Deities of Hallucinogenic Substances

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Deities of Hallucinogenic Substances

Post by Haelos »

My two, most favorite, most controversial topics are Shamanism, and hallucinogenics. They go together so well.
On to the point.
I'm curious to know if anyone knows of any of the associating deities or spirits to certain hallucinogenic substances, particularly their individual names or attributes. Seals are less important, because I can contact them myself if that ever becomes needed. This is mostly for theory.
I'm specifically interested if anyone knows the spirits of Amanita Muscaria, Psilocybe (all or individual species), LSD, Peyote, DMT, Datura, and Nightshade.

Mushrooms, Peyote, and Datura (and Nightshade) all have their associated nature spirits, obviously. Many who experience Datura claim to see a beautiful woman in green clothing, thought to be the spirit of the plant.
Anything beyond that, I couldn't know.

I know for a fact that certain negative beings lie in the spheres of Acid (specifically LSD), although I'm sure there are many more who are positive. Most of the positive energy I recognize from LSD is from God itself, however. Anything I experience with that substance is very mathematical in nature, and the energies and spirits are no different. They work on a level of logic and pattern-recognition that we aren't quite capable of.

I think DMT holds the highest ends of deity conceivable in a substance. The only time I've ever seen anything that could be considered "human-looking", it was a massive "statue" of sorts, of Shiva with His many arms and tools. I was a mere speck of consciousness in comparison to the size of this entity, and all I could do was float past Him. Every other being has been completely alien in nature, and of some of the lowest realms of being (although I can admit some of the entities I've experienced were positive, just nothing near Adam-Kadmon, as Shiva is.)

Anyone who's unoffended enough to not start arguments about drug use, please post and share your ideas with what I've mentioned. I only post this thread because I trust the maturity of the members here to speak openly about such topics.
I have a lot of ideas going on in my head, and I can't be bothered to respond to every old conversation and thread (although I'll get to them eventually). I'm trying to work out some very important transitions in my life, and I'm still in need of great assistance from the members here.
Hopefully in time, I'll have more to offer in regards to helping others on the forum, rather than just posing constant questions. I try to supplement my posts both ways as much as possible.
Thank you all for your open-minded discussion.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Deities of Hallucinogenic Substances

Post by Haelos »

Too late to edit.
Amendment, Cannabis should be added to the list.
I know a few deities associated with the plant, but I'd have to re-research to find the proper names.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Datura is ubiquitous in the religions of pre-Columbian California, and amongst the Chumash, Datura wrightii is personified by Grandmother Momoy. I consider Grandmother Momoy one of my patrons, and have done a fair amount of work with her (albeit without actually consuming datura; the dangers associated with datura - physical, mental, and spiritual - as well as what sounds like an experience far more harrowing than my most difficult psychedelic experiences, have dissuaded me from ever so much as desiring to try it out; the only circumstances in which I would ever even consider doing so would be if I were being initiated into the cult of Momoy by a bona fide Chumash shaman, and even then, I'd be very hesitant). Momoy is associated with the moon - in some of the Chumash languages, "Momoy: means both "datura" and "moon", and months in the Chumash calendar are indicated as "Momoy (moon) of X". The equivalent of January is designated "Momoy of Momoy", Momoy's moon, and it was in this month that datura initiations would take place. She is depicted as a crone, and a friend of the trickster Coyote, and it is said that she eats only pespibata (a type of orally consumed tobacco). Much of her mythology deals with the quests of her grandchildren, Six'usus ("Little Thunder) and Sumiwowo ("Little Fog"), in which Sumiwowo is usually rash and foolish, wheras Six'usus in prudent; they are usually aided in their quests by Coyote.

In Hinduism, both Cannabis and Datura are strongly associated with Shiva, and both are consumed by Shaivite sadhus.

In Aztec religion, Xochipilli is thought to have been associated with a number of entheogens, including mushrooms, tobacco, Ololiúqui (morning glory seeds), and sinicuichi ("sun opener").

