how to use salvia for OBE

nasdor999
Forum Member
Forum Member

how to use salvia for OBE

Post by nasdor999 »

Hi

I have been trying to have an OBE for years. I have experimented with various techniques without any success so far. Do you happen to know what should be done while using Salvia, so that the experience might result in an OBE/AP?

The method of consumption: rolling a quid from leaves, then chewing it for 20 mins (not the type when extracts are used). During and after chewing the quid, what should one do in order to end up having an OBE?

1,Should one do some kind of meditation (for instance, observing the flow of the breath)?

2, Or is it better to simply sit comfortably, and relax in a darkened room with closed eyes (just slowly chewing the quid. Then, spit it out, and continue relaxing with closed eyes without doing any kind of meditation exercise)?

Can anyone tell me, if one aims for an OBE, which method is better (1, or 2,)?

Many Thanks,

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: how to use salvia for OBE

Post by Haelos »

I've never actually used salvia myself, but I've also never heard of it being used for an OBE.

I can't offer any insight into how this might work using drugs.
However, if you want to have a real OBE without the use of narcotics that will damage your mind (which salvia does) then you should keep a dream journal to record all of your sleep states right upon waking.

Once you're capable of remembering your dreams well, you would meditate on something you want to dream about immediately before going to sleep.
Then once you can dream about what you want, you come up with a trigger that will knock you out of your dream-like consciousness, and put you into a state like a lucid reality.

A friend of mine, for instance, had this broom in his kitchen that he would see every day, and he would go to sleep thinking about the broom.
It has a rich, red handle, so it always stuck out in his mind, and any time he'd see this broom in his dreams, he would snap out of dreaming and astral project as he pleased.

If you want an drug-induced out of body experience, try out Dimethyltryptamine. No other substance will put you in a state like that, and only many lifetimes of meditation will show you what DMT can.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

nasdor999 wrote:Hi

I have been trying to have an OBE for years. I have experimented with various techniques without any success so far. Do you happen to know what should be done while using Salvia, so that the experience might result in an OBE/AP?

The method of consumption: rolling a quid from leaves, then chewing it for 20 mins (not the type when extracts are used). During and after chewing the quid, what should one do in order to end up having an OBE?

1,Should one do some kind of meditation (for instance, observing the flow of the breath)?

2, Or is it better to simply sit comfortably, and relax in a darkened room with closed eyes (just slowly chewing the quid. Then, spit it out, and continue relaxing with closed eyes without doing any kind of meditation exercise)?

Many Thanks,
Your lack of success is almost certainly because of your "experimenting with various techniques,." You'll never get anywhere if you just jump from one technique to the next, these kind of feats require dedicated and persistent practice. D

Dedicate yourself to a proper meditative & yogic regime for 6 months or so, make some good lifestyle changes (get in shape, then find one specific technique (I hear good things about the work of Robert Bruce) and train in it alongside that regime, and you'll yield far more reliable and coherent OBE's than you'll ever obtain using drugs. Yeah it will take longer, but you won't be reliant on a plant to force the experience (if it successfully manages to do so), you won't have to deal with the side effects of drug use, and you'll also yield the many other benefits of such a regime.

Using drugs for spiritual purposes is a shortcut and a crutch which, in the long run, only ends up being counterproductive (except in a very few, specialized cases, which don't seem to apply here).
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

nasdor999
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nasdor999 »

When I say that "I have tried various techniques", I mean that I have selected 2 suitable (and well-known) OBE techniques, and have spent many hundreds of hours practicing each of them regularly in the previous 7-8 years. I am also keeping a dream journal, and use LD induction techniques. In this post, I am not interested in Astral projection techniques (I know them well enough). Instead, I would like to ask: If someone intends to have an OBE while using salvia what should be done during (and after) the consumption)? Therefore, I am asking again:

Do you happen to know what should be done while using Salvia, so that the experience might result in an OBE/AP?

Many Thanks,

Bara Mortath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Bara Mortath »

What is stopping you from doing both? That would be my preference, or better yet combine previous experience with the other techniques with the herbal assistance.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

I've been able to induce delirium as well as an OBE using salvia, however it easier said than done.

I never messed with the leaves, but purchased some concentrate from iamshaman.com for smoking. Supposedly its blessed by a shaman. Either way it was 10x and worked tons better than the 100x purchased at the head-shop.

Also, getting a correct dose can be difficult and I recommend having someone watch you while you trip.

Get a bong.
Take a massive hit
hold for 20 seconds
exhale
Take another massive hit (without inhaling oxygen)
Hold for 20 seconds.

You shouldn't be able to count the last 20 seconds before delirium sets in. Which is why I recommend having someone watch you. If anything for the sake of the bong because you're likely to drop it.

The delirium and OBE is intense and immediate. This is incredibly frightening for almost everyone. The first time I tried it I thought I died, had no idea where I was, what I was, or how I got there. I couldn't even recall smoking the salvia.

As soon as I remembered though I was out of it and the experience was done. I was incredibly grateful to be alive afterwards and have related it to some of my near death experiences in Afghanistan. The entire experience is incredibly short and your perception of time doesn't seem to change that much, which is why I lost interest honestly. Its simply a glimpse, nothing really you can work with. I get better results from reading Tarot.

A lot of people do salvia wrong, or smoke just enough to get the giggles and a body high. So there is are very mixed feelings about it in the community. However I can say that if you do it right you're in for one of the most intense experiences of your life. Its not an entheogen that provides you with any feelings of euphoria so its not incredibly enjoyable compared to other entheogens, however its power is incredible. Its almost an immediate detachment from your body. I don't know anyone who is capable of taking the experience lightly.

Be careful, good luck.

Return to “Shamanism”