Shamanic Journeying without the drum?

dancing-with-dragons
Forum Member
Forum Member

Shamanic Journeying without the drum?

Post by dancing-with-dragons »

Can I shamanic journey with binural beats? Assuming shamanic journey and astral projection are slightly different. I want to spend time in my underworld. Is the deep beat of the drum necessary?

Thanks!
If YHVH had not of been my help, my soul had almost dwelt with Dumah.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Shamanic Journeying without the drum?

Post by Asurendra »

I have successfully used the binural beats a number of times to Journey and mentally project into the Elemental Realms using the Tattwas as portals. The low Theta works best with me. Do a bit of research into these different waves and then experiment with them.

dancing-with-dragons
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dancing-with-dragons »

Thanks! By the way, what are "Tattwas"?
If YHVH had not of been my help, my soul had almost dwelt with Dumah.

Moon Sage
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Moon Sage »

Shamanic journeying is symantic with flying beyond the hedge for a hedge witch.

I suppose it depends on your definition of shamanic? In Hedge-witchery, drumming is rarely used. Trance states are usually induced with astral-travel in dreams, or using "flying ointments", which would be synonymous of a Shaman's psychotropic plants & remedies.

Drumming not necessary in my book. :D

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Well now, let me tell ya...
It's so funny that this post came up when it did.
Last Friday night I did some Shrooms, smoked a shit-load of Weed, and then tripped out listening to Jazz on my sofa,
and I wound up having a very profound encounter with a Plant Spirit.

Atehequa
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Atehequa »

Well there's always the bullroarer
"We know the predator, we see them feed on us, we are aware to starve the beast is our destiny"

autodydact
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by autodydact »

I don't think drums are necessary. I personally use chimes and Tibetan singing bowls, but even these are a personal preference and not a necessity. You need to find what puts you in ''the zone". It might take a bit of experimenting but I don't think journeying requires any special equipment at all.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I completely agree. [thumbup]
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

You can also put some litle bells or metal pieces on a string and bind this to your clothes. This give sime nice noice while dancing and moving.

Ramscha
bye bye

Taeo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Taeo »

If you do not want to use a drum, listen to the rhythm of your heart. The meaning is the same.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

I think that it might be possible to use one's heartbeat. It's nothing I have done. But, for a beginner and even an intermediate practitioner this might be tough. To focus on the heartbeat for an extended period while also mentally projecting may divide the concentration too much. For most, it's my opinion that a drum or the binaural beats are still the best thing.

But, there is one way one can use the sound of one's heartbeat for meditation. I mentioned a technique on another thread on Tantric Meditation:

He attains the supreme Brahman who is deeply merged with the Brahman-that-is-sound (sabdabrahman), which is vibrating within without striking and is perceived by the ear; this sound is uninterrupted like that of a waterfalls.

Any sound is useful for this purpose but hearing or feeling one's internal sound are the best.

Taeo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Taeo »

Asurendra wrote:I think that it might be possible to use one's heartbeat. It's nothing I have done. But, for a beginner and even an intermediate practitioner this might be tough. To focus on the heartbeat for an extended period while also mentally projecting may divide the concentration too much. For most, it's my opinion that a drum or the binaural beats are still the best thing.
I discovered this method by accident, actually. Listening to heartbeat.

One of the things I will do to journey is walk in circles. I prefer circles because with pacing lines I have to turn around and turning around breaks my concentration. During one experience, while I was reflecting on what had happened, I noticed that I would pause for a while then begin walking again. It was balancing myself that caught my attention. When I walk in circles I lean but when I paused, my posture straightened. I was curious about what I was doing so I let it continue. I saw that I was revving up my heartbeat and pausing to listen to it. When it began to normalize I would begin moving again. That transition back was so smooth that I integrated it into my circle-walking.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

If it works for you then go with it because that's why matters.

AngelAriel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AngelAriel »

Taeo wrote:
Asurendra wrote:I think that it might be possible to use one's heartbeat. It's nothing I have done. But, for a beginner and even an intermediate practitioner this might be tough. To focus on the heartbeat for an extended period while also mentally projecting may divide the concentration too much. For most, it's my opinion that a drum or the binaural beats are still the best thing.
I discovered this method by accident, actually. Listening to heartbeat.

One of the things I will do to journey is walk in circles. I prefer circles because with pacing lines I have to turn around and turning around breaks my concentration. During one experience, while I was reflecting on what had happened, I noticed that I would pause for a while then begin walking again. It was balancing myself that caught my attention. When I walk in circles I lean but when I paused, my posture straightened. I was curious about what I was doing so I let it continue. I saw that I was revving up my heartbeat and pausing to listen to it. When it began to normalize I would begin moving again. That transition back was so smooth that I integrated it into my circle-walking.
Really cool!

Actually, I believe that there were some peeps who would do the same walking in a circular pattern for meditation, prayer, reflect, etc, but it would be a gigantic freakin maze...which was pretty cool.
Get a taste of my ideas on my blog: Angel's Guidance. Don't be decieved by the name, there are no fluffy bunnies involved. And have my full undivided attention from the services I provide on my site: Divinely Inspired. Once again, I promise there is no crazy fluff and stuff involved.

*~*~Angel Ariel 999*~*~

Return to “Shamanism”