It's worth noting that in many shamanic traditions that utilize etheogens, the spirit(s) of the plant/fungus itself are thought to be the primary teacher. This is not usually to the exclusion of interacting with other deities/spirits, though.
"love is the whole and more than all" - ee cummings

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Yex wrote:Datura is ubiquitous in the religions of pre-Columbian California, and amongst the Chumash, Datura wrightii is personified by Grandmother Momoy. I consider Grandmother Momoy one of my patrons, and have done a fair amount of work with her (albeit without actually consuming datura; the dangers associated with datura - physical, mental, and spiritual - as well as what sounds like an experience far more harrowing than my most difficult psychedelic experiences, have dissuaded me from ever so much as desiring to try it out; the only circumstances in which I would ever even consider doing so would be if I were being initiated into the cult of Momoy by a bona fide Chumash shaman, and even then, I'd be very hesitant). Momoy is associated with the moon - in some of the Chumash languages, "Momoy: means both "datura" and "moon", and months in the Chumash calendar are indicated as "Momoy (moon) of X". The equivalent of January is designated "Momoy of Momoy", Momoy's moon, and it was in this month that datura initiations would take place. She is depicted as a crone, and a friend of the trickster Coyote, and it is said that she eats only pespibata (a type of orally consumed tobacco). Much of her mythology deals with the quests of her grandchildren, Six'usus ("Little Thunder) and Sumiwowo ("Little Fog"), in which Sumiwowo is usually rash and foolish, wheras Six'usus in prudent; they are usually aided in their quests by Coyote.

In Hinduism, both Cannabis and Datura are strongly associated with Shiva, and both are consumed by Shaivite sadhus.

In Aztec religion, Xochipilli is thought to have been associated with a number of entheogens, including mushrooms, tobacco, Ololiúqui (morning glory seeds), and sinicuichi ("sun opener").

It's worth noting that in many shamanic traditions that utilize etheogens, the spirit(s) of the plant/fungus itself are thought to be the primary teacher. This is not usually to the exclusion of interacting with other deities/spirits, though.

This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
I wouldn't so much as sniff the Datura or Nightshade plants wrong. Even with an experienced shaman leading me, those are two that I probably won't ever have the chance of dealing with.

I knew the association with Shiva and Cannabis, but I didn't know about Datura. That's a fun fact to keep in mind.

I'm not sure which particular species of mushrooms they were using (because that's an important fact) but one of the mushroom deities was named Teonacatl (Mayan I think?).
This was the name of mushrooms themselves, too. I can assume it was Psilocybin, because to my knowledge those grow most frequently in those areas. Although I'm sure those jungles hold a lot of crazy plants.

That's another thing I sort of mean, too. I'd like to know the "True Name" of the spirits of the plants themselves. The example you gave of Datura is a good place to get started looking on that plant. All sorts of other entities grab notice of you when you use these substances, so really, you could interact with any number of beings who aren't even associated with the substance itself.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Somewhere I read once that the Aztec's Sun God lived in Morning Glory Seeds, but this is what I found.
The Aztecs believed that morning glory seeds were a means of connecting with the Sun Gods. This unique ability to open divine portals, attributed to only a few plants such as peyote, Salvia divinorum, and morning glory, held a particularly sacred place within Aztec culture and religion. They felt that all plants contained spirits but only a few could provide direct connection with the gods in heaven. The Chontal Indians (as well as the Mazatec Indians of Oaxaca, Mexico), were convinced not only that strong spiritual energy existed within this plant, but also that a highly evolved spirit, one that had the ability to connect them with the spiritual realm of the gods, inhabited the morning glory.
http://entheology.com/plants/ipomoea-vi ... ing-glory/

Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 420 »

The beings associated with DMT are called self transforming machine elves (by McKenna), but that's more of a description than a name. I've never gotten much more communication from them other than "Do this!", a reference to doing what they seem obsessed with doing, which is speaking objects into existance.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

420 wrote:The beings associated with DMT are called self transforming machine elves (by McKenna), but that's more of a description than a name. I've never gotten much more communication from them other than "Do this!", a reference to doing what they seem obsessed with doing, which is speaking objects into existance.
I honestly wish I could either do DMT, or someone well versed with the occult do so and actually get some real work done - getting more information about the STM-Elves or at least getting them to divulge something of relevance. Anything.

