

Re: Psilocybin and the astral realm

Post by Shrewmfairy »

Thank you, I would agree. I should add that since those experiences, I have only had mushrooms once per summer, for the last 3 years.
I was really interested in different shaman ceremonies but through reading more and more about other cultures has lead me down a different track.
Seeking to get in touch with my real self, not which part of nature will do what.
I wouldn't want to take something for the rest of my life if I knew what I really wanted exsisted without it.

Return to “Shamanism”