ally can bring out worst in a person

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

ally can bring out worst in a person

Post by akimbomoss »

I think this is what happened to me a while back. Anybody else think this is true? I heard Poke Runion say on a youtube that any angel may or may not like you when you open the Aethers.

Kind of like Vashta saying opening the Reiki causes this. Is there a connection?

Carlos Castaneda "A seperate Reality" page 24
Then he explained that the allies could not take the lead or act upon anything directly; they could, however,
act upon man in an indirect way. Don Juan said that coming in contact with an ally was dangerous because the
ally was capable of bringing out the worst in a person. The apprenticeship was long and arduous, he said, because
one had to reduce to a minimum all that was unnecessary in one's life, in order to withstand the impact of such an
encounter. Don Juan said that his benefactor, when he first came in contact with an ally, was driven to burn
himself and was scarred as if a mountain lion had mauled him. In his own case, he said, an ally pushed him into a
pile of burning wood, and he burned himself a little on the knee and shoulder blade, but the scars disappeared in
time, when he became one with the ally.
I found this because I was trying to figure out if real people you've seen before could be allies. Look like the answer is no. But in Carlos' case 3 allies visited him hitchhiking wanting a lift in his car but he said no. They looked like real people. OF COURSE THE CRAZY STUFF HAPPENS TO HIM. [rolleyes]

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: ally can bring out worst in a person

Post by Asurendra »

I think that your post raises some interesting issues.
When Poke Runyon is speaking it must be remembered he is doing so in the context of a ceremonial magician. So, he may use Goetic formulae to interact with a variety of spirits based upon specific goals. I guess it is natural that there might be ‘personality conflicts’ since not everyone likes everyone, even in other planes!
But, Shamanism is different. When dealing with an “ally,” or a totem, the nature of the relationship is removed from that of Goetic entities. The entire connection between the shaman and the totem is one of resonance. If it were not, then there would simply be no connection.
Regarding Castaneda, it is my opinion that his work is fundamentally fiction. That does not mean that it does not have valuable information or insights, but, I personally do not look to it for any guidance or expectations. Even if it were true, the nature of working with the totem animals is such that it will be different for everyone.

Azkhet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Azkhet »

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Thank you for the interesting article.
A racket?
A psychopath?
An aborted cult leader?
A psychic vampire?
Who knows...

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

...Kind of like Vashta saying opening the Reiki causes this. Is there a connection?

...I found this because I was trying to figure out if real people you've seen before could be allies.
Yes,real people can act as allies and it can be an uncomfortable association in some cases.The old adages about learning from those around you and teachers appearing when it is apppropriate and so on,apply here I think.
Sometimes those who teach us sharp lessons are not wise or knowing,but we can still learn a great deal of value from them,nonetheless.

However any 'ally' that drives you to physical harm is something that concerns me and I would not consider this to be an ally at all,despite what Castaneda says about it.
I'm not overly familiar with his work,but challenging aspects are there to learn from and work through,you should not be left scarred by them,not unless it is a particular kind of ordeal path that is being followed and that is really another subject altogether.

[PS: Off topic:Hi and it's lovely to see you here again,it's been a wee while! [grin] ]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Nahemah wrote: I'm not overly familiar with his work,but challenging aspects are there to learn from and work through,you should not be left scarred by them,not unless it is a particular kind of ordeal path that is being followed and that is really another subject altogether.
Does the ordeal path apply to me?

Also I think the scars have healed but there's another scar from my bad digestive genetics underneath.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Yikes. I think I've had it with Castaneda. I shivered when I read:
J.T. Fikes, author of “Carlos Castaneda, Academic Opportunism and the Psychedelic Sixties,” believes Castaneda did have some contact with Native Americans. But he’s an even fiercer critic than de Mille, condemning Castaneda for the effect his stories have had on Native peoples. Following the publication of “The Teachings,” thousands of pilgrims descended on Yaqui territory. When they discovered that the Yaqui don’t use peyote, but that the Huichol people do, they headed to the Huichol homeland in Southern Mexico, where, according to Fikes, they caused serious disruption. Fikes recounts with outrage the story of one Huichol elder being murdered by a stoned gringo.
Also I seem to have synchronicity overload pushing me away from this paradigm.

Return to “Shamanism”