We're at a standstill right now and the only two ways to go are through-the-brain and through-the-Large-Hadron-Collider.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

According to someone who isn't me;

The DMT experience itself is too short to do any real work with. It's so intense and comes on so fast that by the time you're capable of navigating the world you just entered the effects are wearing off.

With enough willpower, skill, and focus, you'd get a lot more done via alternative entheogens such as LSD or Morning Glory.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

magari wrote:According to someone who isn't me;

The DMT experience itself is too short to do any real work with. It's so intense and comes on so fast that by the time you're capable of navigating the world you just entered the effects are wearing off.

With enough willpower, skill, and focus, you'd get a lot more done via alternative entheogens such as LSD or Morning Glory.
Magari is right. I've gone to space a few times. Most often than not, you don't even really remember exhaling your smoke. You have two options, sit back and accept the trip instantly, or freak out and have a really bad time for five minutes.
In one experience, an entity was trying to wave me through a door to deliver knowledge to me, but when I glimpsed beyond it, there was too much for me to handle. All I needed to do was tell this entity I wasn't quite ready yet, and he drifted off, leaving me alone.
There is a lot you can do with DMT, just not very much practical, or by your own choice.
Perhaps using an Ayahausca brew would give you more time and control over the experience. I've never tried it.

Addition; It's quite the intense experience, and even after five or six times being lead through a trip, I still get massive pre-flight anxiety every time.
That's one of those substances that no matter how many trip reports you read, you will never find one that is close to being like your experience. You truly do have to experience it yourself to understand how intense and mindblowing it is. And this is coming from someone who's never even "broken through."
There are two stages to a DMT experience. The threshold, and the Wall. When you "break through" the wall is when you are no longer in your body, nor are you yourself.
I can admit that the last time I had an experience with the substance, I felt as though I had the control of a God. For instance, the character who attempted to wave me to the door (and the Shiva experience described above happened the same trip), and my power of his leaving, and my focus on the other objects and shapes in my vision. It's been a while, but I'm sure with my continued development and a desire to master the substance, I could find a way to interect directly with these beings to the point practical work can actually be achieved with DMT. How fantastic would it be, instead of setting up a long, intensive ritual of evocation, you base a hit and go into space for two minutes to talk with the entity directly, with no ritual, except for the consumption itself.

This is why I start these threads, guise. You offer up some fantastic stuff, and I want to hear more.
Hopefully I can offer something to those of you who are interested in such substances. I may have the grace of Teonacatl today, so I'll likely be out of commission, with new stories and perspectives to share when I return.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Anyone who's unoffended enough to not start arguments about drug use, please post and share your ideas with what I've mentioned. I only post this thread because I trust the maturity of the members here to speak openly about such topics...
Please be assured on this: any posts appearing in the Shamanism folder/ entheogenic threads, that are of an 'anti/don't/ morality/nature will be removed as off topic from here on in.

Please let me know if I miss anything that shows up that is of this nature. [thumbup]

We've heard quite enough from the moral panic lobby already and posts of an' anti' nature should be kept within their scope, as they are appropriate on occasion depending on how they are framed of course, but this is mainly regarding threads asking about lifestyle choices or recreational uses and they will be deemed acceptable in future, for these purposes only and will not be tolerated if they are made within this folder.

Mod hat off again:

Be careful with Morning Glory and other tropane alkaloids, Nature is very giving, but LSA will take you very far away from your comfort zone, if you ingest more than a 'reasonable' dose or if you mix with other substances.

Be prepared and learn your 'simples' before you dive in. Erowid is an excellent resource for this, but read around and take in as much info as you can regarding settings and preparation. I prefer outdoors, personally, for instance, but IMMV of course.

I am Northern European by blood and tradition and our 'spirits' manifest somewhat differently, from the descriptions I've read here , so also be aware that locality of use is an issue, as is method of obtainment. [grin]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Haelos wrote:I'm not sure which particular species of mushrooms they were using (because that's an important fact)
I believe it was Psilocybe aztecorum.
Haelos wrote:That's another thing I sort of mean, too. I'd like to know the "True Name" of the spirits of the plants themselves.
If you listen to ayahuasca icaros there are a number of names that different groups give to the ayahuasca spirits themselves. The one I can remember from my own encounters in Peru is "trancomanta" (sp?), "mother trunk".

