'Powerful Magic Words' & 'The Book of Old Ones'

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: wizardscauldron

Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Venefica

No but I am interested in Pike's New Salt Magick Rites. Have you read that one?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

[QUOTE=wizardscauldron;364235]Has anyone tried the rituals from the book 'Powerful magic Words' by Jason Pike or 'The Book of Old Ones' by Scorpio, both sold by Finbarr books. It would be great to correspond with anyone who has had results from the these books.[/QUOTE]

I have Mr Pike's book on salt magic but I haven't tried any of the rituals though yet - sorry i cant be of help

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I am considering picking it up from Amazon, is it a good book?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I cant say whether its a good book or not as I haven't tried any of the rituals. if I had tried the rituals & obtained results then I would call it a good book. I simply cant judge a books contents that I havent tried

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Ok. How big is the book, some of Pike's books appear to be very tiny and perhaps not worth the money one have to give for them.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I will let you know how many pages later when I get home

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Great thanks. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: Tiswas

Scorpio is actually Carl Nagal, my favourite Finbarr author is Marcus Bottomley who has written Salt Magick.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is then Marcus Bottomley the same person as Jason Pike? Since Salt Magic stands as being written by Pike on Amazon.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Lots of Finbarr authors go under different names, it is a pity that there is no website.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Sorry Venefica

I will post how many pages salt magick by j pike has tonight 11/09/08

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

It is no rush. I can not buy the book before the 20'eh anyway probably. You are doing my a favor so no rush with it.

Tiswas, thank you for the information.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

The real reason about Finbarr having no website is very simple, the owner has usually found out that his page gets God-botherers, time-wasters and really no serious business transactions.
Finberr is a business run by an Irishman who was formerly a Catholic, and with this business found himself under a lot of threat. As for the Authors there are plenty, Marcus Bottomley is a Nigerian guy who does go under the name of Pike. As for Carl Nagel he is Scorpio, and he actually is a Satanist - but a very nice guy.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

All these aliases give me a headache. If I ever mange to publish a book it will be by my real name. Do you like Salt Magic by the way? Have you read it?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hiya Tiswas

Ive been buting & reading Finbarr books for 20 years. You seem to know quite a lot about the publisher - I know his name but I didn't know he used to be an Irish catholic!! How do you know that Marcus Bottomley is jason Pike please?

Hiya Venefica

As you are in no rush I couldn't find my salt magic book - I may have lent it out but I will post it here by the 20th - Irts got about 20 pages or so I guess

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Original post: MatthewK

I've read The Book of Old Ones, it's a companion to Derleth and Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos tales, nothing more. Actually, there's a good review of the book on Mythos Tomes @ http://www.mythostomes.com/content/view/85/1/

Whether or not the author is serious, the Old Ones are the fictional creations of H. P. Lovecraft. Trying to use the power of the Old Ones to work magic makes about as much sense as imitating Darth Vader in the hope that you, too, will master the Dark Side of the Force. Perhaps if he reads more Superman comics, Scorpio will gain powers and abilities far beyone those of mortal men.

In short it's like the Turner, Tyson, Wilson, Hayes, etc. Necronomicons, or Turner's R'lyeh Text: fantasy supplement for your book collection, looks nice between, say, a Lovecraft anthology and a first-edition of McCauley's Dark Forces. There's no serious magick there.

That's not to say a proficient chaote couldn't use the book for something... but those guys can use a freakin' McDonald's menu to create a servitor and set up a commercial as a glitterbomb to feed the damn thing. So yeah.

I wouldn't waste my time with that one.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hiya Venefica

As you are in no rush I couldn't find my salt magic book - I may have lent it out but I will post it here by the 20th - Irts got about 20 pages or so I guess
Ok great, thanks. :D
Whether or not the author is serious, the Old Ones are the fictional creations of H. P. Lovecraft. Trying to use the power of the Old Ones to work magic makes about as much sense as imitating Darth Vader in the hope that you, too, will master the Dark Side of the Force. Perhaps if he reads more Superman comics, Scorpio will gain powers and abilities far beyone those of mortal men.
Chaotes do this all the time. Use fiction in our real magick work, pray to a fiction Deity or make one up ourself. It may sound strange, but to us the rationale for it is that there is no reality, nothing is true, so what are just imagined is just as true as what is accepted as real in this reality.
That's not to say a proficient chaote couldn't use the book for something... but those guys can use a freakin' McDonald's menu to create a servitor and set up a commercial as a glitterbomb to feed the damn thing. So yeah.
Yes is not not great? Anja love her Chaos magick. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Venefica;365185 wrote:Chaotes do this all the time. Use fiction in our real magick work, pray to a fiction Deity or make one up ourself. It may sound strange, but to us the rationale for it is that there is no reality, nothing is true, so what are just imagined is just as true as what is accepted as real in this reality.

Yes is not not great? Anja love her Chaos magick. :D
I could never do it, you guys get the props from me for creativity all the time!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Thanks, most just call us crazy. :D

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Hello matthew K

I have been doing the 'calling ritual' from the book of old ones & I have seen very large flashes of bright white light & orbs of light in my home as Scorpio said I would - I have had experiences like this with any occult work. also whilst doing the ritual I experience the bodily sensations that Scorpio says I will of tingling in my forehead & vast amounts of energy passing through my body. There is something going on here & it is not my imagination & it just isnt coincidence

Regards

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

That's interesting, wizardscauldron - did you ask the Old Ones to give you flashes of bright white light and orbs? If so, that would explain why you're having them - what was the purpose of your asking them to create these manifestations? Aren't those rather frivolous reasons to call forth an ancient and powerful primordial entity from the abyss? :)

If you didn't ask them for these manifestations or "signs", did you get the other results you asked for? If not, what makes you think the lights and flashes have anything to do with the rituals you've performed, and what are the other occult works you're doing? Could they possibly be the source of your mystery manifestations?

These are basic questions you should be able to answer in regards to the grimoire, which is obviously meant as a companion book to other Cthulhu mythos books...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Dear Matthew

I simply did the preliminary ritual to call the old ones before asking them for my request. I did not ask for the flashes of light or for the orbs of light. The author Scorpio says that if one see flashes of light and/or orbs of light then you have successfully called the old ones forth. I wont say what my request was but I had a result that wasnt quite what I expected but a definite result.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

I would personally be a bit skeptical to having experiences just like the book says when I do a ritual. I find the chances of it being my mind creating a placebo is less if I get results I did not expect. Not that I am calling your results a placebo. However it might be something to keep in mind.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Venefica;365300 wrote:I would personally be a bit skeptical to having experiences just like the book says when I do a ritual. I find the chances of it being my mind creating a placebo is less if I get results I did not expect. Not that I am calling your results a placebo. However it might be something to keep in mind.
That's exactly what I was about to suggest.

Wizardscauldron, what other occult works are you doing/have you done to give you enough experience in this rite that you could simply pick up the book and perform it with great results (other than flashy light orb thingies)? :eh:

Return to “Witchcraft”