Potions for Gnosis and other meditative states.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Potions for Gnosis and other meditative states.

Post by Stukov »

The key to most all things is moderation.
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

To go into the "Other" category.
Any recommendations on morning boosters?
I prefer not to have caffeine in the morning, but do I enjoy black tea blends, so it's an option, I guess.
I'm not too sure of the stimulating substances out there, besides caffeine. As I said before, though I drink soda, it isn't all that much. However, I still only rarely notice an effect from caffeine alone.
I'd like something that can help keep me up for the late nights as well (again, beside caffeine [god spelling this word sucks]) but won't leave me with a crappy-ass crash for little-to-no reason.

Does anyone know of any neat tonics by the way? Out of random curiosity.
I know of a recipe for a tea that is supposed to cure (at least some types of) cancer, along with a couple different recipes for Ayahausca.
That's about as far as my applicable medical knowledge goes (Oh yeah, I know of a tonic used to cure menstruation cramps as well [obviously never used it, because I'm a male]) but I'm always interested in learning new things. To be completely honest, I haven't had the opportunity or need to put many of the things mentioned here to use, although I love keeping this information around in case I need it.
And of course, I'm very interested in most any entheogens. I am quite the psychonaut after all, and I'm willing to give most anything a chance at least once. I wouldn't have found some of the more intense meditations if I'd stuck to the normal old quieting thought routines.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

It's not very fun, but some minor exercise can wake you up (like some pushups or body squats).
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Stukov wrote:It's not very fun, but some minor exercise can wake you up (like some pushups or body squats).
God you're right about that.. It is not fun. I'll probably need to incorporate some more physical exercise like that in the very near future.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

Homemade Chai

fresh ginger, black and green tea and very beneficial spices and milk. If you drink enough it can interact with medications but a cup or so in the morning is wonderful.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

RoseRed wrote:Homemade Chai

fresh ginger, black and green tea and very beneficial spices and milk. If you drink enough it can interact with medications but a cup or so in the morning is wonderful.
Green Tea? I've never heard of anyone mixing that with their Chai. I recently discovered Maccha and it did wonders, although some don't like the taste.
My chai usually consists of Ginger, Cinnamon, Cloves, a little Nutmeg, and really strong black Tea. I use pre-ground cooking spices for most of my home-made stuff, mostly because I can't find a good cheap mortar and pestle or herb grinder for whole spices.
I only occasionally use milk, although I could incorporate it more.

I slept from 9pm last night until 4pm today, so I really need something that can even me out. I have trouble just getting out of bed sometimes too..
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

You're right. I tweaked the original recipe. I actually prefer a 75/25 with the green tea. I prefer the black but like the benefits of the green as well so...

I have got to find a place that has good fresh ginger around here.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Rose, if you happen to see this, would you mind sharing your actual recipe with me? Or do you just randomly throw all of your ingredients in unmeasured amounts? I'd like to try making some of your tea.
I usually throw in random crap, often making my tea blend as I go. Occasionally I just use a plain blend or single herb tea.
I use varying amounts by what looks good, and I usually steep long as hell for just about anything. I often low-simmer my herbs for about 15 minutes for single cups.
I've become a fan of White tea lately, which I'd never drank before a little while ago. Green tea isn't my favorite, but if it's really sweet I can drink the shit out of it. I may replace the green tea in the recipe with Maccha though, as I've enjoyed the taste of that as well.
My personal favorite is black tea, and specifically Chai. Everything but the peppercorns (and I probably do enjoy those in it, but I don't add it to my home made.)
If I had the resources around here (which I absolutely don't) I would get fresh herbs, but like I said, I usually stick to cooking grade pre-ground herbs and spices.
For my homemade chai I use a couple tablespoons of black tea, a few ground whole cloves, a few teaspoons of cinnamon ginger and nutmeg, and I steep and simmer it for anywhere between 15 and 30 minute depending on how impatient I am. If I had the time, I'd steep it for upwards of 4 hours, but I also don't want to accidentally trip out on nutmeg and die.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Bump. This thread has been fun.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Return to “Shamanism”