In actually taking psychedelics, on several occasions beings have revealed their names to me, but it seems a little preposterous to share such things with others.
Haelos wrote:Perhaps using an Ayahausca brew would give you more time and control over the experience. I've never tried it.
Traditional Ayahuasca ceremonies are magickal ceremonies.
Nahemah wrote: Be careful with Morning Glory and other tropane alkaloids, Nature is very giving, but LSA will take you very far away from your comfort zone, if you ingest more than a 'reasonable' dose or if you mix with other substances.
LSA is not a tropane alkaloid, nor does Morning Glory contain tropane alkaloids. Perhaps you mean datura?

"Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings" - Robert Hunter, as sung by Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

No, I meant morning glory for LSA and I didn't mean the other to be where it was... I thought I'd deleted it, I had to retype my post to leave out some information that I'd previously typed in. The post originally had around another sentence worth of writing in it, between Glory and Nature. That's why the N in nature is a capotal letter. It was originally my next sentence starting after my deleted part.

I had written a bit about Henbane and another interesting substance too, you see, but thought better of it after writing it, so cut it out. [ I was a bit distracted and tired when I posted.]

Be careful with Morning Glory and [other] tropane alkaloids, Nature is very giving, but LSA will take you very far away from your comfort zone, if you ingest more than a 'reasonable' dose or if you mix with other substances.

Reading it back either way, the structure is still quite poor and it would have been better just to retype from scratch, but I'm lazy.

Tl;Dr?

Heroic doses of LSA don't mix well and can be dangerous to pyschic health, if abused. Be careful.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Yex
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yex »

Ah, ok, sorry for the confusion.

I've never known LSA/Morning Glory seeds to be especially unforgiving; my limited experiences with them have been fairly mild, but as such I can't really attest to 'heroic' dose experiences, so you may well be right.
...Heroic doses of LSA don't mix well
The only time I've ever mixed morning glory seeds was with 2C-B, and again, the LSA seemed to be such a weak experience that when I added the 2C-B, it totally overwhelmed the LSA to the point of nullification. Of course the same caveat applies in regards to dosage.

I could add, though, that heroic doses of psychedelics in general probably shouldn't be mixed. Two of the most powerful LSD experiences I've ever had were mixed with other psychoactive (once intentionally, once unintentionally; ketamine and probably DOx, respectively, both "lesser" drugs than LSD in terms spiritual potential [in my opinion, anyway]) and both times it had very negative consequences on the LSD trip. I've never mixed anything else into the mix with high dose mushroom trips, but for me such mushroom experiences are pretty difficult to begin with, so I wouldn't even consider mixing something else in.

On the other hand, traditional ayahuasca shamanism is all about mixing and matching. Aside from the ayahuasca vine and whatever DMT containing plant is used in the given area, ayahuasqueros mix in a wide variety of "admixture" plants, some of which may be psychoactive on their own (eg mapacho (tobacco), toé (datura or brugmansia, et al), others of which may or may not be psychoactive on their own, but which in the context of an ayahuasca experience can be utilized to invoke the spirits of associated with them. Ayahuasca is by nature a potion, a mixture. So there is some precedent for psychedelic cocktails, so to speak.

Sorry for the digression.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Thanks for understanding. [grin]

I experimented a lot when I was younger and learned lessons the hard way, lol. I mixed a heroic dose [Morning Glory] with other substances and had the trip of a lifetime, but it took me around two years to recover from it, well, recover is not the right term but I'm not sure what to say about it exactly, perhaps to process the experience fully would be a better descriptor but it's still not quite right.

It wasn't like anything I'd ever experienced before, or since.

Afterwards, I couldn't 'fit back in', so to speak, I didn't experience the world the same way as before and there was no turning back for me and this caused a ripple and a few 'real world' problems.

Looking back though, I'm glad it happened, but I still think I caused myself more trouble than necessary by not being well informed and better prepared, hence my caution nowadays.

I took heroic doses of mushrooms too, I was quite keen to immerse at the time, full on. I am a big fan of pscilocybin, it helped me to re- integrate [ again not quite the right term] and process after the messy intensity of my other affair. with the LSA. I haven't engaged with heroic doses or indeed, most other entheogens, for a long time now, but LSD was another favourite too. It liberated the creative for me, I'd been very closed off and it helped me express abstracts again.

