Herbal Magic Question -- College Student

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Herbal Magic Question -- College Student

Post by alejandrocerv »

Hey y'all!

I'm a college student in St. Paul, MN, and I'm wanting to start using herbs to make my space more "me." I want herbs that bring peace and tranquility, that would increase psychic energy. I'm totally unaware of most of shamanism, and the majority of my occult knowledge is in the meanings of symbols and the "psychomagic" of the Tarot. Any advice on how to use herbs in general, and more specifically what herbs I could use, would be appreciated!

For example, how do I even "use" herbs? Can I put dried herbs out, like potpourri? I can't have smoke/fire in my room over the summer (super frustrating), so I need an alternative to burning and incense until the fall (but since I'll be using incense in the fall, feel free to give me some of that information, too).

Thanks!
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Herbal Magic Question -- College Student

Post by Nahemah »

Have them as pot plants.

Rosemary is good,it aids memory and Basil for mental clarity,both good for students particularly.

Pot pourri is good too and essential oils [diluted in a carrier oil]] can be used with reed diffusers etc.

I'll return late with other info as it's bedtime here and I'm sure others will post up more for you too. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Go to a place that sells plants. Use your eyes and smell:
-this one looks nice,
-this one smells nice.

Bring those home.
Search for information about it and you'll be surprised how often you've picked the absolute right thing for you. Or you've picked something that makes no sense what so ever right now, but in 2-3 weeks it is exactly what you need.

If you are a student. Don't be afraid to pick something that is editable.
Fresh herbs will make the macaroni and cheese taste slightly better in the end of the month.

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alejandrocerv »

Thanks to both of you! That helps a lot. :)
"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage." -Eliphas Lévi

"Paradox and contradiction are mysteries of the soul. The weird, the uncanny are sources of knowledge. To know the self. . . one must open the heart wide and search every part. This requires facing the unacceptable, the perverse, the strange, even the sick. Without this critical embrace of metaphysical complexity the soul cannot be understood." -bell hooks

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I'll post some more ideas later on when I have some free time. [thumbup]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

ShubNiggurath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ShubNiggurath »

Hello,

besides the already mentioned plants I would recommend Petiveria Alliacea. I buy it under the name Anamu. It's from Peru. It repels Malefica. You will seldomly find a plant with such power to make you feel good and keep your home safe.

kind regards,
shub
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

Gloria Steinem

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alejandrocerv »

Thanks, all!

I got some rosemary and a meadow rue, because it's native. :) I'm very happy! I'll have to check out anamu.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

http://www.herbs-info.com/blog/scientis ... ory-by-75/

Just wanted to show you this.The 75% stat is for using the essential oil,but it's rather nice to see some corroboration,nonetheless,lol. [greensmile]

Oils will work quite well with reed diffusers,as I mentioned before and they can be used diluted in cleaning processes and/or as freshening sprays. [thumbup]

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Hello Alejandro,

Here is a link to the Herbal Healer Academy:

http://www.herbalhealer.com/

They are a good source of herbs and they also offer a training course if your are interested in going deeply into this subject.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

alejandrocerv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by alejandrocerv »

Thanks all, for being super helpful!

Also, Nahemah, LOVE the quote on El Che. :)

Return to “Shamanism”