Encountered a dubious spirit animal on the astral plane

TomBombadil
Forum Member
Forum Member

Encountered a dubious spirit animal on the astral plane

Post by TomBombadil »

A couple of months ago I embarked on a spiritual journey with the aid of psilocybin mushrooms. During this journey I began to have feelings of power and saw myself briefly as an octopus whose arms were constantly in motion moving things in accordance with my will. This image quickly changed to a black spider and understood it was important somehow. I had many other revelations on this journey but they must wait for another time as the aforementioned vision is what is relevant to this post.

Last night while experimenting with astral projection, I came across a huge spider on a web spun between an array of stalactites and stalacmites that seemed to be growing out of nothingness. I approached the spider realizing that it wouldn't hurt me. It made hissing sounds which seemed to form words I couldn't understand as it showed me visions of it becoming a part of me. It showed me that I could share it's power and that it could offer protection but that it would feed on me in return. I wasn't too keen on being fed upon so I declined. The spider came low and placed one of its front legs on my shoulder as it drew it's fang across my chest over my heart. It left a superficial wound which quickly healed before it returned to it's place at the center of the web. I then left to explore more of the astral plane.

My question is what kind of spirit was this?? I thought it may be a spirit animal seeing union with me because of my journey, but I'm a bit creeped out that it wants to feed on me. It didn't seem to mean me any harm however... I am new and inexperienced so any advice is appreciated.

Cerber

Re: Encountered a dubious spirit animal on the astral plane

Post by Cerber »

I've seen some spiders crawling on me (though didn't bite, and didn't really disturb me), but I always just assumed it was some kind of background noise, an "artefact" of some feelings, emotions, projecting outside of self.. or something like that

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

That definitely sounds dubious, like the mob extorting money from businesses in exchange for "protection." You were right to say no.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Definitely dubious. You don't even know the name or intentions of this entity. This is one of the issues with taking uncontrolled hallucinogenic trips, you are very unprotected.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I know that I am going to sound like Darth Vader (because I am going against the advice of the other forum members here) but I have been working with this spider for over a decade and I have learned that she can be very valuable with certain pure-suits. If you wish to learn more PM me.

Return to “Shamanism”