Our individual body chemistry dictates what we will benefit most from, a lot of the time, too, and I've never enjoyed Ketamine personally, mine was accidental ingestion also, lol... and I did not take to it at all well, or opiates either and DXM was something I found a bit odd also, to be honest. But, I've seen others work really well with these, so I know that was just me.
I have several contraindications, regarding certain drugs that I'm aware of now, but didn't know of back in the day, which explain the bad reactions to some substances I took. Another reason why it's good to be cautious, lol, but seriously.

Now that was rambly, sorry for that and I think your post above was most interesting and not at all digressory, Yex.
We need experiential, personal and anecdotal evidence from more members, as it helps us build an accurate and honest picture for those who are interested, from those who are practitioners. [thumbup]
On the other hand, traditional ayahuasca shamanism is all about mixing and matching. Aside from the ayahuasca vine and whatever DMT containing plant is used in the given area, ayahuasqueros mix in a wide variety of "admixture" plants, some of which may be psychoactive on their own (eg mapacho (tobacco), toé (datura or brugmansia, et al), others of which may or may not be psychoactive on their own, but which in the context of an ayahuasca experience can be utilized to invoke the spirits of associated with them. Ayahuasca is by nature a potion, a mixture. So there is some precedent for psychedelic cocktails, so to speak.

Sorry for the digression.
This above, is very helpful for me and it's intriguing too.

I used to like to mix because of the interaction changing the experience, even though I sometimes got it wrong, with consequences [oops] so the cocktailing described here makes a lot of sense to me, like 'flying ointment', from the South, maybe?

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Time for some trip reports.
As a disclaimer, don't believe anything I say. I tell a bunch of lies all the time, so this is probably one of those cases.

My first experience tripping with my mate was on mushrooms. We smoked and ate a decent amount, and it was nothing overly special. That was only my second time doing them.
My first time was pretty intense. I decided to make a revolutionary and life-changing decision all because the mushrooms told me to do so. I haven't looked back since.
My (only) third time on mushrooms was just the other day. I made a strong cup of tea, but my mate and I only had a mild little body buzz, with no visuals. It was an okay time, but not what I was expecting out of a tea.

My most intense time were on acid.
My best time tripping with my mate was on LSA. We spent about 8 hours in below-freezing temperatures, staring at a tree and laughing at eachother. It was a good time, and really visual heavy.
Every other time was pure LSD. These experiences have been anything from a mild laugh session to a full blown psychotic breakdown, followed by shamanic death. This is my favorite substance, and I'd like to understand it better.
Most of these written experiences happened before I really got into magick by any means (I still meditated regularly, but I didn't practice anything else, and little introspection.)
I've taken the equivalent of some "heroic doses" of LSD, and I can't say it's very fun. I handle myself well, and Lucy is the only one to really shatter my perception of everything (even my first experience with DMT was nothing compared to my average LSD trip).
I've been in a situation on the drug where I believed I was in the position of God, in the process of conducting a battle with the essence of pure evil. It actually took place over two completely separate trips, and I almost willed myself to death by sheer intent in one of them.
There's too much to say about each individual experience with Lucy.

My first experience with DMT was pretty intense, but nothing I wasn't expecting. My second time was absolutely hilarious (I blasted off to Divine Moments of Truth by Shpongle, and I had the Blue Man Group with singing into my brain, except they only had mouths, and no other facial features.)
My third time immediately followed my second, and it kind of bummed me out (I felt like I was wasting the time of my shaman who was leading me through it, which gave me anxiety. Even though there was no reason for such a thing.)
My fourth time was to lead another through their first experience (I was a test subject) and I witnessed Shivas true forme for a moment, along with the doorway of Truth (which an entity tried leading me through, but I shooed him away, due to knowing I wasn't ready for what lay beyond it).

