Is this all just My Imagination?

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is this all just My Imagination?

Post by battyboy12 »

I recently undertook several shamanic journey but I fear I might be making them all up. I have met with three power animals, the first being a woolly mammoth, the second being a bear and the third a raccoon.

The strange thing is, on my first journey, when I entered into my trance state and visualized myself going up stairs and opening a door to the spirit world, I actually felt, in my body, myself being sucked or propelled out into "spirit space" for lack of a better word. This feeling has occurred every time I worked with my mammoth spirit animal when I go to meet him- when I do this visualization.

A similar sensation happened yesterday, when I journeyed into the lower world and met two other spirit animals. However, instead of being propelled, I felt a sinking sensation. I have been unable to recreate the sinking sensation or the feeling of being propelled consciously.

I have been feeling lately sense I have began studying shamanism and journeying a certain "friendly presence" and feeling of not being alone {like my guides are always with me} I just don't know if this is real or just my imagination. I for the most part, didn't see anything visually {though I did to some degree at times during the journey}. Could this be real or imaginary?

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is this all just My Imagination?

Post by the_spiral »

Do you have a guide or a teacher? Because most shamanism traditions are traditionally taught by elders who can help you make these distinctions. Not everything can be learned alone.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Return to “Shamanism”