I had a short experience with Diphenhydramine a long time ago, and was terrible. I shattered my nose, had to go to the hospital while I was tripping. Gosh.. My aunt (who had to drive me to the hospital through my panic attacks) ended up being every friend I had that night (in my mind) except one person, whom I really needed to cut out of my life. Like, I was talking to her as though they were them. I barely remember the whole night.
I also used to indulge in synthetic cannabis such as K2 a while ago (for reasons) and I had some intense trips on that as well. Most of them consisted of the feeling of dying. Not something to try.

I would Love to/will Never trip out on Alkaloids, they're just too dangerous to be worth it.
Some recipes ingredients are used to cancel out the negative ones (supposedly) but I cannot believe that until I can verify all of the forces at work.
Ayahausca is a lot more stable of a blend, because it's just two plants (an MAOI, and a plant containing DMT). After you get those two things, the only thing you're affecting is taste and side-effects.

As for using these substances for magick, I have a few comments on it..
From my personal experience, you shouldn't just trip out to perform a spell. It isn't worth it. You have 5-10 hours to experience the sensation, and you would need to plan for all of that time for it to be an effective trip.
I know that a lot of magicians look down on the use of such substances for practical working, and I understand why. Up until a certain point, your imagination pervades more heavily than reality does. You can imagine what you want and it can be like reality, without you being able to distinguish the difference. When performing evocation for example, you will receive results simply because you expect them to happen, regardless of how factual those results really are.

If you're still overwhelmed by fancy colored visuals and distortions, I recommend *against* using hallucinogens for magick practice.
I no longer see random visuals when on any hallucinogen (except DMT, with my eyes closed), and I attribute this to the fact that I can now see reality for the illusion it really is, and I'm not overwhelmed by the illusions of my own brain, or my preconceptions of things.
I spent about two months straight tripping almost daily, and only in my past two or three trips have my visuals disappeared, and I no longer feel at the mercy of the drug. That isn't to say I'm not getting high. I sure as hell am, this isn't a tolerance thing. It just enhances my abilities to perceive everything, and to Be.
I may be ready to use some of these substances for practical work, but there would be little reason to, save to get into contact with the spirits of the plants/substances themselves. Why do I need to be out of my mind on drugs to perform a simple ritual that can be done just as easily (although less spectacularly) while sober.

I don't think I have the blessings of Teonacatl, so I probably won't have the experience with her again until I find a patch myself, identify them, and dry and eat them. She needs me to do some more work before letting me probe her secrets.
Lucy, however, has been a fantastic teacher. She's let me penetrate some of her deepest mysteries (lol). I would really like to get into direct contact with some of the actual named entities guiding Lucy, but I wouldn't know where to begin.
Maybe some mental wandering while under the influence. I'm not sure what kind of attributions it has.
Lucy is a complicated mistress.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Bump. This is still a prominent question for me.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

LSA is an ergoline alkaloid incredibly similar to LSD in almost every way, except chemical formula and intensity. Lookup Ergot. Its in a lot of entheogens. LSD is an ergoline alkaloid.

LSA

-----------------

LSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as guiding lucy goes...

Its 50% you, 50% chaos/god/universal will/the world reacting to your conscious.

Most trips include intense visuals that influence thought as well as react to it. A tree's bark can look like a thousand bugs which influences your own focus and brings that reality closer to your actual experience.

I call it surfing. Instead of "reacting" to these patterns, we attempt to influence them with our own minds and vibrations of our being. Everything from your deepest thoughts, to your actions in the physical world cause an effect on the patterns experienced during intense focus.

Ask a question and you get a response, adjust yourself and your surroundings to facilitate the exploration of this question and the answer becomes more and more clear.

Following anything through to the bitter end always leaves you staring at yourself. The answers you receive may not fit well with you on any kind of comfort level and can possibly cause intense emotional distress, however dedication and determination to understand and grow from every experience will lead you past the pain and suffering and into the light of understanding.

The mysteries you could possibly solve are endless, however as you continue to solve these mysteries, and underlying pattern begins to emerge.

This is when you should shift focus. The larger, or overarching pattern to the reality your experiencing is a clue to a further enlightened perspective. Shifting your focus/perspective will bring new mysteries at alternating levels of consciousness/perspective/focus/states of being.

Dive deep and leave fear at the door. Faith is all that serves here. Submit to the will of God/universe/chaos and it will find a use for you, nurture and take care of you, provide you with everything you need and nothing you don't.

loneliness is an illusion.

You are forever connected to the All. Nothing you can ever do will separate you from it. Its a process of "remembering".

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I don't really do deities, so didn't fee l I could qualify this for you. Entities yes, but local to me, my reality tunnels, perceptions and to the culture and background I'm from.

You will see what makes sense to you, so why not explore how that relates to who you are and where you are from where you intend to go...and so on.

I've had guides that relate to the urban environment I'm in as well, doubt we'd percieve that the same, unless you have been there too.

Not very helpful, I'm sure, if you need names, but why not ask them when they show up, cut out the middleman?

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I suppose "deities" was the wrong word.
I have no doubt that simply being in that state attracts a whole slew of entities to your presence. I'm just curious to know which of them are associated with the drug itself.
I don't really have the proper skills to identify and contact a spirit I were to encounter in that state. Not to mention, it'd be a lot of work trying to distinguish between the many creatures who are drawn to you.
Selected Contributions;
The Mysteries of Death

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Haelos wrote:I'm just curious to know which of them are associated with the drug itself.
I don't really have the proper skills to identify and contact a spirit I were to encounter in that state. Not to mention, it'd be a lot of work trying to distinguish between the many creatures who are drawn to you.
It definitely takes some conditioning to the state of mind before being able to telecommunicate during a ceremony with the spirit of the substance instead of just being in a state of mental/emotional submission to its force. Probably one reason why shamans tend to work with only one psychedelic/ethnogenic (even one specific species) substance rather than many.

That being said, it's easy to identify a spirit of the substance because you're ingesting one of it's manifestation vessels. Ceremonies of this type are invocation ceremonies, so you only need to turn your attention inwards - focusing on the particular physical/energetic effects of the substance - to 'tune' yourself. After you've tuned in to the substance's wavelength, you just need to ask for the spirit of the substance to make its presence known, and to manifest itself through its vessel (by directing the invocation intention towards the substance now flowing through your veins)

This is one reason why physical, energetic and mental purification is so important beforehand in shamanic ceremonies -- because if the Spirit is uncomfortable with your internal state, you'll definitely know it. And probably the most you'll be able to achieve is the Little Death.

The only other thing you need is proper protection from outside entities, and proper insulation from outside disturbances. If you do it right, you won't need to differentiate between entities because you're only working with the one you ingested.

:)
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

michael4343
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by michael4343 »

Perhaps we should look into deities which represent madness. Also you should read about the 'sacred mushroom' and the cult of Dionysus

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I don't think Salvia has been mentioned in-depth here so I will share:

Salvia Divinorum has been associated by the Mazatec people of Mexico with a female entity that resembles the Virgin Mary. People outside of this culture who have taken Salvia report interaction with a female intelligence as well.

In my personal experience with smoking the plant, I feel that I was visited by intelligence and in one case imparted with a word of powerful significance, although now the word is meaningless to me. Because the revelation was so strong, and in my state at the time I understood the multifaceted meaning of the word beyond language.

I personally never got the impression of an entity with any particular gender or personality, however, though my experiments with the drug were few and far between.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

MadMarchy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MadMarchy »

Haelos wrote:I suppose "deities" was the wrong word.
I have no doubt that simply being in that state attracts a whole slew of entities to your presence. I'm just curious to know which of them are associated with the drug itself.
I've always believed that entheogens are an excellent tool for introspection and astral projection, and it provides immediate and powerful results. However, I also believe that the only way to decipher the psychedelic state is to do it alone, in a safe, undisturbed environment.

A few years ago I was solo-tripping twice a week with 1/8th of mushrooms. It was definitely an experience, and I often came in contact with various entities. The only Deity I ever met though was Xochipilli, and I'll never forget it. Meeting a Deity isn't like meeting any other form of entity. Entities usually come and go and are blended into your current environment, but my one experience with a Deity was completely different. I was entirely transported to his temple where I approached him, and I was really only able to look at him. Most Deities (I feel) don't give the pleasure of conversation or insight, as the simple presence of them is powerful enough to make a significant impact on your life.

** I should also note, I distinguish a difference between spirits, entities, and Deities in my own belief system...
Simply an arbiter.

Return to “Shamanism”